If Soil... What is in your Mix? Fox Farms Light Warrior
If Soil... What Size Pot? Beer cups
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 6 - 42w CFLs 6400k
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 68-78 usually 72-74 degree
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40-60% usually around 50%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.8 medium, 7.0 H2O
Any Pests? none observed
How Often are you Watering? when beer containers are light I water, every 3 days or so
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? none
Size or Square Footage of Room? 32

At present, I have numerous seedlings that are not thriving and some are starting to yellow and brown at the tips. I do not think I am over watering as I wait until the cups are light. If anything I may be under watering.

When I started the grow I had some heat problems (over 90 degrees) and I was using 600w HPS that I dialed down to 360w. After it became apparent that the HPS was too much I put in some CFLs. The CFLs are ate between 5 and 8 inches from the plants. see below

The setup
Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_011.JPG

Problem seedlings - yellowing, some turning brown at tips and stunted growth - pics did not turn out as I would have liked but there they are.

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_012.JPG

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_013.JPG

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_014.JPG

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_015.JPG

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_016.JPG

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_017.JPG

Any ideas on how to save these little gals? :passitleft:

what it the source of the water? tap/well/softened ect.?
water is high in PH and likely TA too. (total alkalinity)

I don't think it is PH as the soil is 6.8 and water is approximately 7.0. The water comes from a chlorinated municipal water supply and I air out for 24hrs before using. Others in the area have said that they have used the same water for years with no problems.

These two pics are a little better.

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_018.JPG

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_019.JPG

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to save these ladies?

your ligths migth b a lil to close check the temp rite at the base of the seedling also u sould be misting to promote veg growth if i where you an u ca i would try and give the a few hours of sunlite a lil after misting or a nice flush dont let it sit in the water let it drain all out

your ligths migth b a lil to close check the temp rite at the base of the seedling also u sould be misting to promote veg growth if i where you an u ca i would try and give the a few hours of sunlite a lil after misting or a nice flush dont let it sit in the water let it drain all out

Thanks for the feedback :peace:

I adjusted the lights up about 2"; I have two hygrometers measuring at seedling level - they are at 74 degree F and 55% RH; i will try the flush - window is a bit difficult due to neighbors.

Here are a few other pics of the setup from other side - oscillating fan and the cool mister runs 24/7

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_020.JPG

Grow_1_Problems_9-11-10_021.JPG

ive had this happen in beer cups do u no the strain the migth be very picky or not but the sould be ok you seem to have a watchfull eye ova them i noticed your temp in a pic

ive had this happen in beer cups do u no the strain the migth be very picky or not but the sould be ok you seem to have a watchfull eye ova them i noticed your temp in a pic

Strains include - Sharksbreath, Onyx, Rocklock, Northern Lights, White Widow, short ryder.

I wanted to check out some of your grows - do you have a journal online here?

I'm heading out for a jam session - won't be back till sun up, but I would like to say thanks and check out whatever you are doing or have done. Let me know and I'll check it out.

:thanks:

there is a reason for no grow im not in a mj state an other factors i no is sounds wierd gettting advice im no pro i mostly let the plant do what is meant too jus try an get them as close to gods perfect specs sometime not even stressing them to play around one thing i can say u gonna have node on top of node from keeping the ligth close plus im blessed to stay in pretty decent sometimes divine herb bud ps it migth have helped wit dampin off

i would even say try a medium mist keep the roots looking for water sometime less is more

your soil is too wet; let it dry out; this is a common mistake,
put your finger into the soil and when it feels dry down a few inches then water.
you must back off on the water, my friend or your plants will get even sicker,
happy growing,
john

Back
Top Bottom