Seeds in cup of water question

88WW

my white widows from crop king seeds are coming up to 22 hours in the water glass of bottles spring water.

5/5 stay floating when first dropped in

2/5 seeds pushed to the bottom after 2 hours total
the 3rd pushed down at 3 hours total
remaining 2 pushed down at 5 hours total.

22 hours total only 1 seed has cracked open slightly.

3/5 looked bigger then the other 2

if i leave it another 2 hours or longer will the one that cracked open drown?

should I just pour it out onto my paper towel now or wait another 2 hours for a total of 24 hours?

Paper towel now. Can't do any harm that way. Just germinated 4 seeds myself that method, and went with 14 hours in water, then paper towel. Germinated great.

With paper towel, make sure it's in a bag or something, but leave it open. Paper towel sitting out by its self will dry sooooo fast. Also, careful not to completely drown them with water in paper towel, just moist :)

Here are mine the minute before I planted in my soilless mix :)

Screenshot_2019-06-30-21-36-22.pngScreenshot_2019-06-30-21-36-50.png

Paper towel now. Can't do any harm that way. Just germinated 4 seeds myself that method, and went with 14 hours in water, then paper towel. Germinated great.

With paper towel, make sure it's in a bag or something, but leave it open. Paper towel sitting out by its self will dry sooooo fast. Also, careful not to completely drown them with water in paper towel, just moist :)

thanks for replying.

I have a nano clone dome and a heat mat and a zip lock bag, is it ok to use that over the zip lock bag?

thanks for replying.

I have a nano clone dome and a heat mat and a zip lock bag, is it ok to use that over the zip lock bag?
Just don't let the seeds get too hot or dry out. I always wait for the tap room to get 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch long and then I plant it in soil.

There is my journal which just started.. only a couple weeks ahead of ya in the starting process. Could help if you need any.. Getting pretty good at the seedling stage :) Done it so many times.. Just stop following when I get to adding nutrients during vegging! Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom