Seeds not sprouting!

Bigboy21

420 Member
Gday guys! First time posting here, but long time follower!

I havnt grown in a few years and got a little mixed up!

I have strawberry kush seeds, germinated in water, all 4 cracked open. I moved them into soil (seed mix) and put them in a dome!

5 days on, no movement at all, dug to the seed and the maint root is no bigger? I did the transition as smooth as possible however i feel the heat / humidity got to it!

They had only been in the dome for 4 days total, can they come back from this?

Cheers guys! Happy growing

Gday guys! First time posting here, but long time follower!

I havnt grown in a few years and got a little mixed up!

I have strawberry kush seeds, germinated in water, all 4 cracked open. I moved them into soil (seed mix) and put them in a dome!

5 days on, no movement at all, dug to the seed and the maint root is no bigger? I did the transition as smooth as possible however i feel the heat / humidity got to it!

They had only been in the dome for 4 days total, can they come back from this?

Cheers guys! Happy growing
Hey big boy

I wouldn't recommend a dome for seedlings. I'm growing the strawberry kush now 100% grow rate. minus the fact I may have accidently killed one. I would mist the soil 2 times a day. Like 2 or 3 sprays. What light is it under? Just be sure your hand DOSENT feel hot under it. They like a little heat for sprouting 75 to 80 of say. Idk what Celsius that is sorry if yoiur metric

I have grown this strain before with no worries but i got seeds mixed up with clones!

They all started fine but now no movement has me worried. They are not under light, i tend to sprout on my verandah then move them under light once sprouted! Inside the dome got upto around 80/85

Could this kill them or am i just being impatient?

You need three things to germinate. Warmth, moisture and air. It's possible you cooked them with the heat and suffocated their air supply. It happens brother, don't fret. I would germinate them as you did and put them in soil under light. No dome. The light will keep them warm, just give em a mist like TMD said and hopefully you'll have better luck.

You need three things to germinate. Warmth, moisture and air. It’s possible you cooked them with the heat and suffocated their air supply. It happens brother, don’t fret. I would germinate them as you did and put them in soil under light. No dome. The light will keep them warm, just give em a mist like TMD said and hopefully you’ll have better luck.

Thanks for your reply! So would i be best to chuck these ones out or just wait a little longer?

I have grown this strain before with no worries but i got seeds mixed up with clones!

They all started fine but now no movement has me worried. They are not under light, i tend to sprout on my verandah then move them under light once sprouted! Inside the dome got upto around 80/85

Could this kill them or am i just being impatient?
Probably impatience. Hang in there . And put a light over them! Or I would anyways. It will offer them warmth and encourage sprouting

Back
Top Bottom