Seedsman Comparison Grow: CPK & Dr. Seedsman

hello @DrCannaCanadian!

I'm already thinking about the next comparison grow and @Preston9mm as usual gave me some good input....

I'd love to see a comparison with Somango & Blueberry!

What do you think!?

I will start this during Easter so stay tuned!

Description
Somango
is a 75% indica marijuana strain but one which grows with a typically sativa-like structure. Its buds, however, bear all the hallmarks of its predominantly indica heritage in that they are fat and dense and almost dripping with resin to the extent that they display a whitish-blue sheen. It was created by crossing Super Skunk, Big Skunk Korean and Jack Herer. The sativa side finds its expression in the height of the plant and also it multi-branched pattern.
Somango adapts very well to being trained (Screen of Green) although careful height and branching control can bring its own rewards in a Sea of Green set-up. The indica side is responsible for the fast onset of the high although it is not at all couch-lock in effect but rather motivational and pleasantly euphoric. Although not the biggest yielding plant it can yield up to 600 gr/m2 in 9 weeks of flowering in optimum conditions. It has an attractive aroma of ripe mangoes and pine resin.
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
GENETICSSuper Skunk x Big Skunk x Jack Herer
VARIETYMostly Sativa
FLOWERING TYPEPhotoperiod
SEXFeminised
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHT120 cm
GROWSGreenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME9 weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
TASTE / FLAVOURFruity

Description
Blueberry
was originally created by Canadian DJ Short and dates back to the 1970s. It is a 3-way indica-dominant hybrid cross of an Afghani strain together with Thai and a Purple Thai. When grown in good conditions it can grow into a fairly large plant displaying a range of red, purple and blue colours and producing very good yields.
Unsurprisingly when fully-cured Blueberry has an incredibly fruity perfume along with the unmistakable sweet flavour of blueberry. The effect is a pot smokers dream - a very potent yet happy high which is very euphoric yet relaxing and enduring. Another quality of Blueberry is that, although taking a while to cure out, when correctly prepared and packaged it has a very long shelf-life compared with many strains available today.
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
GENETICSBlueberry
VARIETYMostly Indica
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENT19.5
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHTup to 225 cm
FLOWERING TIME8-9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
TASTE / FLAVOURBerry, Blueberry
EFFECTLong-lasting
Oh! Oh! Oh!
:ciao:
Pick me!
I would looove to participate in that. The CPK and DrS have been nothing but a pleasure to grow.
The mango terps do great for pain relief too.

hello @DrCannaCanadian!

I'm already thinking about the next comparision grow and @Preston9mm as usual gave me some good input....

I'd love to see a comparision with Somango & Blueberry!

What do you think!?

Description
Somango
is a 75% indica marijuana strain but one which grows with a typically sativa-like structure. Its buds, however, bear all the hallmarks of its predominantly indica heritage in that they are fat and dense and almost dripping with resin to the extent that they display a whitish-blue sheen. It was created by crossing Super Skunk, Big Skunk Korean and Jack Herer. The sativa side finds its expression in the height of the plant and also it multi-branched pattern.
Somango adapts very well to being trained (Screen of Green) although careful height and branching control can bring its own rewards in a Sea of Green set-up. The indica side is responsible for the fast onset of the high although it is not at all couch-lock in effect but rather motivational and pleasantly euphoric. Although not the biggest yielding plant it can yield up to 600 gr/m2 in 9 weeks of flowering in optimum conditions. It has an attractive aroma of ripe mangoes and pine resin.
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
VARIETYMostly Sativa
SEXFeminised
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHT120 cm
FLOWERING TIME9 weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
TASTE / FLAVOURFruity

Description
Blueberry
was originally created by Canadian DJ Short and dates back to the 1970s. It is a 3-way indica-dominant hybrid cross of an Afghani strain together with Thai and a Purple Thai. When grown in good conditions it can grow into a fairly large plant displaying a range of red, purple and blue colours and producing very good yields.
Unsurprisingly when fully-cured Blueberry has an incredibly fruity perfume along with the unmistakable sweet flavour of blueberry. The effect is a pot smokers dream - a very potent yet happy high which is very euphoric yet relaxing and enduring. Another quality of Blueberry is that, although taking a while to cure out, when correctly prepared and packaged it has a very long shelf-life compared with many strains available today.
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
GENETICSBlueberry
VARIETYMostly Indica
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENT19.5
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHTup to 225 cm
FLOWERING TIME8-9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
EFFECTLong-lasting
I would Love to get in on a grow. If you need someone for the upcoming grow Please consider me. I have bought Lots of seeds from Seedsman and I have nothing but good things to say about Seedsman

CPK
6A7C0A75-2C0E-4152-BE91-385857011625.jpeg

The Dr.
E37DE3F1-E17B-4962-B7F4-9F94412DFF91.jpeg

hello @DrCannaCanadian!

I'm already thinking about the next comparision grow and @Preston9mm as usual gave me some good input....

What do you think!?

Description
Somango
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
VARIETYMostly Sativa
SEXFeminised
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHT120 cm
FLOWERING TIME9 weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
TASTE / FLAVOURFruity

Description
Blueberry
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
GENETICSBlueberry
VARIETYMostly Indica
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENT19.5
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHTup to 225 cm
FLOWERING TIME8-9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
EFFECTLong-lasting

Hey @SeedsMan ,

This is a very interesting lineup!

The first time we saw reference to 'Somango' was when @Preston9mm featured it in his grow. Right away, we were taken by the name, the bag appeal, the smokability and the promise of how we could harness the Mango terpenes (herbal Myrcene) in our edibles.

Moreover, there really are not a lot of Mango strains out there - so, this makes it quite an interesting and unique choice.

We did a bit more research, and found that one of the parents of 'Somango' is 'Jack Herer'!!! Done, sold - this goes on our to-grow list for sure!

That is, just look at the Terpene profile for 'Jack Herer', and all that fruity Terpinlolene:

JackHererTerpenes.png

Overall, we are expecting 'Somango' to uplifting due to the terpinolene, but a comfortable high because of the compliment of the myrcene!

So, 'Somango' - An Excellent Unique Choice

If you're new to terpenes - here's a quick high-level view of something we use a guide:

05.jpg

Colors represent terpenes, which make up the flavors and smells of cannabis, including sweet, citrus, skunky, or diesel scents. Terpenes are oils secreted by trichomes, the sticky glands on cannabis plants. Other plants and fruits also produce terpenes.

Terpenes help give each strain its distinct personality and may also influence the effects of cannabis through something known as the “entourage effect".

We remember hearing about 'Blueberry' a while back, and as much appeal as it has, it is already a classic. That is, it needs no further introduction and feels common in among all the other Berry strains out there now - like the ever famous 'Blue Dream'.

We are sure it would make a great addition to the edibles market, and would definitely smoke well too. It will most likely have a very sedative and calming effect which makes for a perfect night-time med.

It's most certainly liked by many people because of it's terpene profile:

BlueberryTerpenes.png

Overall, a nice choice - but it just doesn't scream 'pick me' to us.

So, 'Blueberry' - A Nice Solid Choice :love:

If you go with 'Somango' and 'Blueberry', you have both:

fruity​
feminized​
photoperiods​
9 weeks​
high yield​
high THC​
low CBD​
tall​

They should grow well side-by-side.

In your last comparative grow, we liked how there was a high THC and a high CBD strain.

So how about mixing it up a bit for this comparative grow as well?

We were thinking --- why not add an Autoflower in place of the 'Blueberry'.

In the past, I was not really taken in by the Autoflower propaganda because I figured they were low quality and too difficult to grow.

However, it appears some of the Seedsman Autoflower strains have some pretty good genetics now - and we think it would be great to show our 420 readers just how far Autoflowers have progressed, and how they can be a wise choice for any grow.

Autos are a good choice because summer is coming - and therefore outdoor grows!

It would be great to teach our 420 growers how to harness multiple harvests inline with their photoperiods. That is, with the right timing, we could pull down two harvests of Autos running along side our photos in an outdoor grow.

In an Indoor grow, we can easily grow and harvest an auto while our photos veg. Longer veg typically results in larger yields.

