Seedling SOS

beardlyprowes

I'm not sure, but I think that my seedlings are in a bit of trouble. I took too long getting them under a CFL/light cycle, and they've reached and stretched up quite a bit. I just brought a fan into the room and have begun to monitor the humidity in the room a lot more, since I've heard these things will cut down on the stem reaching out.

My question is: can these things be saved? They're pretty tall and just have their little baby leaves at the top, no other growth. Can this be reversed since I'm just starting week 2 of my grow?

Sorry, first timer, and I'm nervous.

No pics make it hard, but i'll try. You can try to repot them and bury the stem up to the cotyledons. Make sure and get the CFL as close as possible without burning them. And get a fan to very gently blow across the bulb and plant and that will help it build a stronger stem

Thanks for the quick response!!

I've read that if they're buried too deep, you run the risk of root rot. Would that be a concern?

(Note: there's a lot of stuff I've tripped up, but this is definitely a learning experience!)

I'll try to get a photo on here, see if this works:
seedling_zps65d9623c.jpg

Don't worry about it when u replant her just put her a little deeper so half the stem is under soil she will build roots of it. Also root rot is due over watering but mostly a hydro problem in soil as long as plenty of drainage you will fine.

Flick through my journal its the basics the lovely 420 community helped me with last yr to a very successful grow
Goodluck

Sorry to change subject, but you guys seem to definitely know what you're doing around here, so I have a quick question if you don't mind:

What is a good starting bulb that's available on Amazon or something? I'm not sure if the lights that I bought (Sylvia 23watt/1640lumen cfls) are going to work as well as something else that's commercially available. Obviously I don't want to do a ballast or anything like that.

Any recommendation for just a small, 3 plant grow? Pretty sure I'm going to scrap what I have going and start off using new info I've learned. Too bad, too - I was looking forward to a crop in Oct!

No need to scrap anything the CFL bulbs are fine just get the daylight bulbs like Jimmycricket suggested 6400 Kelvin.

Instead of jumping in on someone elses thread you can start your own thread, the thread starter is at the top of the Frequently Asked Questions. Post new thread is the link you are looking for.

Sorry to change subject, but you guys seem to definitely know what you're doing around here, so I have a quick question if you don't mind:

What is a good starting bulb that's available on Amazon or something? I'm not sure if the lights that I bought (Sylvia 23watt/1640lumen cfls) are going to work as well as something else that's commercially available. Obviously I don't want to do a ballast or anything like that.

Any recommendation for just a small, 3 plant grow? Pretty sure I'm going to scrap what I have going and start off using new info I've learned. Too bad, too - I was looking forward to a crop in Oct!

Back
Top Bottom