Seedlings not growing need advice

strezz

Hi guys, i recently germinated a lot of bag seeds (around 20) using the paper towel method. a lot of them have already sprouted and most of them I have transferred to small pots with regular soil from my garden.

My problem is that their not breaking soil yet. I have had them on lights 24/7 for the last 3 days using a 22w cfl 6500k around 3-4 inches away from them, just to start them off (will add 1-2 lights per plant later on).

The way I do it is I place the cracked seedlings on the soil around 1/4-1/2 inch into it, cover it up with soil them I tap the soil very lightly just to bury it properly then I spray a bit of water on the soil just to create moisture then i put them under the light.

not sure why their not popping out, its not the water since ph doesn't mean much for seedlings (as i have read) and the soil im using is as far as i know very fertile since im growing a lot of vegetables in my garden.

One of my guesses is that its the consistency of my soil, its a bit caurse. should i try using soiless potting soil? I dont have access to perlite and vermiculite. Would it be good to mix some sand into my garden soil to create looseness?

Or my seeds are just really stubborn (took 2-3 for them to germinate) and should give them another couple of days?

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated. :Namaste:

no light needed, till they show leafs.

give them some time, and keep them cool, 80-75f till you see them popping up.Then add the light.

First back the light up to about 6-7 inches off the soil top. If they popped out itll be too close and they will fry.

Second when you put them in the soil was the point of the taproot going down with the cane top facing up?

Thirdly just keep the soil moist. Not wet, just slightly moist. Hopefully you didnt not burry them too deeply.

Back
Top Bottom