Currently, I am experimenting with growing Autoflowers in flower, yes, in flower, to determine if there really is a way to grow an auto with 'satisfactory yield' under a 12-12 lighting schedule. If you have the room in your grow space of course.

Hey! Who wouldn't like: 1) an interim harvest, or 2) two auto harvests to one photoperiod harvest!

So, we took a closer look into the Seedsman Autoflower selections.

At first we thought 'Pink Kush CBD 30:1 Auto Fem' - it would cover the CBD, fruity, and Auto categories - and would easily be a stand-in for the 'Blueberry'. However, we question the yield - it may be a bit too low at 63 days.

Then we saw the Seedsman 'Zkittlez Auto Fem' & 'Gelat.OG Auto Fem' - both are sporting 25% THC with a great yield in only 80 days!

zkittlezauto.png gelatogauto.png

Personally, I really want to check the net yield on 'two harvests for these two autos' when compared to 'one harvest of the photo'.

If Seedsman and 420 can show that we can get both excellent THC and net yield from an auto in less time than one photo - then the landscape of the growing culture may change drastically in this decade.

This might not just be the decade of cannabis, but also 'the decade of fast & heavy hitting autos'.

Overall, we think Seedsman 'Zkittlez Auto Fem' & 'Gelat.OG Auto Fem' have a place in a comparative grow - and the marketing potential for them should not be ignored.

In the end, we would love to be a part of your '2020 Easter Comparative Grow' no matter what strains are chosen - even if we need to buy a few seeds ourselves.

Also, at this point, there is no question that I am going to run the experiments I discussed above to determine 'the net yield of side-by-side autos and photos'.

We are seeing huge advances in stable seed genetics, LED lighting efficiency, and nutrient quality.

If we can combine these advances with a solid growing methodology that 'maximizes yield' - we are definitely heading in the right direction as a community - and doing future growers a huge service.

Oh, I almost forgot - I saw some people mention Seedsman 'Peyote WiFi' - and I can definitely vouch for their high quality - we are currently growing two of them.

Without question, the 'Peyote WiFi' strain has very strong genetics. I have subjected these two plants to very harsh environmental conditions to find two very strong phenos - and they are both growing really, really well!

Most notable is how fast they recover from heavy defoliation and heavy topping! Many plants might take 10 days to recover - but the 'Peyote WiFi', they just shrug off the HST - look up at me and say "that tickles" :)

No really, let's be clear, I may talk to my plants - but they do not talk back - they better not if they know what's good for them!!! :)

So, to anyone out there thinking about growing Seedman 'Peyote WiFi' - definitely give this strain a place on your to-grow list - you will be pleased!!!

:Namaste:

hello @DrCannaCanadian!

What do you think!?

Description
Somango
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
VARIETYMostly Sativa
SEXFeminised
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHT120 cm
FLOWERING TIME9 weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
TASTE / FLAVOURFruity

Description
Blueberry
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
GENETICSBlueberry
VARIETYMostly Indica
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENT19.5
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHTup to 225 cm
FLOWERING TIME8-9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
EFFECTLong-lasting
Any chance that I could join the Easter grow??? I'm all for Somango.

Hey @SeedsMan ,

This is a very interesting lineup!

The first time we saw reference to 'Somango' was when @Preston9mm featured it in his grow. Right away, we were taken by the name, the bag appeal, the smokability and the promise of how we could harness the Mango terpenes (herbal Myrcene) in our edibles.

Moreover, there really are not a lot of Mango strains out there - so, this makes it quite an interesting and unique choice.

We did a bit more research, and found that one of the parents of 'Somango' is 'Jack Herer'!!! Done, sold - this goes on our to-grow list for sure!

That is, just look at the Terpene profile for 'Jack Herer', and all that fruity Terpinlolene:

JackHererTerpenes.png

Overall, we are expecting 'Somango' to uplifting due to the terpinolene, but a comfortable high because of the compliment of the myrcene!

So, 'Somango' - An Excellent Unique Choice

If you're new to terpenes - here's a quick high-level view of something we use a guide:

05.jpg

Colors represent terpenes, which make up the flavors and smells of cannabis, including sweet, citrus, skunky, or diesel scents. Terpenes are oils secreted by trichomes, the sticky glands on cannabis plants. Other plants and fruits also produce terpenes.

