Seedlings turned purple

Demyen

I planted these seeds (cali og kush/haze) and 2 days after they sprouted the stems and the leaves on one of them have since turned purple. This is my first grow and it's in coco and i know there isnt any nutrients in coco. And ive heard purple stems can be caused from a phosphorus deficiency. But not this early into a seedlings life? So far all ive done is water with 5.8 ph water about 20 ml a day. Im growing in a 4 x 2 x 5 tent, with a 400 watt led light. The temp is about 19 c at lights off and 24 lights on with 60 % humidity. Is it to cold at lights off or should i not worry about it?

Attachments

• 20180814_182714.jpg
    20180814_182714.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 760
  • 20180814_182654.jpg
    20180814_182654.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 2,557
Keep your nutes very low ec/ppm, but you need to feed with every watering, nutes from day1 I have found for best results and make sure you feed nutes every feed mate and should be all good. Are you using Cal mag? Good luck

I wasnt using cal mag but that last 2 days i decided to add 2.5ml a gallon to it and its seems to be growing faster now and the purple is going away. I was under the impression you don't need nutes for the first 2 weeks because the seed provides for it own? But I can give it a shot I was going to start on day 14 nutes anyway.

Yes the seedlings do have a reserve of there own nutes to start, but because the coco has nothing to give the seedling you can get alot healthier plant by giving the plants very low dosage of nutes from day one.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do buddy but in my experience I found the end results where very different, my motto is try get the roots growing fast as possible and always healthy then the rest will follow in place..
If using ro water then always use Cal mag
If using tap water then I used to add to every other feed until I learnt the signs what they wanted, (depending on your water quality)
Do.you have a grow journal going? I believe from the other guys n gals on here that's the best way for.unlimited advise...
All the best

Yes the seedlings do have a reserve of there own nutes to start, but because the coco has nothing to give the seedling you can get alot healthier plant by giving the plants very low dosage of nutes from day one.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do buddy but in my experience I found the end results where very different, my motto is try get the roots growing fast as possible and always healthy then the rest will follow in place..
If using ro water then always use Cal mag
If using tap water then I used to add to every other feed until I learnt the signs what they wanted, (depending on your water quality)
Do.you have a grow journal going? I believe from the other guys n gals on here that's the best way for.unlimited advise...
All the best

I think that all the advices you gave were very good!I m not an expert but still think you were pertinent! Everyday I see how so many skilled growers are willing to share and take time to help other ones! This is really very beautiful to see! Thank you man for this community!

I'm in here to learn so I appreciate the advice ill definitely give the nutes a go. Felt it should have grown a little faster but this is my first grow so its a learning experience. I also have a journal i write in about everything i do so the grows after will be alot more smooth. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom