Seedling problem

V3nomzz

My seedling doesn't seem to be looking healthy... My leaves seem to be dropping, I haven't even over watered it, I only give it a small amount of water per day.
I've looked at the roots and they don't seem to be any form off problems. Such as root rot and bound, there White and healthy,

I'm not sure what the strain is as it's from a bag I got.
Hmm. I gave it 1ml biobizz root juice and active Vera, this is applied to 1 litre... Yet this is being watered at a small amount each day,
Could it be the outdoors such as heat stress

Attachments

• 20200410_122336.jpg
    20200410_122336.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200410_122315.jpg
    20200410_122315.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 56
Is that coco or soil?

Not sure from you’re post - are you growing outdoors? If not what do you have for lighting.

Having asked that- your plant looks fine. Maybe could use some more light?

Is that coco or soil?

Not sure from you’re post - are you growing outdoors? If not what do you have for lighting.

Having asked that- your plant looks fine. Maybe could use some more light?
I'm currently growing it in dna Mills coco Cork organic, before potting up to light mix soil via biobizz,
As the cotylodons are still attached, does that mean I would still need to add a small about of nitrogen (grow) to help her? Or do I give the first feed once those leaves have fallen off to developing its 3rd, 4th set of leaves
I am doing an outdoor grow, and we have temps going up to 20° with warm weather with a slight breeze.
I've been searching on the Internet and they saying it could be overwatered as the leaves drop, or it could be underwatered thank you for getting back! In slightly more relaxed when you said she looks fine

Looks under watered & like your light is too high / far away from the plant. The light being too high is giving you a long lanky stem. Since you are growing in Coco I'd be feeding 1/4 strength nutes. Coco doesn't have any nutes. Never use plain water in Coco ... add nutes. pH should be 5.8 for Coco. Never let Coco dry out completely ... keep it moist at all times.
Once you up pot to soil you'll have to pH to 6.4 as soil uses a different pH than Coco. You really should start your plant in the same stuff you plan to grow in for this reason. But 1 solo cup of Coco in soil wont matter much.

Or do I give the first feed once those leaves have fallen off to developing its 3rd, 4th set of leaves
I start feeding before I plant the seed when I grow in Coco. The day before I plant the seed I water the Coco with 1/4 strength nutes & 1 ml. of Cal Mag per gallon. Plant my seed & then start feeding normally. Always worked fine for me.
I use FFOF soil when I grow in soil so it has nutes already in it. Therefore I don't start adding nutes for 2 - 3 weeks .

Yes the cotyledons provide nutrients, but I would still feed a trace amount from the start, or very soon after the start. Definitely don’t wait till later.
Technically I guess you can’t overwater in coco. It provides a lot of air space. I never liked soaking the seedlings at the very first stages, and preferred to baby them a little, but that’s just me. The drooping may be a reaction to the watering but as long as you say the roots are fine ( you looked?) and temps are good then they should be fine. Low temps tend to conspire with high moisture content to cause trouble.

One thing that is important with coco is PH, and calmag. If you’re transplanting young it may not matter.

Thanks for the advice guys, she's actually coming around and is looking slightly healthier, the second set off leaves are showing and waiting for them to grow.

As I'm growing in coco (soil like, not brick) you mentioned I should feed at 1/4 strength nutrients,. What about calmag? I read somewhere that my base water should be around 200/250ppm, do I add the calmag to that figure and then add the nutrients at 1/4 strength? My ppm is at 17 and adding around 5/6ml calmag to a litre to bring the ppm up just seems like overkill for the seedlings.

You mentioned never let coco fully dry out and keep it moist, does that include the top as in soil you water when it's around 1.5/2 inch dry on the top

Also for future references, I read that you should pre soak the coco a day before at 3/4 strength, to help the coco such as oxygen, salt build up and to replace pk with calmag at the earlier stages, is this part true?

As I'm growing in coco (soil like, not brick)

you mentioned I should feed at 1/4 strength nutrients,.

What about calmag? I read somewhere that my base water should be around 200/250ppm, do I add the calmag to that figure and then add the nutrients at 1/4 strength? My ppm is at 17 and adding around 5/6ml calmag to a litre to bring the ppm up just seems like overkill for the seedlings.

You mentioned never let coco fully dry out and keep it moist, does that include the top as in soil you water when it's around 1.5/2 inch dry on the top

Also for future references, I read that you should pre soak the coco a day before at 3/4 strength, to help the coco such as oxygen, salt build up and to replace pk with calmag at the earlier stages, is this part true?

:hmmmm: Did I say all that stuff? Not on this thread anyway.

Ok first what do you mean by ‘soil-like’ coco? Is it pure coco or does it have other stuff containing nutrients mixed in it? Feed accordingly I guess.

1/4 strength seems a little high for a brand new hatchling. Maybe more like 1/6 strength even?

Definitely not 5 or 6 ml/litre of calmag. I usually added around 3-5 ml per gallon as a baseline. 0.3 EC aka 150 ppm (depending what conversion scale your meter uses (?) ) is plenty.
As for total ppm -150 might be a good starting point and work up from there. But again we need to know what meter you are using as ‘ppm’ isn’t a reliable number- it varies by meter because they use different conversion factors to arrive at ppm.

There’s quite a lot of nitrogen in calmag so yes definitely factor it in. Depending what brand calmag you have and the micronutrients it contains, Just that calmag alone is enough to feed them in the early stages. At least I used to use it that way.

Back
Top Bottom