Seedlings

Ideally you want about 60w per square foot with the ability to dim it down to 30w/sq/ft that way youre covered from seedling to flower and have a little extra to use as the LEDs slowly get dimmer over the years.

2.5' x 2.5' x 5' is probably going to be a tad small for 4 plants.
You're likely going to end up with a blivet if all 4 plants grow well.
What size tent is good for 4 auto plants in 3 gallon pots. My max limit is 5 plants! I figured my time..make it a good one. I read 50w max per sq ft for auto’s or any plant. I want to then cut at the 3rd node for training. Probably need two lights now.

"How much do you need, for how long" Not my quote, it's very good I think. I'm sure the scales are tipped to personal use, so go from there. I managed to get 2 zips from my smallest, least mature plant. That was after taking smalls and under canopy immature fluffs I didn't get enough light on, my grow was 36ishx60 and really under powered by at least 1000 watts of lighting. I had 7 with 3 doubles together in the same pot. The outside edges did not do well but the center ones and the sides closest to the center of my lights got way bigger than I thought they would. I think you can do 4 and get a good return with what you have now and get at least a couple zips from each one, a little less than half of it top colas. Is that enough?

In tiny pots you can probably manage 4 autos in a 3x3x8. IMO 5' ceiling height would just be a total pain in the ass.

You don't really want all the plants crowded in like French fries, need room for air flow.

I grow 2 plants in a 2.5 x 5 x 9 and they pack it pretty full everytime.
The tallest plant I've had in there was an autoflower that was over 6.5' tall and completely covered a 2.5 x 2.5' space.

You never know WTF an autoflower is going to do, could get all 4 5+ feet tall and turn a 3x3 into a total jungle or all 4 could not ever reach 1 foot and have a little bud the size of your thumb.

But if you want the 4 plants to at least have the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential then you'll need the space for both the roots and the foliage to spread out.
If you have to limit yourself to that size because that's just the biggest space you have to use then you can use tiny pots and do some training and kinda Bonsai them to fit.

I recently grew two autos in my old 2x2 tent and it was still TIGHT in there. Auto's are not to be topped, start bending the top branch early, like week 2.5 - 3. Train tops that want to grow taller than others and she will bush up no problem without cutting anything. Keep em' Green! :volcano-smiley:

Hey fellow growers, here is what is going on with my grow GDP seedlings they are 10 days old and are really long what to do ? My lights are sun systems 315 I have 2 but at present time I’m only using 1 cos of heat I’ve killed 2 grows due to over watering and I believe heat so this time not watering as much . 1 shot class per plant every other day I ph my water I’ve have my ballast turned down to 60% now going to turn it up to full at day 14 . So afraid to kill these so any information we be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 361DDF99-BF8F-413E-8EAF-FB1A51EDC553.jpeg
    361DDF99-BF8F-413E-8EAF-FB1A51EDC553.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • C05AB54F-FA21-4AC4-A33C-ACEE5438E288.jpeg
    C05AB54F-FA21-4AC4-A33C-ACEE5438E288.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
You don't have to turn the light up to 100%, waste of electricity they need maybe 150-200 ppfd at this stage. Just put the light closer. They look healthy just a bit leggy NOT bad at all they will be fine. Do you have a 4" exhaust and a 6" passive intake elbow. Is your house Non airconditioned? The reason I ask is 84 degrees and 20% humidity isn't good. I run between 75-79 degrees(81 only when I'm working in the tent and the passive intake isn't sealed up) consistently when my house is 75-76 and humidity 40-50% most of the time, BUT I'm not the humidity Police and it's never been an issue(35-40% on a bad day, it happens). Simple home setup, and WORKS.

What is the ambient air temperature and do you have exhaust and passive intake. If the tent is open air(tent open), the hot air is going to get trapped in the tent, you might as well not have them in the tent at that point. Lower temps will get the humidity better, then you might want to get a humidifier if it's still 20% which it shouldn't be. For instance, If I'm at 75-77 degrees, I'm about 49% H, if I'm at 81 with the tent open and working in there(which will go down when I close it up fast being sealed up), Humidity is about 38-40%. I live in dry Ca, and 31% h Outside today and earlier the 2x4 was 51% at 77 degrees and now it's 79 and 42%(setup runs 3 degrees above Ambient room temp like clockwork). I hit 12 zips(slightly over I'm dialing it in,i feel like there's room for improvement ) in a 2x4 with Qb's at 280 watts with 2 plants or 3 it doesn't matter(I prefer 2) so in my opinion as long as RH s not excessively bad(20% is rough for younglings), my healthy plants don't skip a beat.

Yes i do hve exhaust and intake but no AC B4 the last couple of days my humidity was around 35-40% i am struggling to get my humidity back up which is why im asking about a desktop humidifier my temp now is 81 lites off humidity is at 35% tent is closed up btw its a 4x4 grow text . Should i turn on intake alos turn up the exhaust?

With No AC, yeah definitely put some moisture in the air, I'm in the Sacramento area myself so we have one more hot day and it's going to cool off(comparatively). We are finally back in the moderate range for Air Quality, horrible FIRE season.

Welcome to the forum @Tigre :welcome:

I made that mistake once, always start your autos in the pot it will finish in. And I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest, but I leave a solo cup size hole in the center for some seedling starter mix, it acts as a buffer, in case your seedling doesn't like the heat from the get go :thumb: you can see what I'm talking about here...

And then in 30 days....

Hey mochaBud...are you out there? We talked back in September about my first grow and how to prepare my soil! The only thing I need to know is how deep do I go with the solo size hole in the middle of my pot for my seedling soil before it hits the hot soil? I have my seeds soaking in purified water and about to place them in paper towel germination method today and hope to plant Monday or Tuesday! Thanks again mochaBud for your advice and I’m excited for my first grow. I might need some advice down the road and how long do you keep the dome on the seedling...about a week or so? Thanks again!

Hey mochaBud...are you out there? We talked back in September about my first grow and how to prepare my soil! The only thing I need to know is how deep do I go with the solo size hole in the middle of my pot for my seedling soil before it hits the hot soil? I have my seeds soaking in purified water and about to place them in paper towel germination method today and hope to plant Monday or Tuesday! Thanks again mochaBud for your advice and I’m excited for my first grow. I might need some advice down the road and how long do you keep the dome on the seedling...about a week or so? Thanks again!
@MochaBud 's around

I just used the solo cup for the depth, and I never put a dome on my seedlings :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom