Seeds and their sex

A little written text in seed sprouts.
Screenshot_20190816-173928.png

Wow that's an awesome video @HugePeckerhead I had no idea someone else was running this also. Looks like you were real lucky as was I.

I also might add that the seedbanks know this if they didn't you would have a chance of getting all Male seeds when ordering reg. seeds which I am unsure if this has ever happened? Hasn't to me anyways.

And of course the dollar signs with fem seeds. This would be a trade secret most likely.

Wow that's an awesome video @HugePeckerhead I had no idea someone else was running this also. Looks like you were real lucky as was I.

I also might add that the seedbanks know this if they didn't you would have a chance of getting all Male seeds when ordering reg. seeds which I am unsure if this has ever happened? Hasn't to me anyways.

And of course the dollar signs with fem seeds. This would be a trade secret most likely.
I just started poking around on Google and a few other search engines. Im also utilizing a tor browser to find sites that fall below the normal web. Any info I can find I'm just putting it up here as it relates to the experiment. I'm gonna post my start up shortly with details on the grow and what I'm doing. Just literally walked in from the store lol

Meet the first 8 test subjects. They are from an unknown strain created by a friend of mine. More indica dominate. 4 seeds follow the chart posted above as female the other 4 as males. Sorry i dont have a macro lens yet for better pictures. I'm gonna name them M1- M4 and F1-F4. Ill note each location of root sprout location. Seeds dropped into water 8-16 7:37pm. M1-4 in one F1-4 in another. @GHempster im actually gonna start another thread to give full info on and journal it since itll be an ongoing process.
20190816_193703.jpg
20190816_193130.jpg
20190816_193703.jpg

I’m curious as to what you guys will consider a success vs failure. For instance if you plant 30 supposed female seeds and get 20 females and 10 males will you consider it a success or a failure?

:passitleft:

If I stick them right in my flower room after I plant them...would this have any affect on the sex of the plant? Or would it be just considered a micro grow. Remeber my goal really isn't the harvest but more getting to the sex without taking up a a massive footprint.
I don't see how it could... but there is that crowd out there that say the sex of a seed is not genetic, and that environment can somehow override DNA; and I never believed them either.

I don't see how it could... but there is that crowd out there that say the sex of a seed is not genetic, and that environment can somehow override DNA; and I never believed them either.
I've poked at the idea and I think I may have posted here or my thread that shows what environment influence females and males. I'm actually trying to learn the genetics now of the x and y chromosomes and how they would relate to breeding.

Yes definitely people occasionally get all males from reg seed orders. I’ve never heard of any seedbanks using this sexing method.
A few years back a bunch of people on the forum tried this theory out. Didn’t seem like much came of it and from what I read of their experiences it didn’t seem worth bothering with. I seem to remember @conradino23 as one of the ones trying it but could be wrong.
Hope it works out for you. :passitleft:

Yes definitely people occasionally get all males from reg seed orders. I’ve never heard of any seedbanks using this method.
A few years back a bunch of people on the forum tried this theory out. Didn’t seem like much came of it and from what I read of their experiences it didn’t seem worth bothering with. I seem to remember @Conradino as one of the ones trying it but could be wrong.
Hope it work out for you. :passitleft:
Thanks. I got 8 started and a journal going in my signature if you'd like to follow along. I also started a plant near a month ago using this method. I didn't journal that one. Just something I did on my own until I came.across this thread

Back
Top Bottom