Seedling problem or not

WilliegrnThumb

I have a week old seedling of some bruce ban and one leaf looks a bit smaller than the other is this norm or what is it

Attachments

• 20190903_192043.jpg
    20190903_192043.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 66
Welcome to 420,Willie:welcome:
Sometimes the first two or three sets of leaves grow a little "funny"...it's not something they all do,but it's very common-they should straighten out by the fourth set of leaves.

She's looking good so far...
If you need help with anything else,let us know,we'll help you if we can!

I'm using ff happy frog soil and my plant is only 1 week old when and what nuts should I use that will help with yields and over all health

The Happy Frog soil has enough nutrients in it for the plant to outgrow the cup. As far as after that it depends on what you want to do and your budget. Just to give you an example what I do is once the plant out grows the cup meaning the roots have filled up the soil and are coming out of the holes in the bottom of the cup. I also cut a few little slits around the sides about 1/3 up from the bottom of the cup so I can see roots at the bottom and the sides then I know I can transplant. I have been transplanting them into 5 gallon fabric pots with FoxFarm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog mix with added perlite for drainage. Which I’ve recently learned is bad practice and you should up pot in stages as the plant grows. For example From cup to 1/2 gl, 1 gl, 3 gl, 7 gl. Something like that. This promotes horizontal root growth. Look up Emilya How to properly water a potted plant. She explains it well. The nutrients in that soil will last for about a month. Then I add FoxFarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom liquid nutes and Open Sesame, Beastie Bloom and Cha Ching solubles. They are about $80-90 together on Amazon but last through quite a few grows

I didn't go from cup to pot I went from peet pellet to 3 gal pot and just water around her but I do have 1 in a solo cup that broke soil 2 days ago I figured if I go from peet to 3 gal pot I only move her twice which means less stress on her and trying to do something different with the other 1 to see which method is best but as for the nuts thanks for the info I will pick them up on Amazon

I didn't go from cup to pot I went from peet pellet to 3 gal pot and just water around her but I do have 1 in a solo cup that broke soil 2 days ago I figured if I go from peet to 3 gal pot I only move her twice which means less stress on her and trying to do something different with the other 1 to see which method is best but as for the nuts thanks for the info I will pick them up on Amazon
My bad. The pic looked like it was in a cup. Like @Chris Scorpio said natural light pictures are better and clicking Full Image when you attach a photo makes it easier to see. Sometimes the thumbnails don’t open when you click on them

She is only 2 weeks old and wanted some feed back and advise on her and what should be my next step

Attachments

• 20190906_185352.jpg
    20190906_185352.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 58
She is a bruce banner strain and she is planted in ff happy soil In a 32x32x63 tent with a galaxy hydro led light

Attachments

• 20190906_185406.jpg
    20190906_185406.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 59
what should be my next step
You may want to consider moving her into a bigger pot in a week or so,she'll need more room pretty soon...then, It's up to you whether you just want to let her grow like she is, or do some training to end up with more budsites.

Training will give you better yields,but it won't do anything for the health of your plant...
Ideally,the plant should be healthy when you begin the training.
She looks about the right size for her age- She should start growing faster now,which means the roots will need more room pretty soon.
It's hard to tell from the pic -how big is the pot she's in now?

About 3.5qt pot as I did my research most of them say wait till it has about 5 fan leaves or about 5 to 8 inch height she just has 2 sets and is nowhere near 5 to 8

That pot size should be fine for another 3 weeks or so...Then you'll want to up pot to a 3 or 5 gallon for her final home.

Back
Top Bottom