Seedlings 1st: Black Cherry Punch, Laniakea, Lemon Thai Kush

Seedlingmtl

Okie.....here we go. Second journal/grow, but this time straight up Doc Bud's High Brix Blend all the way! I had tons of growing pains in the last run....lots of mistakes, but lots of fun as well. Ended up with some good looking produce, but we are gonna try and take it to the next level with the kit.

So right now we are in #1 nursery pots that will be moved into #10's once we are root bound.

What we got cooking is:

1x Black Cherry Punch - gifted to me from @Duggan

"Black Cherry Punch is an indica, formulated by In House Genetics from a cross between Purple Punch and IHG's own Black Cherry Pie. It is known to deliver full body relaxation along with a dose of euphoric bliss, as one would expect from a potent, indica heavy strain with a 25% THC and 1.3% CBD. Dark green in color and covered with mostly orange pistils and medium sized trichomes, the buds are somewhat airy with a little give to them when they are squeezed.
Black Cherry Punch has a complicated taste profile that begins with earthy, pine-like notes. There are sweet, floral undertones and a lingering aftertaste that can be described as woody, grassy and reminiscent of hay. A cerebral effect takes hold rather quickly, stimulating the mind and sharpening one's concentration. It is also physically relaxing, and as is characteristic of heavier indicas, and the upbeat effects give way and slow down after a little time passes, with the sedative aspects being more pronounced if Black Cherry Punch is smoked later in the day."

2x Laniakea - gifted to me from @Duggan

This one is pretty much a mystery to me.....I have seen some of the journals here that have grown them out, and I am excited to see what happens.

2x Lemon Thai Kush - HSO

"Lemon Thai Kush is a cannabis seed that has fully reliable origins, as it comes from a Haze and a White Widow. Accessible to every grower, this marijuana plant yields huge buds that give off an intense fresh flowery scent. With an average resistance to moisture, it has inherited the resin production rates of White Widow and the complex flavour and aroma of Haze. This marijuana plant ensures a good crop indoors as well as outdoors in a temperate or Mediterranean climate.

Complex and refreshing, the aroma of Lemon Thai Kush reminds of citrus, fresh flowers and cedar. The flavour is rich and intense, with hints of lemon, pine, pepper and exotic woods. The powerful long-lasting effect is slightly more cerebral than physical. A lovely surprise."

4 of 5 have surfaced: BCP, both the Lani, and one of the LTK. I wanted 4 plants and dropped an extra just in case....watch me end up with 5! :rofl:

They were planted straight into kit soil (Promix HP/Wiggle Worm) that has been cooking since mid May of this year. I followed the method laid out by @Doc Bud in the infamous @Darkscotia apprentice journal.

I got two lights to work with currently
(Viparspectra 300W/Optic 4 3rd Gen COB) and plan on adding another to the mix when we flip and flower. The Optic 4 is the main light for now and the blurple is extra light when needed.

I am starting out in my 3x3 tent until transplanting into the #10's and they will be set free to grow and stretch out in my flower room.

It's gonna be a bit slow growing from seed, but I am gonna try and document the DBHBB process from my perspective. I had a lot of problems reading the leaves and constantly over and under feeding with the last nutrients and soil I was working with.....I am gonna be trying to get into the groove of how these products work as well as try and improve maintaining the environment.

That's all I got for now...pics to follow soon.

Enjoy

:passitleft:

We got our 4 plants all looking healthy and happy...

Top left (LTK) is still undetermined, but I only have enough of the good soil for 4 #10 pots....so I am not too worried about her. Not gonna let these girls stretch and protecting them with my life :rofl:

Temp is around 70F until the last harvest goes into jars then I am gonna let it rise closer to 80F. Give the AC a bit of a rest...RH is holding at around 50% no problems.

In the middle is the BCP first to break through the soil.

Top right is LTK

Two up front are the Lani

20190816_164832.jpg

Page #1...yeepa , yeepa . Great Sat. morning to ya Mr!. Things are lookin proper over here. Was wondering ...u got lottsa light for your bloom room? U will really like the Lani. Those fem. seeds were made by a friend and member 'Governmentz'...we all call him Gov. The Lani's have two distinct phenos which he identifies . Making the strain was a collaboration between two old members not with us anymore. I can't remember which pheno you have but both are fire so.. They will finish with a lot of potency and flavor. Don't be worried to run them longer if u have to OK.
Looking forward to see u grow with our 'kit' seedling. have fun my brotha....these are the 'good times'.
Cheers eh.:high-five:

Page #1...yeepa , yeepa . Great Sat. morning to ya Mr!. Things are lookin proper over here. Was wondering ...u got lottsa light for your bloom room?

