Seedlings 1st: Black Cherry Punch, Laniakea, Lemon Thai Kush

Howdy Seedling. I get tickled when I see people cracking these Lani seeds. It truly was a labor of love...and the strain is fantastic in kit soil as you'll soon find out yourself. I haven't grown it myself in almost 18 months and was just thinking of cracking some so I can see how it yields in the rosin press (when I ran this strain before and made the seeds, I wasn't squishing my own).

That slight claw on the leaf tips of the LTK isn't an issue. My OG does the same thing at transplant. Then a few days later they always kick into high gear. Some of those older, lower fans may never flatten back out, but as long as the newer growth is healthy those lower fans are only food anyway.

I'm still running the BCP myself, and trust me when I say it can take over your veg space too! Mine is the cherry phenotype (might be the same as yours actually ;) ) and when it hits its stride during late veg I always get antsy because they just explode and I try to have my rotation timings fairly consistent.

Keep up the good work dude.

Howdy Seedling. I get tickled when I see people cracking these Lani seeds. It truly was a labor of love...and the strain is fantastic in kit soil as you'll soon find out yourself. I haven't grown it myself in almost 18 months and was just thinking of cracking some so I can see how it yields in the rosin press (when I ran this strain before and made the seeds, I wasn't squishing my own).

That slight claw on the leaf tips of the LTK isn't an issue. My OG does the same thing at transplant. Then a few days later they always kick into high gear. Some of those older, lower fans may never flatten back out, but as long as the newer growth is healthy those lower fans are only food anyway.

Keep up the good work dude.
Thanks for stopping by Gov! We are definitely gonna give it our best shot here. I have read through few journals that grew out these Laniakea. I am looking forward to seeing them in action and I feel real lucky having a shot at it. I have one seed left in storage for later as well.

:passitleft:

I topped up the pots with soil....right to the top after the first drink sunk the level. I still have some soil left in the tote. I will keep topping up these 4 as needed and I guess mix it in with my next cook.....which is creeping up here.

Everything is feeling real good right about now. The BCP is just a gorgeous looking plant.....maybe the prettiest of the bunch.

20190916_170813.jpg

20190916_051847.jpg

I like......lookin proper ! :headbanger: Ya eh...the BCP is such a gorgeous strain...wait till ya get a chance to sample it...yummy, potent.
Yeah....I am glad I got that first grow out of the way with all the growing pains I went through. Super psyched my first DBHBB grow is feeling on point without so many stupid mistakes :rofl:

Just gonna be sitting back and watching the miracle of nature here. :surf:

Gonna RIP some bong hits of the Chronic tonight. I loaded up some for a friend here last night and it totally overwhelmed them! :bongrip:

:popcorn:

Howdy Seedling and Gang :green_heart:
Beautiful plants you got going there bud :high-five:

Nice job guiding Duggs :adore:. Great advice all the way through and :welldone: following the lead Seed:slide:

I just finished my second Kit grow and ran Elev8 Gorilla Glue. Have a look at my journal if you like Seedling. Still updating the final weights and drying / curing as it happens. And I’ll have another Perpetual Journal starting soon.

Your going to have some amazing smoke in a couple months. I think the Mars Lights Hook and you are looking at are one of the best options for the $$$.

Mars also came out with the SP line of lights in a 150w and 250w unit. They are 3ft long bars. They are more expensive then the TS I like the TS more for your needs and budget.

The SP line looks quite nice tho. I also like the idea of one plant gets one light. In 10gals they should reward u back very well.

When your done this grow and if you are able to try Low and Slow drying / curing i would recommend it. I used to have issues drying traditionally just hanging it up in a “controlled” tent but the fridge after bud washing has been my new preferred method.

Same goes for Bud washing. Tried it on my first kit grow and I don’t think I will skip that step in the future. I believe it helps slow down the drying and even it out. Aswell as the cleansing reasons of course.

For Low and Slow you will need a frost free fridge that can fit your harvest. My 35 year old standard size family fridge can hold my harvest but your yields might be a lot more then 12-14oz with those bigger pots.

Cheers Seedling can’t wait too see you knock it out of the park. Love that strains your running here. ESP that BCP :drool:

Looks like Summers going to finish strong here in Ontario. Have a sweet day fellas :surf:

Thank u Ken....Seedling is right on track for a bumper harvest . I suspect he will pull in well over one pound with his set up , providing he trains and cares for them proper like i imagine he will. Yes, low and slow , is a method my old friend Ziggy /Ziggs came up with a few yrs. ago and a lot of peeps are doing it with great success. Cheers Ken.. :high-five:

:popcorn:

Howdy Seedling and Gang :green_heart:
Beautiful plants you got going there bud :high-five:

Nice job guiding Duggs :adore:. Great advice all the way through and :welldone: following the lead Seed:slide:

I just finished my second Kit grow and ran Elev8 Gorilla Glue. Have a look at my journal if you like Seedling. Still updating the final weights and drying / curing as it happens. And I’ll have another Perpetual Journal starting soon.

Your going to have some amazing smoke in a couple months. I think the Mars Lights Hook and you are looking at are one of the best options for the $$$.

Mars also came out with the SP line of lights in a 150w and 250w unit. They are 3ft long bars. They are more expensive then the TS I like the TS more for your needs and budget.

The SP line looks quite nice tho. I also like the idea of one plant gets one light. In 10gals they should reward u back very well.

When your done this grow and if you are able to try Low and Slow drying / curing i would recommend it. I used to have issues drying traditionally just hanging it up in a “controlled” tent but the fridge after bud washing has been my new preferred method.

Same goes for Bud washing. Tried it on my first kit grow and I don’t think I will skip that step in the future. I believe it helps slow down the drying and even it out. Aswell as the cleansing reasons of course.

For Low and Slow you will need a frost free fridge that can fit your harvest. My 35 year old standard size family fridge can hold my harvest but your yields might be a lot more then 12-14oz with those bigger pots.

Cheers Seedling can’t wait too see you knock it out of the park. Love that strains your running here. ESP that BCP :drool:

Looks like Summers going to finish strong here in Ontario. Have a sweet day fellas :surf:
What's happening Wren! Thanks for stopping by and all the thoughts. I will definitely check out what you got going on over there. Can't get enough journals from here lately.

I feel pretty good about the light choice. These newer lights look like they do good work and the price point can't be beat. Another couple of weeks and I will put in an order and the setup here is gonna be pumping!

I have read through the low and slow....and it is definitely in my future to give it a shot. I might give the simple straight forward method another go now that I got a feel for it. I also definitely need to get a new fridge to get going on that....and I got a bunch of shopping to do before winter hits. Along with a couple lights....I need a really good quality humidifier as well as a 6"fan/CAN#33 filter combo. It never seems to end huh? :rofl: :laugh:
Most definitely I am gonna bud wash this time around. That I am 100% dedicated to following through with. I skipped it last grow.

Thank u Ken....Seedling is right on track for a bumper harvest . I suspect he will pull in well over one pound with his set up , providing he trains and cares for them proper like i imagine he will. Yes, low and slow , is a method my old friend Ziggy /Ziggs came up with a few yrs. ago and a lot of peeps are doing it with great success. Cheers Ken.. :high-five:
Yeah....enough brixers are doing that and it has been on my radar for a while. Like I said though....gonna give your simple method another shot now that I got the feel down. Thinking about jars now is a long way away though...

Wait till they get their first real drink. Right now they just makin roots,..gettin the feel for the pots. Roots will search, ..and find moisture for several days..then when the pots seem really lite and dry, give em all a big drink (maximum) of straight water W/Tea. This is when you will notice things really movin. Looks like you might have one or two taller ones. No worries, instead of bending the taller ones(tieing down) to level things off, just put the shorter ones up on a box or anything. Training will start soon... :surf: "bootcamp" , as they say...
Puffin this Blonde Leb hash.....typing 's not bad...ha..:high-five:

Wait till they get their first real drink. Right now they just makin roots,..gettin the feel for the pots. Roots will search, ..and find moisture for several days..then when the pots seem really lite and dry, give em all a big drink (maximum) of straight water W/Tea. This is when you will notice things really movin. Looks like you might have one or two taller ones. No worries, instead of bending the taller ones(tieing down) to level things off, just put the shorter ones up on a box or anything. Training will start soon... :surf: "bootcamp" , as they say...
Puffin this Blonde Leb hash.....typing 's not bad...ha..:high-five:
Yeah....you are making me crave hash big time with all that talk!

I will find something to put these Lannys up a bit. I wasn't sure what to expect with these three....I am pretty glad the BCP and LTK are matching up nicely. I have no clue on flowering times either. Things are gonna be interesting for sure!

I am gonna pick up some more wide mouth Mason jars pretty soon and have them ready...

Haha for real I almost went online to order some black myself. Just the names of hashish always get me drooling.

Luckily I can make my own. Just need the right strain to run into Bubble and then I can give it the old Turkish method.

Glad your Bud washing that alone will help evenly saturate the flowers at harvest and slow down dry times. Especially winter harvests.

Low and Slow I can explain to you in fine details if and when you decide to try it. For the fridge I suggest a old one off Kijiji. U can find dozens for free or very cheap. They might not be as energy efficient but they work well and don’t cost much upfront.

I doubt my fridge would hold more then 24-32oz or 1.5-2LB.

I see the downward taco is noticeably better today. The plants look great and will keep impressing you. The show is just beginning!

Just before flower the plant will be so vibrant and ofc mid flower is so beautiful too.

I have about 36 Mason Jars but I hardly use many of them now. I converted over to these big cookie jars I got from The Super Store. They aren’t cheap at $22 a pop but they hold around 4oz and I have 1/4 the amount of glass containers to burp or check on once in these stages. Worth it too me I won’t get any more mason jars for bud. Also hydrometers are expensive and not made well so the less of them I need the better.

6548A990-D96A-4560-A0CB-0801FD6A61A0.jpeg

Oops forgot to mention LTK flowering time is 60-65 days as per HSO but in the Kit it should run easily 70-80 days for you with its Sativa heritage.

Hope that helps when the time comes. Cheers guys dinner is up so gotta run!

Back
Top Bottom