Seeds

lol isnt the point of the male to throw it out there?not an expert but as new buds form they are sticky waiting for that said stuff:) so imy mind :silly as it maybe: the new goo could also play apart. aint no breeder tho at least not on purpose:Namaste:

Hey don't get me lying, I did say I am not a breeder..lol..I was just trying to think logically.

So could you put a female that has been pollinated by a male and a hermaphrodite in the same room without them hurting eachother in any way??? Or do even they have to be in different rooms?

ok firstly you need to understand that as a plant, the reproductive system is pretty unlike any animal. Each cola needs to be considered a seperate 'womb' and by accident or on purpose its possible for one cola to be pollinated and the others to be receptive.

so lets say a female has one branch that turns hermie and that male branch drops pollen on the female branch beneath it, that will produce the expected hermified female seeds of the same gene code.
lets say you then add a seperate male into the room and it managed to drop pollen on a completely different female branch, that branch will form totally different non hermie seeds that are considered a standard cross polination of that male strain and the female (pre/non hermie) strain as expected.

that is how i rationalise it.
bear in mind that this is what i consider very little knowledge and a lot of logical thinking.

i hope a pro can refute or confirm this as im not talking from experience, but estimation.

This is all interesting to a newbie like me.
So, if I have a male plant in with my female plants and the females get pollinated and go to seed, does that mean I don't get any good stuff to smoke?
In other words, why is it bad for your females to get pollinated?
I would think getting free seeds from you plants would be preferable to spending all that $$ on new seeds.

Back
Top Bottom