Welcome friend! Not sure of that question....are you asking if I have enough? I think I could get away with these two lights, but I want one in the tent and at least two in the room.

As for the Blue Mystic harvest I am going to work today breaking down everything. All that soil is being gifted to some house plants that have been waiting to get a transplant.
I am almost ready to jar up and everything weighed up is 11.6 ounces. I got a question for you about boveda packs...there is a place right around the corner that sells them and I feel like it might be an added insurance. I'm not 100% on how to use them. Been reading a bit, but today I was gonna spend some time researching the topic.

Enjoy your weekend bud

:passitleft:
20190817_102306.jpg

20190817_102328.jpg

Ya,...the question was , have u got plenty of light for your bloom room? About Boveda packs...lottsa peeps use them , i've never felt the need ...never used them. My jarred produce ALWAYS turns out really nice with a good cure , so....
It might not be a bad idea to do this first harvest naturally, by your self, gaining skill and know how without the help of them , but that's just me. Cheers eh.

That is a great point. I will give it a shot with no training wheels. Tonight will be three days of drying...they are in jars no lid for a little while until I seal them up and see what happens. I want to monitor them over the weekend in the jars before I leave them for 11hrs Monday.

As for light....absolutely I am getting more. I have plenty for the tent, but soon enough I will be getting more. Not sure what my exact budget will be and that will be the deciding factor on what I choose...but it is high priority on the list. After the light the two things on my list are the #33CAN/flange/6" exhaust fan combo and a much better huey.

These plants are gonna be in the tent for a while and I am gonna take the time to take everything else down....clean....seal up the windows for the winter cold....put panda film up on walls and down on the floor....then get the ten gallons filled and mix up the next batch of soil to cook....then transplant. The next few weekends are gonna be pretty busy!

Ok,...this is wat i do ...others do it differently , but this is JUST me ok.
I hang the branches (fully trimmed) for four to five days. At this time the stalks should bend , but not break. The buds will feel fairly dry , they are NOT! This is when u try and smoke a j, see if it burns ok , without lighting it every five seconds...it should burn good. This is when you clip off all the buds , and jar it up , closing the lids. Check a few jars the next day. The buds will now feel moist again,..BINGO! You have done it, there is still moisture in them. This moisture will now dissipate throughout the bud, equalizing moisture ( this is one of the reasons why properly cured weed, burns so smooth) and the fermentation process begins. Every time u remove the lids, the fermentation stops.
If the buds feel too moist , then just leave the lid off for an hour or so, then re check them, they will prolly feel spongy , but drier. seal up the jar again ,...check again the next day. Once they feel spongy , but drier than they were...leave the lids on...it's not hard, just takes time and a feel for it. U will soon get to know the way it all works and how to maximize flavor and potency....Hope this has helped.

Yeah, so I was talking with my visitor I had over the day I chopped that down....it was on Tuesday....so yesterday was day 4 and today will be day 5. It was still too soon and I need to get my brain to stop trying to work on time frames and more on what is happening. They looked lighter and a bit smaller...I just really have no clue what ready looks like....but I will soon!

...:ciao:...just getting here now...3 days might work if Yer' in the desert...usually 5 puts you in the ballpark, then take it from there...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
Great to see you as always H00k! Yeah, the thing is it is all dependent on temps and humidity of where your drying....I have been reading and absorbing a lot of the no measurement method and working towards that "green thumb" Doc talks about. Following schedules and quantities is easy, but doesn't work nearly as well as just paying attention and using your senses. It will come faster I think, if I forget about seeking directions and just pay attention to what's actually happening. I am dying to start getting into drenches and trying this stuff out.

:high-five:

...for sure environment is the main thing, and times are subject to your particular Rh/temps...I have had some dry in 3 days( I use paper bag method) but that was pretty much an anomaly...once jarred, I will usually burp twice daily for a couple weeks, but that's just me...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

That's the plan....burping before and after work. The room is sitting at 70F/21°C and is a bit high at 60% RH. I have my dehumidifier going, but we had a lot of rain lately and the temps have gone up a bit outside. I am gonna check another spot in my house and see if I can do better out of the room.

They are feeling a bit crispy on the outside this morning.....so we are getting closer.

Back
Top Bottom