Seeds - Is It Possible To Influence The Sex?

Mr Spliff

I've read here and there that it could be possible to influence the sex of a seed by various early germinating/growing methods, does anyone know if this is scientifically proven, or is the sex already decided during formation and it is just wishful thinking by growers?

If indeed it is true, what methods can we adopt to increase the chances of getting more girls?

Any thought's appreciated. :smokin:

(sorry if the subject has been covered recently).

Seems to me sex can be manipulated just before flowering with High N.

As for seed, Oh hell yeah, lots of ways Tried and True.
I prefer stress hermie pollen.

The stress hermie pollen method.... is that not to feminise a plant?
I know that it's possible to 'treat' a female plant so that it produces all female seeds, (feminised), but was dubious when i read that you could actually manipulate already grown non-feminised seeds so that they turn out to be girls too.
I'd be interested to hear how this is done?

I can't say as i've heard of the high N just before flowering method either...as they say, you live and learn!
:smokin:

The stress hermie pollen method.... is that not to feminise a plant?

Nope, to feminise the seed.
You use the pollen from the hermie
to pollinate a non-hermie female, who then produces female seed.
I've used this method many times and it works.

the high N just before flowering method either
Seen it raise female to male ratios
way above the norml 50/50 to 80/20 and better.

Nope, to feminise the seed.
You use the pollen from the hermie
to pollinate a non-hermie female, who then produces female seed.
I've used this method many times and it works.

Seen it raise female to male ratios
way above the norml 50/50 to 80/20 and better.

Oh i see, yes i've produced feminised seeds in the past using a hermie, with good results.
What i meant in my initial post was, how do you treat a non-feminised seed so that it grows into a female plant. I already have a batch of non-feminised seeds which i'm hoping to 'treat' so that the female ratio is far greater, I have read that it could be possible to do this, but unfortunately i am yet to find out exactly how it is done.

Thanks for the high N tip...i will experiment with this!
:smokin:

If you ask me, no theres no way to ensure a plant turns female. The genetic make-up and traits are already in the seed. Before you plant it, it already knows its either male or female. But hey, thats just me.

Im very well read up on this subject. I know how to manipulate the light cycle to ensure a female. I know about the high N during veg and right before flowering.

However I still believe the only way you can expect to get nothing but females is from feminized seed and by taking clones.

I don't like the idea of germing my seeds in poison. I heard some people talk about using salt water and that sounds a lil safer. I would also like to know ways to increase female results from bagseed.

Back
Top Bottom