Terpenes help give each strain its distinct personality and may also influence the effects of cannabis through something known as the “entourage effect".

We remember hearing about 'Blueberry' a while back, and as much appeal as it has, it is already a classic. That is, it needs no further introduction and feels common in among all the other Berry strains out there now - like the ever famous 'Blue Dream'.

We are sure it would make a great addition to the edibles market, and would definitely smoke well too. It will most likely have a very sedative and calming effect which makes for a perfect night-time med.

It's most certainly liked by many people because of it's terpene profile:

BlueberryTerpenes.png

Overall, a nice choice - but it just doesn't scream 'pick me' to us.

So, 'Blueberry' - A Nice Solid Choice :love:

If you go with 'Somango' and 'Blueberry', you have both:

fruity​
feminized​
photoperiods​
9 weeks​
high yield​
high THC​
low CBD​
tall​

They should grow well side-by-side.

In your last comparative grow, we liked how there was a high THC and a high CBD strain.

So how about mixing it up a bit for this comparative grow as well?

We were thinking --- why not add an Autoflower in place of the 'Blueberry'.

In the past, I was not really taken in by the Autoflower propaganda because I figured they were low quality and too difficult to grow.

However, it appears some of the Seedsman Autoflower strains have some pretty good genetics now - and we think it would be great to show our 420 readers just how far Autoflowers have progressed, and how they can be a wise choice for any grow.

Autos are a good choice because summer is coming - and therefore outdoor grows!

It would be great to teach our 420 growers how to harness multiple harvests inline with their photoperiods. That is, with the right timing, we could pull down two harvests of Autos running along side our photos in an outdoor grow.

In an Indoor grow, we can easily grow and harvest an auto while our photos veg. Longer veg typically results in larger yields.

Currently, I am experimenting with growing Autoflowers in flower, yes, in flower, to determine if there really is a way to grow an auto with 'satisfactory yield' under a 12-12 lighting schedule. If you have the room in your grow space of course.

Hey! Who wouldn't like: 1) an interim harvest, or 2) two auto harvests to one photoperiod harvest!

So, we took a closer look into the Seedsman Autoflower selections.

At first we thought 'Pink Kush CBD 30:1 Auto Fem' - it would cover the CBD, fruity, and Auto categories - and would easily be a stand-in for the 'Blueberry'. However, we question the yield - it may be a bit too low at 63 days.

Then we saw the Seedsman 'Zkittlez Auto Fem' & 'Gelat.OG Auto Fem' - both are sporting 25% THC with a great yield in only 80 days!

zkittlezauto.png gelatogauto.png

Personally, I really want to check the net yield on 'two harvests for these two autos' when compared to 'one harvest of the photo'.

If Seedsman and 420 can show that we can get both excellent THC and net yield from an auto in less time than one photo - then the landscape of the growing culture may change drastically in this decade.

This might not just be the decade of cannabis, but also 'the decade of fast & heavy hitting autos'.

Overall, we think Seedsman 'Zkittlez Auto Fem' & 'Gelat.OG Auto Fem' have a place in a comparative grow - and the marketing potential for them should not be ignored.

In the end, we would love to be a part of your '2020 Easter Comparative Grow' no matter what strains are chosen - even if we need to buy a few seeds ourselves.

Also, at this point, there is no question that I am going to run the experiments I discussed above to determine 'the net yield of side-by-side autos and photos'.

We are seeing huge advances in stable seed genetics, LED lighting efficiency, and nutrient quality.

If we can combine these advances with a solid growing methodology that 'maximizes yield' - we are definitely heading in the right direction as a community - and doing future growers a huge service.

Oh, I almost forgot - I saw some people mention Seedsman 'Peyote WiFi' - and I can definitely vouch for their high quality - we are currently growing two of them.

Without question, the 'Peyote WiFi' strain has very strong genetics. I have subjected these two plants to very harsh environmental conditions to find two very strong phenos - and they are both growing really, really well!

Most notable is how fast they recover from heavy defoliation and heavy topping! Many plants might take 10 days to recover - but the 'Peyote WiFi', they just shrug off the HST - look up at me and say "that tickles" :)

No really, let's be clear, I may talk to my plants - but they do not talk back - they better not if they know what's good for them!!! :)

So, to anyone out there thinking about growing Seedman 'Peyote WiFi' - definitely give this strain a place on your to-grow list - you will be pleased!!!

:Namaste:

@SeedsMan patience is a virtue they say........ :rofl: I'm in......:headbanger::laugh:

Generally, when I make suggestions to @SeedsMan for the stains I'd like to run, it is based on past experiences from other comparative grows. This is currently #6.

In the past, autoflower strains did not attract the attention of some of the more experienced growers. Ultimately, we're looking for a good mix of experienced & new growers alike.

The next factor I take into account... how will the grow attract sales for Seedsman. I track trends of what's new & hot, along with the old classics. Last Blueberry comparative grow sold out the inventory for almost 2 months.....

:idea:

I'm sure my homie @pufferbill will get down on the next grow with us!

New to these forums, but knows how to grow that fiyaaaaa!
:thumb:

Just making the rounds.... tagging the important threads. LoL

Generally, when I make suggestions to @SeedsMan for the stains I'd like to run, it is based on past experiences from other comparative grows. This is currently #6.

In the past, autoflower strains did not attract the attention of some of the more experienced growers. Ultimately, we're looking for a good mix of experienced & new growers alike.

The next factor I take into account... how will the grow attract sales for Seedsman. I track trends of what's new & hot, along with the old classics. Last Blueberry comparative grow sold out the inventory for almost 2 months.....

:idea:

Thanks @Preston9mm - this is good to know!

l'm only just beginning to take an interest in autoflowers and how they could potentially compliment a grow.

If growers here at 420 have no interest in autoflowers, or there is no marketing/financial gain running a strain, then obviously exclude it.

And I'm certain Seedman has excellent metrics via Google Analytics they can query to track their product's popularity.

In the end, we really want to 'help' drive marketing and sales for the Sponsors - that's why they are here!!!

Flip day 51. Buds are getting so heavy they keep falling over.

Critical Purple Kush
seedsman comp flip 51d CPK.jpg

CPK showing some purple
flip day 51 CPK.jpg

Doctor Seedsman CBD
seedsman comp flip 51d DrS.jpg

DrS still has lots of white pistols
flip day 51 DrS.jpg

Thank you @SeedsMan, please include me in the next comparison too.
:thedoubletake::thedoubletake: Stunning!!! :love:

Critical Purple Kush

CPK showing some purple
flip day 51 CPK.jpg

Doctor Seedsman CBD

flip day 51 DrS.jpg

Wow nice flowers :nerd-with-glasses:

Critical Purple Kush

CPK showing some purple
flip day 51 CPK.jpg

Doctor Seedsman CBD

flip day 51 DrS.jpg

Wow! Those are amazing bud shots!!!

Critical Purple Kush

CPK showing some purple
flip day 51 CPK.jpg

Doctor Seedsman CBD

flip day 51 DrS.jpg

Looks like the same pheno of CPK as mine

Sooooooo frosty and she really turned Purple right before harvest

Very nice buds... congrats, you'll love the smoke too

hello @DrCannaCanadian!

I'd love to see a comparison with Somango & Blueberry!

What do you think!?

Description
Somango
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
VARIETYMostly Sativa
SEXFeminised
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHT120 cm
FLOWERING TIME9 weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
TASTE / FLAVOURFruity

Description
Blueberry
Characteristics

BREEDER/BRANDSeedsman
GENETICSBlueberry
VARIETYMostly Indica
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENT19.5
YIELD400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHTup to 225 cm
FLOWERING TIME8-9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTHOctober
EFFECTLong-lasting
sign me up I'm in :passitleft::cough: :nerd-with-glasses:

They finally stopped stretching just short of needing to supercrop a couple. I didn't measure today but the two big ones are about 1.5 m tall. Day 31 since flip so about two weeks of full flowering. Starting to get some stink in the last few days.

The proposed new grow sounds interesting. Unfortunately I shut down my grow room for the summer so these will be it till next fall.

Back
Top Bottom