Seedlings curling up and dying

CptGeorge414

420 Member
This is the second time it has happened and I have no clue as to why, they also have a little purple on them out of the four only one has sprouted yet it’s still very small

Brother. I feel for you. To be honest it looks like shit soil. Not enough drainage, wrong consistency, wrong colour (looks like there may be a lot of clay in that dirt)

Brother. I feel for you. To be honest it looks like shit soil. Not enough drainage, wrong consistency, wrong colour (looks like there may be a lot of clay in that dirt)

I honestly think your right, I’m using Scott’s Hydroponex Potting Soil, I just grabbed it from Walmart. Any advice on new soil ? I have 3 seeds left and I really don’t want to mess them up. I also I think I put them in too large of a container too soon. I planted them all in 1 gallon pots versus starting in a solo or cup or something smaller.

I concur....seedlings can pop in something as ordinary as Pro-Mix, since the seed has all the nutrients it needs. If it can't break through the soil, it will rot and die. For soil get, the temp is equally important....75-85F.

:goodluck:

I concur....seedlings can pop in something as ordinary as Pro-Mix, since the seed has all the nutrients it needs. If it can't break through the soil, it will rot and die. For soil get, the temp is equally important....75-85F.

Which soil do you recommend?

I honestly think your right, I’m using Scott’s Hydroponex Potting Soil, I just grabbed it from Walmart. Any advice on new soil ? I have 3 seeds left and I really don’t want to mess them up. I also I think I put them in too large of a container too soon. I planted them all in 1 gallon pots versus starting in a solo or cup or something smaller.
Pot size is irrelevant. I just germed autos in a 10-gallon pot. Get some coir or Pro-Mix. You can, and should, always mix something into bag soil for added aeration and water retention.

Im in the EU and use bio-bizz all mix. I see a lot of people getting good results with fox farm ocean forest a lot of natural goodness mostly fish/crustacean meal and blood. also happy frog which I think has a fair amount of bat guano (could be talking shit on that one but oh well lol)

Which soil do you recommend?
You can use bag soil (Fox Farm/Happy Frog/etc) 2-3 weeks after your seedling popped...mix in some coir, perlite, or pro-mix.

For photo seeds, I soak in water for 12 hours, then into pro-mix with a handful of soil (because I always want to have a little something for the seedlings to snack on in the 2-3 weeks in their starter pot) with a little water to keep the media moist, and them I keep them in a warm place...they will pop in 48-72 hours. Then I spray them with water once (or twice) a day until they get their 3rd set of leaves (10-20 days) ....then I transplant them into a bigger pot.

This is the second time it has happened and I have no clue as to why, they also have a little purple on them out of the four only one has sprouted yet it’s still very small

The last one is grass,:oops:. How do you germinate and is your soil/medium have nutrients in?

So I went out and did some shopping I picked up some organic soil, Miracle-Gro Peat Moss & Miracle-Gro Perlite. I mixed it all up and made my own little soil so hopefully this works. I knew it looked like shit I’m glad I’m not the only one haha and something was telling me the other one was grass but I was just so eager to finally get some bud started lol I was being optimistic.

I’m using crop King seeds and I’m using their germination method. Sit in distilled water for about 18 hours and then on to a paper towel for about 2 days.

So I went out and did some shopping I picked up some organic soil, Miracle-Gro Peat Moss & Miracle-Gro Perlite. I mixed it all up and made my own little soil so hopefully this works. I knew it looked like shit I’m glad I’m not the only one haha and something was telling me the other one was grass but I was just so eager to finally get some bud started lol I was being optimistic.

I’m using crop King seeds and I’m using their germination method. Sit in distilled water for about 18 hours and then on to a paper towel for about 2 days.

I use Biobiz and have never had any issues,so I keep it simple. Check my grow at plant and bud photo`s.

For my first grow I went with FF Ocean soil and out of the 6 i planted, only 4 grew, the other two never popped and one of my plants had what looked to be Nut burn from early age until flowering stage. So im still unsure in situations like yours and mine if the seeds were duds to begin with or the soil.

So I figured out the problem, I wasn't letting my seeds germinate long enough and then when i potted them I wasnt seeing progress and instantly thought something was wrong and would dig them out. So i just got done germinate my last two seeds and the tails on them are nice and long. I potted them a few moments ago.

So I figured out the problem, I wasn't letting my seeds germinate long enough and then when i potted them I wasnt seeing progress and instantly thought something was wrong and would dig them out. So i just got done germinate my last two seeds and the tails on them are nice and long. I potted them a few moments ago.
Listen, a fool proof way to germinate seeds successfully each time is to soak them in water for 12 hours. Then place them in tissue paper,not too wet,and place near a warm spot,such as a radiator or cupboard. In a day or so you will see them split. To continue correctly,you need to then pot them, 3/4 " deep,then place under your grow lamp. keep regular check on them and water when needed.

Listen, a fool proof way to germinate seeds successfully each time is to soak them in water for 12 hours. Then place them in tissue paper,not too wet,and place near a warm spot,such as a radiator or cupboard. In a day or so you will see them split. To continue correctly,you need to then pot them, 3/4 " deep,then place under your grow lamp. keep regular check on them and water when needed.
Thanks for that advice, ill be following that regimen on my next grow.

How long were seeds in pot for? Looks like there's nothing wrong with that seed, except it's been dug out and broken... Once you germinate seed (so you know your planting life), leave it.. pot that size, water it and don't water again for few weeks.. mix some perlite with your soil.. what soil is that? Your Plant will grow itself, your just deciding where...

Back
Top Bottom