Seedlings dying

winterwhisper

In my first attempt at growing cannabis I am getting seedlings that attain some height on some but whether tall or not the stalk sections seem very thin and they appear to be dying. I've planted mostly regular hemp seeds with one cannabis seed. Water seems to be sufficient as well as light at this young age so what can be causing this?? The light they have is approximately
1 foot away and for about 15 hours a day.

seedlings51.JPG

Could also be compacted soil or soil that is too strong in nutrients. I would pop a new round of seeds.

Could also be compacted soil or soil that is too strong in nutrients. I would pop a new round of seeds.

Well since most of the seeds are just hemp I wouldn't mind but one of them was supposedly white widow and I have no more so I'm try to see if as manay of these survive as I can until it gets big enough I can tell which is which.

Choose your strongest seedlings and re-plant them, buried up to their first leaves in good soil. Put them under a 13-25 watt CFL bulb about 2 inches from the plant.

Winterwhisper: Only because the CFL is so much cooler and he's much less likely to burn the plant. With a CFL the seedling can get as close as 1 inch away. If the seedlings were healthy I wouldn't say CFL but in this case those seedlings need to be in intensive care.

I'm a semi newb also at growing but I definitely know this is from keeping the light too far away from the seedlings. 1 foot is way too far with a CFL, they will stretch like that because they are searching for light and 1 bulb is barely enough for even 1 plant. Some of them can be saved I bet, try burying the stem down in the soil and put the light 2 inches from the plant which is pretty much touching, just adjust it as they grow never letting it touch. I also think if the roots are brownish color it means that they are rotting.

Well as I said since most of these were plain hemp I bit the bullet and lost my one and only white widow seed. I would bet that the problem might have been predominantly overwatering. Will try again with unknown "street" seeds. I did buy some 100 watt and 300 watt cfls yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom