Seedlings bend from fan

fatbuds420

i was told to use a fan even on seedlings here. i put a small fan on the lowest setting, not very strong, still enough to bend my seedlings up side down....

i water with a spray bottle, dry the pot weights 77g, how much should i spray? rn i'm spraying when the pot is around 100/110g

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_151033.jpg
    IMG_20200118_151033.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 55
Damping off generally happens at the soil line......not that far up the stem.
I would suggest to the OP to stop spraying the plant.

suggest report back with
media
light
nutes
temp
environment - info

give us an idea of what you are up to, how you are geared up etc... until then it's a bit of a guess

suggest report back with
media
light
nutes
temp
environment - info

give us an idea of what you are up to, how you are geared up etc... until then it's a bit of a guess
150w bluprle
45x45 space
no nutes yet.
soil + perlite
temp around 20c

skunk auto

what type of soil , precharged, pro mix etc ?

at this point it should be an established seedling. it looks wet ( media ) so improper drainage leading to root suffocation may be a factor. if the media is too wet the seedling will not send roots deep either. cannabis like dry feet.

you also probably need nutes soon, or at least should have by now. depends on what is going on with that media.

the light is more than likely lacking. you can sprout under just about anything, a lot of burple led is lacking tho. would have to know more about it. i do my seedlings under a much larger light now.

Looks drenched

And I don't think anyone said put the fan directly blowing on the plant

I never do that, even in flower, it's always bouncing off a wall or ceiling 1st, to just create airflow in the tent, like already mentioned

A good option is plant into clear solo cup, then put that in a colored one
Easy to remove clear, see roots or how wet it is

Mist the dirt, not the seedling. Or pour like two tablespoon of water on it, outside area of the cup

what type of soil , precharged, pro mix etc ?

at this point it should be an established seedling. it looks wet ( media ) so improper drainage leading to root suffocation may be a factor. if the media is too wet the seedling will not send roots deep either. cannabis like dry feet.

you also probably need nutes soon, or at least should have by now. depends on what is going on with that media.

the light is more than likely lacking. you can sprout under just about anything, a lot of burple led is lacking tho. would have to know more about it. i do my seedlings under a much larger light now.
like i said dry weight is around 77g and i water when to like 120g, when it gets down to 100g, i water

drainage is good i'm using 40% perlite

150w is enough for one plant

Looks drenched

And I don't think anyone said put the fan directly blowing on the plant

I never do that, even in flower, it's always bouncing off a wall or ceiling 1st, to just create airflow in the tent, like already mentioned

A good option is plant into clear solo cup, then put that in a colored one
Easy to remove clear, see roots or how wet it is

Mist the dirt, not the seedling. Or pour like two tablespoon of water on it, outside area of the cup
yeah idk i find it rly hard to water seedlings indoors, i started outdoors in final pots and never had issues because of super high temps.

indoors it's harder to get it right...idk.

Again

Don't overthink it

2 tablespoons is plenty

I'll check my seedlings at lights on and before off

Don't over love them... Or you will kill them
ok, but what's the indicator i should be looking for when watering?

i heard weight is a good indicator. if dry it's 77g, should i water to like 120 and then water again at around 77?

i struggle a lot with seedlings, because a big plant will give you signs when it needs water, seedlings just die if something is wrong

Back
Top Bottom