Seeds are not growing after germination. Need help!

Marvin13

Hello, i have germinated 2 seeds using the paper tower method without any issues. Then i put them in jiffy plugs with the thing pointing down and i squished them lightly so the hole closes. The jiffy plugs are put into plastic cups with holes and i am bottom feeding them with arround 5,3-6,3 ph water. I did put some nutes once but a really small amount.

I've put them under a 125 watt cfl, temps are 25-28 Celsius and arround 50% himidity.
Seeds are Northen Lights feminized.

I've putted them in the cups 8 days ago and still no sign of roots or anything breaking the surface.

Did i do something wrong ? Or does it take more time for the plant to break the surface?

Please help me if you can because i have only 3 seeds left and if i fail with all of them despite the cost it will take ages to get more...

Thanks in advance for your help/advice :)

I put the seed in a very small soil pot after the seed pops in a cup of water(paper towel way works great also). Then let it grow with no nutes just water for 2 week then transfer into your hydro, or biggger pot if that's what your doing.

I put the seed in a very small soil pot after the seed pops in a cup of water(paper towel way works great also). Then let it grow with no nutes just water for 2 week then transfer into your hydro, or biggger pot if that's what your doing.

Make sure that your water that you use to water the plant with is PH balanced correctly. I like 6.4 for 99% of my strains. It has been good to me over the years. However, their are guys who use different PH settings with good results as well. Good luck with it and remember with a good PH 99% of your other problems will disappear.

Soak the beans 24 hours in distilled water in a dark cupboard or until the seed sinks. Do not soak more than 24 hours. It softens up the shell making it easier to germinate. Pick up the seed with tweezers (don't touch the tap root) & place the seed, (tap root down) 3/4 of an inch into the moistened soil inside the dixie cup (no Miracle grow). Take a plastic sandwich bag and mist it with water and wrap the plastic bag around the top of the dixie cup with a rubber band. Place the dixie cup under a CFL and the seed will pop within 24-48 hours. Once the seed pops, you can take off the plastic bag and watch you little baby grow!

Ok update. I've germinated new seeds and i;ve put them into cups. They broke the jiffy plug's surface yesterday and now i can see 2 small leaves (about 2 cm tall each seedling) . Although they dont seem really healthy. I the leaves are yellowish and and you know they seem a bit depressed.

The mistake i made in the first time was overwatering. Now i am being extra carefull. After the first good soak of the jiffy plug i;ve given then only a few mls to remoisture them and i am keeping them in plastic bags. Should i removed the plastic bag now ?

Thanks everyone for your replies! :)

yeah after the initial soak you may find no need to water at all for a surprisingly long time! be very careful not to overwater and stick to the classic motto "if in doubt don't"!!!

best of luck n hope all goes well!!!!

Hmm it seems now i have another issue. Plants are about 2,5 cm tall but i think i killed em again :/ i bottom fed them 17-18 hours ago although the plugs where completely dried out when i checked again... i had this issue before and i dont know what to do... the fans are giving a nice air flow plus the heat from the cfl is causing the water to evaporate really fast :/

Any ideas on what i should do ? maybe put plastic bags or bottles with holes so they can still get air but not lose their water so fast?

I am a dirt man and all I can say is get your watering cycle automated my man and you will be rejoicing in the delicacies of the herbal world in 90-115 days. Hydro is a mysterious and picky she beast. Give her the attention she desires and you will be rewarded substantially. Do not spend some time with her regularly and she will bite you with a vengeance. I do it the old fashioned way. I like the way it tastes and it is way more forgiving. Good luck man but get it automated and have a back up system but don't give up. the learning curve is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom