Seeds

evanescence

Is there a way to tell if a plant will be male or female by the appearance of the seed? My dad told me he can tell the difference the majority of the time.

I have heard it before and believed it for a period of time by biologically, there is no sexual trait shown in the seed. Ive been told that males will have a notch at the top to the seed and females will have somewhat of a bevel in. I've never seen it proved. Many argue its not possible. I tend to agree.

I didn't think so either. When and how is the sex of the plant determined?

Once the 12/12 flowering lighting cycle goes into effect, it will only be a few weeks before you see the begining of sexual organs. White hairs(pistils) for girls and balls for guys. Plants will also eventually show sex if grown in veg long enough, apparently. I havent witnessed it but I have been told. My girl just showed sex yesterday. White pistils along with the fresh new groth on the top tiers.

Heh. Ive had 5 girls and no boys. Am I feminine or something? I guess i have more of a pink hand then a green one...

Experience breeds a certain level of intuition, guesses get more accurate but they are still just guesses. There is no way to tell a potential male from a potential female just by looking at the seed.

Could anyone recommend a good strain? I want to start growing in a few months, once I get settled in my new place. I want to treat myself for depression and anxiety, and I read that certain strains are better than others for that. Also, I'm curious, as a beginner, how many plants I should start with and approximately how much of an investment I'll need to make as far as the cost. I'm poor so it has to be reasonable-not over a few hundred dollars!

Sounds like CFLs and Northern Lights (or strains crossed with NL) is a good place to start. :peace:

Sounds like CFLs and Northern Lights (or strains crossed with NL) is a good place to start. :peace:

Thanks. Do you know where I could buy those strains. I'm a little worried about buying seeds online for security reasons. I'm even worried about being a member here for the same reason. I guess I'm paranoid, but my Ip address is shown to every site I visit, and I don't know how many people have access to it. The same applies to any place online, such as places that distribute seeds and other related products.
:peace:

That I cannot help you with. As a very clandestine person myself I have never been comfortable ordering seeds no matter how many people tell me it is safe to do so. That decision is up to you.

I have always grown from either bagseed or from seed I can get locally from friends. Bagseed is also a very good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom