Seeds after 5 years

WORM903

After a pretty successful start to my medical marijuana career, I made a costly mistake.

I read an article on aggressive pruning 4 months ago & interpreted wrong. Lolipopping the bottoms more & taking nuisance fan leaves from the top. Big mistake.

I harvest on a weekly basis. When I initially harvested the first product of my protypes.. I found seeds… I had 5 weeks(harvests) of seeds, then I had Two harvests without seeds. My 8th-9th harvests seeds were back.
I immediately stopped the extra pruning process ( which I was doing in weeks 2 & 4 of bloom). But the seeds continued.

I have had no experience with the situation before this happened, so I reacted very poorly. Recently I have bleached my walls & floors of my bloom room. I am spraying down my plants with a peroxide+Water combo to try and kill any pollen floating around.

I also cloned in a half ass way. I was only running One strain (GG4) so I cloned from every plant I had. Instead of navigating to the premium genetics & making a mother plant to clone from.

please add any suggestions- also I hope this helps anyone from making the same mistake I did.

take care,
WORM

Are you trying to say that you have seeds because you pruned extensively? I am also curious about the weekly harvest thing, do you mean you have a different plant ready each week?

Are you trying to say that you have seeds because you pruned extensively? I am also curious about the weekly harvest thing, do you mean you have a different plant ready each week?
Yes. I am almost certain that I pruned the plants too hard, which caused them too much stress & hermied. Then after I stopped pruning the hermied plants had already released some pollen onto other plants & caused this chain reaction.

I harvest 2- 3 plants every week.

Ok, so yea, it is entirely possible to cause your plant to hermie and release pollen from stress.

I kind of feel like I should point out tho, that you should have been watching closely for pollen sacs at least from the first time you harvested seeds. So I feel like that is more your mistake than the actual pruning. Not all pruned plants will hermie, but the fact that they can should always be in your mind when you are stressing your plant out on purpose. Pollen sacs can build pretty quick if you aren't paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom