Seeds from feminized plants

salkenn

I took Genetics 40 years ago and it's tough to call it back.....
I've grown Black Indica for two years--successfully, outside. One of my plants this year had a few seeds, and I've grown hermaphrodites before (not from CK seeds) and it did not look like one. Are these seeds viable? I know people will ask about nearby plants, and there are none that I'm aware of--cattle pasture on three sides of the property, and we have walking access, so I'm going to say--no . My husband wants to try them out, but in our state, more than 3 plants is a felony and I'm not sure I want to risk it because I have to wait until August before id-ing the males. I will continue to purchase the feminized seeds (how do they do that?) but I'd just like to know.
FYI--one of my plants had bud that when smoked was pretty couchy. I'm sending it to my brother as medical marijuana because he had surgery and is taking the month off, and I think this stuff will be perfect for him. The other two plants had a more energetic high.
So whaddya think?

There is no way to tell other then to germinate them. Pollen can travel many miles, a hermi may just have one pollen sack, it is impossible to know where these seeds have come from if you are growing outdoors.

Feminised seed is produced by spraying colloidal silver onto a female plant and forcing it to produce pollen sacks, and then using this pollen to produce seed.

Pollen can travel many miles, a hermi may just have one pollen sack, it is impossible to know where these seeds have come from if you are growing outdoors.

No idea if verified with science and all that, just heard at the Hydro Store here in town that there was a major issue with some folks outside plants getting pollinated from Hemp this year, as there was a new Hemp Farm in the County. But yeah you would be amazed how far that pollen can go in the wild (via wind/insects/birds/animals maybe even Aliens ;) :rofl: ). So unless you found a pollen sac on it as in a Hermie it could be crossed with who knows what.

There was a rumour going around my local Cannabis Club that the police were spraying industrial hemp pollen after a few people got seeded. Never did follow up to see what became of the seed though.

Back
Top Bottom