Seedlings 2nd: Black Lime Bubba & OGKBV2.1 Cross

Seedlingmtl

I couldn't wait much longer to get another journal going, so let's do it. My first attempt with Doc Buds High Brix Blend was huge success for me. Super simple process with outstanding results.....high quality flowers and lots of them. Gonna give it another shot again with 1st run soil and some really nice genetics.

This run will be using two tents. Starting out in #1 nursery pots in the 3x3 tent for Veg using a cheap Viparspectra 300w, then moving into #10 pots and vegging for another month before flipping in a new 5x5 using a mix of Mars QB's and an Optic 4 COB.

About the strains....we will be getting into the details and lineage later on hopefully. The BLB is one of the stellar new Bubba Kush crosses and the OGKBV2.1 cross was a freebie from the last IHG half pack drop.

Black Lime Bubba bred by @katsubluebird in the back

OGKBV2.1 x (Slurricane #7 x Gelato 33) bred by Inhouse Genetics up front

20200112_164706.jpg

In this journal we will aslo be exploring different Bonsai methods for keeping a large number of miniature mothers. I have started a bunch of freebie regulars to play with. Three plants each from left to right (in vertical rows):

Grannys Oranges (RMHSC), Grandpas Breath x Fire OG (freak of nature genetics), and Black Lavender (JOTI)
20200112_164717.jpg

Hopefully by the end of this journal I will have a 4x4 shelving unit housing a cut of all 5. Then I will be adding and culling plants in the collection based on variety and pleasure.

That's all for now....
Enjoy

Pulling up a chair. No 2
I will pull up a chair if you don’t mind.
Good to see both new and old faces. Welcome!

Since right now everything is under control and set to cruise control on the garden I am looking at the bonsai method to start out with. The 9 regular plants are all gonna be getting the bonsai treatment as well as a few cuttings from the BLB and OGKBV2.1.

I will be looking at non cannabis related learning materials, but to start out with we have some great resources right here on 420 magazine. I will mostly be following these two resources.

A really detailed explanation of creating cannabis bonsai mothers from oldtimer1

As well as a really great little read on breeading practices using the bonsai method By JoshuaHazen @ MrNice

Enjoy

Great to see you all, and thanks PC
:high-five:

Did some dunking tonight. I started the "free pour" style straight from the jug. Gave each gallon of water a little tea and transplant. Lots of hungry babies to feed. They are all looking great. They were feather light, but not droopy. After the dunks they all showed droop, bit I will check back in an hour and they should all be happy. The Black Lime Bubba is definitely the standout from the start. They look identical in growth and structure, and the biggest in the tent.

About that check in......all perked up. A few of the regulars are huge, and I'm wondering if they will turn out be males.

The group of 9 is in vertical rows. The Grannys Oranges on the left are all vigorous, Grandpas Breath x Fire OG in the middle are similar and healthy and the Black Lavender on the right a little all over the place in structure, but overall healthy. I'm a little surprised I'm not having issue cause my RH is low at 30%. Temps are good and everyone seems happy.

20200114_200823.jpg
20200114_200752.jpg

Why don't you add a small cool mist huey in there? Looks like plenty of room.

:passitleft:
I have a humidifier (cheap old) I could throw in there now.....but I don't feel like dealing with it. I need to get one I don't need to fill as often. I should be ordering one up soon. Right now there seems to be no issue, but if I notice any signs I will get something going. I also have the tent open so I can use my big oscillating fan on them. It's a much nicer gentle breeze than those little tent fans.

I know, it's a pain but most important factor in growing is environment so why not do everything you can to provide the best environment possible.....?

I fill mine daily, both of them....

It would be awesome if there was (and there probably is) a small huey that you could hook to either a waterline (not my water, too much minerals) or a bigger reservoir. Or a big huey that could sit outside the tent but funnel mist in through a port....

I know, it's a pain but most important factor in growing is environment so why not do everything you can to provide the best environment possible.....?

I fill mine daily, both of them....

It would be awesome if there was (and there probably is) a small huey that you could hook to either a waterline (not my water, too much minerals) or a bigger reservoir. Or a big huey that could sit outside the tent but funnel mist in through a port....

I am neglecting right now for "science" I just want to see how this plays out. Growth seems quick enough for now and I am just getting set to move everything around in my living space. I have a new tent coming today hopefully, and everything is getting taken down and built up in a different room. Once I get settled in the new spot I can tune up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom