Seeds and their sex

stoned_seabass

Ok, so im not saying this is true. this is just something ive heard and actually wanna see if it is true....someone told me that you can tell the sex of a seed by its color, that the females are the dark ones and the males are the tan ones, i have no idea if this is a resourceful rumor or not, but hes grown some weed in his time and its come out successful. so just wondering

kk thanks guys

Dark colored seeds are normally more viable but color really has no bearing.

I am in the middle of proving that it is possible to sex seeds ( I have been doing so for the last two years )

My next grow will be pheno hunt at which time will be realeasing my findings and proving this is a possibility. ( about a month away )

I just know I want to be as smart as the people who come up with this crap. Or as smart as the must think they are anyway.

I have been around a few people that act as if they really know about marijuana. Tell they open their mouth anyway. I have had to have blood transfusions from biting my tongue so hard.

Not sure if reading you right Jackalope, but it sounds like you are saying I am talking outta my a**? Well I am not, this was a myth I heard from old timers with generations of experience and plus I have tested and retested and retested results have been 99% female ( it is a visual cue so easy to make error of course )

Plus have now confirmed this with 4 other experienced growers from all over this blue planet.

So if you do not want to believe you are always welcome to your opinion and you can continue to put months of work in, only to realize your growing a male.

I will plant my female sexed seeds and grow medicine.

Happy growing whatever sex it is. :thumb:

It is not rocket science to figure out dark seeds are more viable. At least till you figure in that genetics have a lot to do with the size, shape, and color of seeds. We are not even close to understanding everything about this plant. So I won't be surprised when new info is learned. I want you to know that I am not try to start a war of words here. I am just stating the facts as they are right now.

I am more than happy to wait a month to see your ground breaking discovery. It would be ground breaking. It could totally change how strains are bred if we don't have to do feminized strains. Not knowing what a seed was the reason they came up with all THAT ground breaking information.

It is still easier ways of creating feminized seeds rather than visually inspecting every seed that is produced, which is not viable in mass production.

But for the small grower to sex a few hundred seeds is possible.

And hey I guess maybe I just got real lucky and outta hundreds of seeds only one picked out was male. ( and thats just me others I have spoken to same results ) Just a lot of lucky guesses from multiple people maybe but sounds like a stretch to me.

Do you have a bunch of reg seeds another data set would be great and you could just try it and see for yourself.

I knew I would get a reaction from this but I did think the :420: members were fairly open. But from this initial encounter I don't think I can continue.

Sorry anxiety attack from all this.

Shoulda just kept my trap shut. If you would like to try it Jackalope let me know but I am thinking this may be the last anyone will hear about.

Happy growing all GH out.

I have lots of regular seeds. Tons would be a better word. In the future I might be interested in looking into it. As of now when and if I get a male I like to look at them.

Lots of people forget. If you have say 10 regular seeds of a certain strain. The best seed in the whole bunch might be a male.

I knew I would get a reaction from this but I did think the :420: members were fairly open. But from this initial encounter I don't think I can continue.

Sorry anxiety attack from all this.

Shoulda just kept my trap shut. If you would like to try it Jackalope let me know but I am thinking this may be the last anyone will hear about.

Happy growing all GH out.
Who cares what other people think, you’ve obviously got a major discovery here that will benefit every grower on the planet from now on. Don’t keep it to yourself, just cause a few people can’t handle it. You’ll change the world forever.

:passitleft:

Honestly thia is not my discovery. I have only recreated someone else research in order to understand it myself. If anyone wants to try themselves please message me and I will send you what info I have.

But this was all my fault I shouldn't have started something that my mental health cannot handle ( especially since I am out of medicine and gonna be a rocky copule weeks till harvest ).

My bad.

Just a thought when you buy regular seeds from seedbank say a 5 pack how happy would you be if all were male. They cannot just throw in feminized seeds than they wouldn't be selling you regular seeds. They would be selling you feminized seeds with some males thrown in.

Seedbanks use this method for regular seeds. They know how many females and males they are selling you.

This method has been used since the beginning when hemp was widely used.

From the research I have done it appears to have originated in Central or South America so most likely information passed down since the Mayans. I guess the Mayans as they were a highly advanced agricultural society and they grew cannabis. They also can be attributed to the creation of biochar.

I am well medicated so sorry for previous melt down and please feel free to comment.

So I've been looking into this myself. 2 different things I'm coming across when I go digging for info is that side sprouts and top \ bottom sprouts from.a seedling can tell sex. Also the little divet at the bottom of the seed can give early sex too. While they showed no scientific data proving this from my understanding in certain areas of the world old farmers would use these methods with near perfect results.

Yes same info I have found also this is not ground breaking and doesn't affect anything really only gives a grower an upper hand when trying to grow more efficiently.

I still plant all seeds as I am a very skeptical person and takes a lot of trials to prove to myself. As of right now as far as I have seen this works for me way more often than not, just to be just a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom