Seedlings 1st: Black Cherry Punch, Laniakea, Lemon Thai Kush

What!!

Did I also make page one! I hope this post doesn’t put me on page two! Haha oh well!

Yes three days is way too short for a drying session. Dugan explained it perfectly but I’ll give my $0.02 as well. With good air flow, 5-6 days have been the magic number. I like to say, if your unsure, give it another day.

I forget the exact number but 11 some oz is a pretty good haul! Granted it is still wet, so that number will decrease a bit. But great job and congratulations with your last grow. I Look forward to this grow!:thumb:

Yes....do not think "air flow" means that circ. fans are left on.The only air movement in your/our drying areas should be the exhaust fan/filter. ALL other fans should be OFF.
Do not have fans blowing on our drying produce .It will dry them way too fast and u will NOT like the results.
Cheers.

My plants flowering times are always off, using two different strains, they usually are.

First plant I hang in a box with tie wire string across from each side. Put a small fan upside down in said box. Never pointed directly at hanging branches, just enough to create (yes) airflow, and I have great results doing so. :thumb:

Picture was before fan was plugged in. Flipped it around before plugging it in.

5 days of drying.

Sorry @seedlingmtl not trying to thread jack.

:snowboating:

My plants flowering times are always off, using two different strains, they usually are.

First plant I hang in a box with tie wire string across from each side. Put a small fan upside down in said box. Never pointed directly at hanging branches, just enough to create (yes) airflow, and I have great results doing so. :thumb:

4E86590F-9A6B-4330-B1DF-15E63BE66CE4.jpeg

Picture was before fan was plugged in. Flipped it around before plugging it in.

9FFE1DB1-92EC-4318-981A-736390160B43.jpeg

5 days of drying.

Sorry @seedlingmtl not trying to thread jack.

:snowboating:
No worries @Backlipslide ....I love activity of all kind on here. Good info there for sure.

I am just new at this and my brain is always trying to rush things. This morning I am in jars. That makes almost 6 days of drying. The outside is crisp and it is feeling light and fluffy.

I had my carbon filter going of course and a portable AC/dehumidifier pointed at the floor.

The last couple days I was testing in jars....with the mini humidity gauges. Just long enough for a reading to settle. It was reading 80%RH a two days ago....then it was down to 70% yesterday. It is burning now, so that is my green light.

Alright...a little update on the cure. I was a bit nervous all day waiting to get back and see good things. I finally get back and everything appears like it is on track. The RH was reading around 80%....but I took out one of the small tighter nugs and rolled it up. Burns slowly, but easily still. I am starting to taste the berry boosting a bit. Keeping open for about 15 min, then lids go back on and I can check back in a few hours and see where the RH settles at.

20190820_165537.jpg

Perfect. Now then,...don't water them until those #1's are very light. I know u will be tempted but don't do it. U will see very little above ground growth for a couple weeks. Thats cuz the roots are forming and seeking out moisture OK. After they get their first drink , u will notice more faster growth ok.
Yup.....I am much better at waiting for them to dry out fully. I have been giving a ring around the pot with a light squeeze of paper towel. Just enough to moisten up the top.....I haven't done anything else since the seeds went down.

When they are ready what do you recommend I start with? Without looking anything up I feel like straight water.

need to know,..did u soak the pots good before planting? If so , then don't sprinkle anything on that soil. Let the seedling look for it, as long as u watered the pot before u planted. I have NEVER spoiled a young plant with extra water at this stage. A plant that has had to find moisture , will grow a more efficient root system , hands down.

need to know,..did u soak the pots good before planting? If so , then don't sprinkle anything on that soil. Let the seedling look for it, as long as u watered the pot before u planted. I have NEVER spoiled a young plant with extra water at this stage. A plant that has had to find moisture , will grow a more efficient root system , hands down.
Yeah, I dunked the pots in water and soaked when the seeds were planted. While the bottom is taking time to dry just giving the outside perimeter a bit of moisture up top. I am not putting that much at all.

I hear ya and will wait before doing anything else.

I got a question about environment....I have a chance to take over a friends place next summer. I think it is perfect for a lot of reasons but I have a couple concerns.

The benefits are mostly that it is at least 4x more space overall than I got now for $50 less per month. Landlord is never around unless asked to fix something and they send a handyman. Really discreet nice place.

The potential problem is there is only one window in the whole place. It is half underground....kind of a basement. It doesn't get too hot or two cold apparently. I am just wondering if it would be a nightmare or a good situation. I do have until next July and I know the people in there now well. I am gonna drop off a few hydrogometers around their house and so I can see what the "natural" environment over the winter is like.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Good morning Seedling.
Yes , those areas in a bldg or house are great for gr'ms
cuz they stay cooler in summer .Only one window is a lil depressing though.. for me anyhow.
Sounds like a good set up though.
Have u met the landlord?
Enjoy your day..
Yeah....the window is the only thing for me....I know you are in a basement and the only thing I would wonder about is humidity control, but I need to invest in better environment control anyway. It seems like a way better option than what I got now. Not lugging water up to the third floor alone is worth it.

I would be doing a lease transfer, so I will most likely never meet the landlord. Which I like the idea of a lot. I already figure my current landlord is gonna do another property value assessment in April....so after this next run I may need to shut it down for a while. That being the case I would pack it all up and set up in my new place next summer. That is more depressing than the window.....especially cause I might have to ditch the soil I got going. Moving 4 totes of dirt just sounds insane. :rofl:

So a little cure update...I have been watching the RH% and yesterday when I got back a few were just above 70% and a few with bigger buds were around 80%. Left them out of the jars in the cardboard case over night. I put all the small stuff back in and sealed them up this morning. All the big buds I left out for today and will jar up when I get home.

...and a little seedling action. Everything is (I think) looking good. One of the Lani is stretched out a bit, but hasn't moved much lately. Still looks a little moist at the bottoms, but getting really light. The BCP is moving the fastest of the bunch. This weekend might be the next dunk. I think I am suppose to dunk straight water. These pots have already some light transplant and tea in them from those last plants my dog gobbled up hard. If I am starting with a trans or GI I am following the 10-15ml per gallon of water (not soil) method and see how we like it.

The Jars were all reading the same just above 70%.....burping and gonna watch it. I put all the bigger buds in jars and I am gonna see where they are now after another day.

Enjoy

20190822_164608.jpg
20190822_164551.jpg

20190822_165501.jpg

Back
Top Bottom