Seedling with praying leaves: good or bad?

LeonardLunte

This is my first grow. Im using the strain Royal Dwarf Autoflower.
My seedling is about 4 days old and 7cm tall. Im growing on my windowsill with a 100W LED light. The windowsill only really gets a lot of sunlight in the morning thats why im using the LED light with it, which im leaving on 24hours a day.
When the sun hits it it can get pretty hot tho. (~28-31 degrees Celsius) Ive been getting mixed results when I looked up if that is too much, thats why Im opening this threat.
It reaches those temps for about 4-6 hours a day, the rest of the day its about 18-23 degrees celsius.
I also looked up why my seedling seems to be praying, some say it is a really good sign and some say its a sign of heat stress. Please help me out here.
DSC_0078.JPGDSC_0077.JPGDSC_0080.JPGDSC_0082.JPG

Thx for the replies. I think I will try to hang the light a bit lower (to maybe 20cm?) and see how it responds to it. Its a pretty cheap led, 30$, so I think itll be fine. Will the stretch affect the yield already? I hear autoflowers are pretty resentful when it comes to stuff like that

No the stretching won't affect the yield but try not to let it stretch to much and I would try and get the light abit closer, you will also need better lighting abit further down the line.

HIya @LeonardLunte welcome to the best place to argue (I PROMISE I WONT) about lights on the interwebs! I do everything on the cheap, quite successfully I might add. Lots of options for beginners, you don't have to invest alot of $$$, you can get away with $$. I built my own tents (not really a tent as much as a little room), use lots of different kind of light, evem built a nice little LED light from the grocery store and resale shop, but I started with used blurples in my closet. Mars Hydro is my fav and I have plenty, but there are many great manufacturers and I'd suggest looking at used lighting equipment myself till you figure things out more and are able to know why you are buying the nicer more expensive equipment you are buying. CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

do you know why my seedling leaves look so small, thin? Compared to other seedlings from the same strain with the same age its leaves seem exceptionally thin and small. Does it have to do with the stretching? Sorry for all the questions
Added fourth pic

Back
Top Bottom