Seedlings issues

well as of lately I've been having problems with my seedlings becoming plants in other words they die . I germinate by leaving them in water for 24-48 hrs or until they pop open exposing the little root i place the seed into soil just a tip of my index finger deep and cover with soil Cautiously not to pack to tight. The plant comes up from the soil all is gud rite! Here is where my problems begin .The seedling either grows or fails. Not sure what is going on at this point . Can anyone offer up some kind of advice that could Guarantee me some kind of help !

Not sure what soil or nutrients youre using bud.
High humidity for them and NOT overwatering the soil at this stage is critical. If you're using solo cups to start them out use red or blue and buy clear solo/plastic and invert the clear cup as Humidity domes on top. Punch some small holes in the clear cups.
When u water them try to use a fine mist spray bottle when they are young.
Hope this helps and good luck bud

Percentage of survival lol i have bought 4packs of 5 seeds and so far have 7 plants have made it to finish i now have 2 other packs of 5 out of which i have 2 possible. I have even diy myself a nursery for my next try if these dont survive. I hve skittles 3out of 5 but they look doomed . I hve 5 blueberry 2 of which hve sprouted. I have them all under full light 2 -315 sunsystems lec grown in 4x4 grow tent foxfarm soil . Will hve pics of plants when light it on so everyone can laugh . My diy nursery pics

Attachments

• 20200801_102559.jpg
    20200801_102559.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200801_102511.jpg
    20200801_102511.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 59
Percentage of survival lol i have bought 4packs of 5 seeds and so far have 7 plants have made it to finish i now have 2 other packs of 5 out of which i have 2 possible. I have even diy myself a nursery for my next try if these dont survive. I hve skittles 3out of 5 but they look doomed . I hve 5 blueberry 2 of which hve sprouted. I have them all under full light 2 -315 sunsystems lec grown in 4x4 grow tent foxfarm soil . Will hve pics of plants when light it on so everyone can laugh . My diy nursery pics
We are all here to help not laugh partner! Hope we can suggest some good pointers here. But my first and best pointers are questions really.
  • What soil are you using?
  • Are you making sure to ph the water you feed the babies?
  • How wet is your soil?
  • Is your humidity in the range of 60-70% ?
  • When germinated how big is your taproot?

Taproot no shit that could be my issue? Cos i was under the impression that the longer the taproot was in the napkin and not in the soil problems could and would arise. My taproots have been slot shorter than previous grows hmmm ?
I would pop the seed and instantly put in the soil no need to grow a long tap. Thats my opinion but i think when you are rooting you should leave in a small container and expand rooting before transplant anyways

I would pop the seed and instantly put in the soil no need to grow a long tap. Thats my opinion but i think when you are rooting you should leave in a small container and expand rooting before transplant anyways
Thats a good idea.
Just a thought- I do things different as the most popular and for sure way is paper towel for germination but i just plant the seed in the soil up to my first knuckle on my index finger. Usually pop out of the soil 3 to 5 days.
Not trying to start you off on bad practices from my laziness but i usually get a pretty good germination rate. Give it a shot.
Good clean water is priceless too.

Back
Top Bottom