Seedlings at 2 weeks

6ix19

420 Member
Very confusing run, all plants have been given the same feeding schedule, the same environment. And half seem to be thriving while the other half are looking a little sick. Temp has been 75F to 82F with the RH at 55-65. Running ROI E680 LEDs at 50% 3 ft away from seedlings. Water is RO and at 6.5 PH. Any tips would be greatly appreciated have a good day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum @6ix19 :welcome:
Very confusing run, all plants have been given the same feeding schedule, the same environment. And half seem to be thriving while the other half are looking a little sick. Temp has been 75F to 82F with the RH at 55-65. Running ROI E680 LEDs at 50% 3 ft away from seedlings. Water is RO and at 6.5 PH. Any tips would be greatly appreciated have a good day.
Put the light closer to stop that stretch, and it looks like the little 'sickly' ones don't like what you're feeding them, they look like you fed them too much nutrients, the bright green on the new growth is a dead give away...

...Not all seedlings are going to react the same to what you're doing, even if they're the same strain. :goodluck:

Welcome, you should start a journal with this grow. Your off to a good start. Keep reading up on proper watering, feeding, light distance, seedlings, veg cycle, ect.... I agree with Mocha. Move the lamp down and I'd lay off feeding those damaged ones. Those are in such small pots there's really no need to feed. You'll be up potting soon to new soil. Early feeding can be done but it can be tricky for a new grower.

They look dry to me. Are you supplementing your RO water when you water? I use RO water and have found that using it without any nutes will not provide any benefit due to the process removing all the "contaminates".

RO water is fine. Young plants have a food source so you do not need to fertilize until week 3. The food source are the first leaves called cotyledons.

Young plants need to grow roots thats what the cotyledons are there for. Enough energy so the plants can grow roots. I grow my plants for 2 weeks in peat pellets they do fine and I don't use fertilizer at all.

Back
Top Bottom