Seeds in H2O: germination

safeman

how long does it take to soak seeds till they sprout ? 24-48 hr.s - now at 24hrs just starting to see the tap root seed is starting to "crack" (I have planted seed like this with no germination) need to get a longer tap root " (in water or switch to a paper towel soak ?) have lost 8 seeds starting to question my self never. never have I done this before maybe cool cool air is hitting them some how ??????? don't know what the @#$% to do ?? maybe star with the paper towel method of sprout seeds or just plant directly in soil ----isn't there Garblaic acid )misspelled) that helps in germination have heard that some use "superthrive", ect HELP the cost of 8 seeds (bankrupted)

I soak in a shot glass for twenty four hours, then do the paper towel thing till it has a tail half an inch long, then in the dirt. My only qualifications are I lived on a farm and once owned a pet goat.

use a 12by12 led panel - 33 wattes at 3 inches ( top of led to soil) have used a 100watt spiral cfl ( self ballast)

I soak in a shot glass for twenty four hours, then do the paper towel thing till it has a tail half an inch long, then in the dirt. My only qualifications are I lived on a farm and once owned a pet goat.
live on river with 2 cats and a redtailhawk ( I fly birds of prey - falconry )

how long does it take to soak seeds till they sprout ? 24-48 hr.s - now at 24hrs just starting to see the tap root seed is starting to "crack" (I have planted seed like this with no germination) need to get a longer tap root " (in water or switch to a paper towel soak ?) have lost 8 seeds starting to question my self never. never have I done this before maybe cool cool air is hitting them some how ??????? don't know what the @#$% to do ?? maybe star with the paper towel method of sprout seeds or just plant directly in soil ----isn't there Garblaic acid )misspelled) that helps in germination have heard that some use "superthrive", ect HELP the cost of 8 seeds (bankrupted)
I chuck em in a glass till they crack then plant them. I don't leave them in the water when they crack as the tap root wont grow because it only grows searching for water. can take up to 72 hours sometimes for them to crack.

I use jiffy pellets on a plate covered with a clear dome, on a source of warmth. Currently I use a seedling heat mat with a folded towel on it to keep it warm without cooking the seeds, but I once used a tv cable box. Take the dome off when the seeds have broken the surface and move to your starting pot, or solo cup.
The only reason I would leave a seedling under the dome would be if the shell or membrane is stuck to it. The humidity under the dome should keep it soft enough for the seedling to break free.

Edited for punctuation, lol.

Back
Top Bottom