Seedling Question

kaymen667

Hi,
Just starting my second grow. I ran into an issue a couple times in the past with my seedlings. I soak overnight then plant them directly in their final pot since they are all autos. Several times I have run into the issue of the outside of the seed getting stuck on the first two leaves. Anytime this happens the seedlings have ended up dying. I tried to carefully remove the seed pod once but that plant died even faster. Seems like any plant I have that makes it to the first set of real leaves is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Several times I have run into the issue of the outside of the seed getting stuck on the first two leaves. Anytime this happens the seedlings have ended up dying. I tried to carefully remove the seed pod once but that plant died even faster.

When the seed case gets stuck, are you applying water (wetting the area down) a few times, waiting a few minutes between each reapplication? Or over the course of a couple days, even? Seems like this helps.

Wish I had asked this question a few weeks ago!

LOL. Been there, done that (many, many times ;) ).

The main thing is that everything is okay now - and you learned something in the process. I'd call that a win.

Back
Top Bottom