Seeds and their sex

This post is back? I noticed that it has been almost a year since I first posted my thoughts on it. I have not seen any Jackalope is a idiot threads so maybe I was right LMAO.

Not sure what this says I think words are missing?

But as far as my grows are concerned i have only planted 6 reg seeds since last post and out of the six 1 was hermie but rest were all female.

So still continuing to be very lucky.

I have just been given about 30 reg seeds all were sexed by breeder with this method. When planted I will post results.

I would like to say that growing cannabis, for me anyways, is about the end product not how they are started.

If i want to plant a seed and guess at the sex it is just a bit of fun. If they are all female great if half males great if all males great. It really doesn't really have a bearing at all on anything.

Like I said it is all just for fun.

I agree with the mystery part. What plants become is one of my favorite things to watch. The only time problems arise doing it this way is when you need 6 females and get 3.

Sorry guys - but I kind of lost track of things - all my seedlings, accidental and planned, got mixed together - sooooooo... but what I have noticed is that, whatever I have done they all seemed to flower real early and seem to be predominately female. These are all bag seeds and mostly seeds from those plants. Some germinated in the compost bin, some I planned. They all had a rough start - cool at night, sat in a mirrored box on a window sill then got moved to the house when I lost heat in the shop. One morning I had a timer set to turn on four lights built into the box top - at about 5:30 am - with the snow on the ground it lit up the forest like a CSI crime scene!!!! Didn't do that again!!! Too much traffic on the highway even at that time. I don't know if that had any effect. I'll try to keep you updated.

Dark colored seeds are normally more viable but color really has no bearing.

I am in the middle of proving that it is possible to sex seeds ( I have been doing so for the last two years )

My next grow will be pheno hunt at which time will be realeasing my findings and proving this is a possibility. ( about a month away )
Are your findings linked?

I have had success with sexing seed on a very small scale (but still within the realm of a lucky run - 5 for 5) so I'd like to know what happened....

Back
Top Bottom