Seedsman Comparison Grow: CPK & Dr. Seedsman

Didn't see u on the list, 1st or 2nd

Did I miss something

:hmmmm:
Don't think I was on any public list either but I did get the message my seeds are on the way! I'm pretty stoked having never before been in a comparative grow.

Details:
-I'll be growing in promix hp with megacrop nutes.
-Can't decide fabric pot size, 1, 3 or 5 depending on real estate.
-Gonna pop as soon as they arrive
-probably only one seed to start, the Critical Purple Kush
-1xDrCBD in January.
-I plan on doing no training, I like to see how a plant grows out to get a feel for it before getting into serious bondage with her sister in January.
-flipping mid Dec.

This is really going to be a lot of fun seeing how you all grow and the different results we're going to get. :peace: :love::hookah:

Welp....maybe in the mail tomorrow. People will be harvesting before mine even arrive. :rofl:

Meh @Smeegol got his literally half way through flower for most folks last time. Darn South African post.

plan on doing no training, I like to see how a plant grows out to get a feel for it before getting into serious bondage with her sister in January.

I still find it comical that folks think you can judge a strain by a single plant. Every batch of seeds I've run there's always a couple different plants in there and sometimes they smoke completely different. My fruit punch by heavyweight seeds, prime example. Only one of them makes the big colas and grows huge, and only one tastes fruity but has smaller nugs. The other three were similar to each other but nothing like those two. No fruit taste, normal sized with normal sized nugs. Three display nice autumnal coloring the others stay green. There are so many possible variations from these multi parent crosses it boggles the mind. I mean CSI Humboldt uses multiple 4x4 beds with 36 plants a piece for selecting keepers. Haha

Meh @Smeegol got his literally half way through flower for most folks last time. Darn South African post.

I still find it comical that folks think you can judge a strain by a single plant. Every batch of seeds I've run there's always a couple different plants in there and sometimes they smoke completely different. My fruit punch by heavyweight seeds, prime example. Only one of them makes the big colas and grows huge, and only one tastes fruity but has smaller nugs. The other three were similar to each other but nothing like those two. No fruit taste, normal sized with normal sized nugs. Three display nice autumnal coloring the others stay green. There are so many possible variations from these multi parent crosses it boggles the mind. I mean CSI Humboldt uses multiple 4x4 beds with 36 plants a piece for selecting keepers. Haha

Exactly

Why I try a few of a strain to see if I like it, if so, I'll hunt for one I like,breed/seed it, then do more testing

Testing the strain the 1st time is half the fun

I have 8 strains starting now, and only two are repeats

Fun fun fun

Yeah man I had to go with it I’m also goin to make some seeds cuz I want to keep it for ever in my stash what I also herd like from everyone that it’s super strong

F73B174E-88E1-4C1D-B1F1-E59715C1D7B2.png
This is the one I went with

I still find it comical that folks think you can judge a strain by a single plant. Every batch of seeds I've run there's always a couple different plants in there and sometimes they smoke completely different. ... There are so many possible variations from these multi parent crosses it boggles the mind. I mean CSI Humboldt uses multiple 4x4 beds with 36 plants a piece for selecting keepers. Haha

Very good points! I giggle at myself most of the time as well, Mrs.B thanks I'm quite comical too, but I'm not exactly sure what she means by that. You are right of course, a pheno can be sativa leaning in one plant and totally indica in another. But I do like growing out a new strain to see what it looks like, branching, height of branching etc., most of the time it is quite informative. With autos the yields really can be quite reasonable just letting it grow out under the right conditions. My Ak-48 is one of those freak AK-48 phenos that grows 40" untrained and can produce 30 decent colas, most only grow about 24".

Back
Top Bottom