Seeds not sinking

NonGMO

Hello guys 2nd ever forum post here on 420Magazine, this is my first time growing and experimenting with growing but I took honors Biology and Agriculture so I know a little around here. But I'm having some troubles with getting my seeds to sink. Yesterday I started the germination process with only 1 seed. I used purified water because I had to get my sink fixed *its fixed now*. I also added a little bit of Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) and I left the seeds to soak in water for at least 24 hours and when I got back home from work the seeds still have not sunk to the bottom yet. I've tried pushing them down and stuff but it's not really helping ** I put the seed into some warm clean tap water now** I'm creating this post as of 25-27 hours into the germination process and still nothing, so if anyone can let me know if this is normal or I have a bad seed please let me know, I'm always willing to learn and open to feedback. Thanks guys & gals :)

Hello guys 2nd ever forum post here on 420Magazine, this is my first time growing and experimenting with growing but I took honors Biology and Agriculture so I know a little around here. But I'm having some troubles with getting my seeds to sink. Yesterday I started the germination process with only 1 seed. I used purified water because I had to get my sink fixed *its fixed now*. I also added a little bit of Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) and I left the seeds to soak in water for at least 24 hours and when I got back home from work the seeds still have not sunk to the bottom yet. I've tried pushing them down and stuff but it's not really helping ** I put the seed into some warm clean tap water now** I'm creating this post as of 25-27 hours into the germination process and still nothing, so if anyone can let me know if this is normal or I have a bad seed please let me know, I'm always willing to learn and open to feedback. Thanks guys & gals :)

if its been that long , i would move them on to the paper towel sir.

Hi NonGMO,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and more importantly, the community of members.

You don't mention temperature in your post. I see the "warm clean tap water" part, but warm water is going to cool if in a cooler environment. Are you sure the water and seed is warm enough? I'm sure there is "ideal temperature" info out there, but I'm afraid I don't know for sure. I know I was struggling to consistantly get seeds to germinate untill I got a heat mat. You may just need to find a location where whatever contains the seed (cup of water/ paper towel) can maintain something in the low 70's at least.

Be well and happy growing!

It was just the seeds, I put in a new seed and it sunk just fine thanks for the information and I'll try out that heat mat too :)

Back
Top Bottom