Seedlings dead?

BlueberryDreamz

Just started getting their first set of leaves today. i decided to replant them further down in the soil since they were already 5 inches tall....i made it so the first set of leaves is about an inch from the soil...but within an hour of doing so....two of the seedlings just feel over limp? are they dead do you think....any suggestions what to do?

temps a constant 79 degrees...humidity is around 48-50%. using a 600watt HPS, no ferts yet....

Could be a couple of reasons. . . damaged some roots while transplanting. If they had just opened up, I would have waited a couple days. . . they tend to be pretty touchy when their that young. Heat could be an issue, 79 degrees is pretty high without adding co2. . . as I understand it, you can have those kinds of temps when you've got the right enviornment, but typically its too high, get some ventilation. I have not had any experience with HPS, but from what I have seen other growers do is start their seedlings under CFL's prior to putting under something as strong as 600 watts. . . :peace:

little update...all of them are fine now except for one...i' m going to give her one more day before i yank her.

my water is still alittle moist so i'm going to wait alittle bit longer to water

even with ventilation my system was running at 79....should i maybe add one more fan?

79 is fine for seedlings and all the way the the grow really... although a few weeks into flowering it will be helpful get it down a bit more especially at night.

You could have damaged some of the roots during transplant, but if you take care of them I see no reason why they shouldn't recover.

Do you have proper air circulation? The stems could be bending because they are weak from not have a breeze on them to keep the stems strong. Add a fan to gently blow a breeze over your seedlings and they will form more hearty stems. Super Thrive will help prevent what is called "transplant shock".

Also, HPS is very poor for veg. With virtually no blue in it's spectrum it does not encourage proper photosynthesis.

little update...all of them are fine now except for one...i' m going to give her one more day before i yank her.

my water is still alittle moist so i'm going to wait alittle bit longer to water

even with ventilation my system was running at 79....should i maybe add one more fan?

I would, I still think 79 is too high. . . My cab wouldn't do well with the temp at 79. . . 75 is the highest my cab can get before I notice problems. :peace:

Update:

They are all fine now. I think it was transplant shock. I had replanted them deeper into the soil. They are all standing up and growing strong. Temp is around 76 now...seems to be working just fine. Got a metal halide on the way next week....will use the 400 watt MH for veg and the 600 HPS for flowering.

Update:

They are all fine now. I think it was transplant shock. I had replanted them deeper into the soil. They are all standing up and growing strong. Temp is around 76 now...seems to be working just fine. Got a metal halide on the way next week....will use the 400 watt MH for veg and the 600 HPS for flowering.

your lighting choice is a VERY excellent one now.

and so are your temps.

glad it's all working =]

make a grow journal with pics!

Back
Top Bottom