Seedsman experience

rocks911

I was not having a lot of luck with seeds from one vendor so I thought I'd throw a little business the Seedsman way. Got 3 LSD coming and they threw in 3 Cheese. Paid through Zelle which is like any of the other pay apps, was sure to include my order number on the "note" line so they know who I am and it took just a couple minutes. Well, the confirmation took over night, but this morning I got an email that everything was in motion.

My bill was not in US currency but British Pounds. I converted and rounded up a couple bucks to be sure. Communication can be difficult, which is to say instant communication, I mean you cant pick up a phone... so some of the process you have to intuit. I would have preferred that the final bill would have been in US currency just to be accurate, but that they exist at all to help people like me I really appreciate.

I've never grown either LSD or Cheese. LSD is supposed to be a compact plant but the seeds they threw in are of a plant that tends to grow very tall, as I understand it anyways. Anybody recommend a strategy to grow Cheese in a 4x2x5?

I'll post later as developments occur

So...this is to document the process from them? Kinda curious why

Are u familiar with how they ship now?

What country are you in, assuming USA since u used zelle

I'm not a fan of the 5' tall tents. After this grow, mine will be used for veg only. I have grown some taller plants in the 5' tents. Move the fan and filter out of the tent, if you have them in there. That will let you raise your lights higher. This will be key to your success.

Next, the plants will need to be trained. Hopefully, you have photoperiod seed, not auto flowering. You need to train for several colas, and space them out. Check my Crown Royale grow to see how I did this. Flip when 1/3 of the grow height is filled. That will be a maximum of 10". This allows 18" for your light, and the space between it and your canopy, as well as 12" for your plant's containers.

2' X 4' tents with 7'-8' height are available. Gorilla makes them, and there are several clones on the market.

Chris,

The why is that after searching for specific comments on a seed bank, at least recently turned up not a lot of information.
As I understand it SeedsMan is affiliated with this site and I was looking for another vendor as my seed provider has left me wanting. Therefore I thought Id provide the details of my experience so others might be informed. This is kinda what forums are for.

I have no idea how they ship now, but then I had no idea how they shipped in the past.
I'm in the US.
I have no agenda here, I wouldnt know anybody from that company, this web site, the magazine 420 or anybody who frequents this site for that matter. I am a voice from an island simply relating my experience for anybody that might be interested.

Old Salt,

My plan was to purchase a taller tent going forward, 5' is just ridiculous. But as I have to be super cautious 7' - 8' would just be too obvious. Just a 6' would be helpful.

As for the T6 air mover and charcoal filter I do have them in the tent, maybe next grow I'll change that. Havent really researched it. The way it is now the tent has significant negative pressure while the T6 is whirling at mid speed and I have to wonder about the wisdom of that. I know that with computers if you have a negative pressure PC case all the dust in the area works its way into the case. But thats a topic for another time.

Just curious is all

@SeedsMan has all my business, top notch company and all the top breeders seeds

If you have any questions holler, their shipping process has changed a bit so a bit of a BLACK out time in it, so don't stress

Takes me about 14-17 days to get my order

Good luck buddy

thumbs up for seedsman..
C78F49B8-D8CB-4C74-9FFA-5299B993B244.jpeg

As for the T6 air mover and charcoal filter I do have them in the tent, maybe next grow I'll change that.

I built a tent topper for air extraction, details in my current grow. You can also run just the duct through one of the vent holes. You can either blow air through the filter, or encase it and draw the air from it. Someone here used a five gallon pail to house the filter. They ran the duct from the tent to the lid, which was cut out for it. They cut the bottom of the pail to fit the flange on the filter, and ran from there to the fan.

I'm not a fan of the 5' tall tents. After this grow, mine will be used for veg only. I have grown some taller plants in the 5' tents. Move the fan and filter out of the tent, if you have them in there. That will let you raise your lights higher. This will be key to your success.

Next, the plants will need to be trained. Hopefully, you have photoperiod seed, not auto flowering. You need to train for several colas, and space them out. Check my Crown Royale grow to see how I did this. Flip when 1/3 of the grow height is filled. That will be a maximum of 10". This allows 18" for your light, and the space between it and your canopy, as well as 12" for your plant's containers.

2' X 4' tents with 7'-8' height are available. Gorilla makes them, and there are several clones on the market.
I have a Quictent 2x4x7 and after growing in a 20"x40"x 5 feet; it is heaven! The five footer is now my veg; I rebuild laptops but can only get 1 out of 3 timers to work :oops:so I follow Ed Rosenthal's advise; veg 24 hour with no darkness. 5 weeks of 24 hour light makes for very large/bushy plants that went into the 7 footer 3 days ago.
Another plus for me is that QB's produce a lot less heat than 3 Viparspectras; I went from 100F+ to around 85F in the second floor where I grow (I suck 72F conditioned air from my living room via a hole in my ceiling to cool my tents; the exit air heats the room up; winter it's to heat the tents in a 50F room; kind of loud but darn it, I'm a cheap one;-)

I have a Quictent 2x4x7 and after growing in a 20"x40"x 5 feet; it is heaven! The five footer is now my veg; I rebuild laptops but can only get 1 out of 3 timers to work :oops:so I follow Ed Rosenthal's advise; veg 24 hour with no darkness. 5 weeks of 24 hour light makes for very large/bushy plants that went into the 7 footer 3 days ago.
Another plus for me is that QB's produce a lot less heat than 3 Viparspectras; I went from 100F+ to around 85F in the second floor where I grow (I suck 72F conditioned air from my living room via a hole in my ceiling to cool my tents; the exit air heats the room up; winter it's to heat the tents in a 50F room; kind of loud but darn it, I'm a cheap one;-)

That extra two feet (60cm) of height makes a world of difference. I've got plants still in veg that are 2' or 60cm above ground. Just for giggles I took a few readings with my infrared thermometer:

Room Temp 23.5°C / 74.3°F
Tent exhaust 24.4°C / 75.9°F
Power Supplies drawing 315W 32.8 °C / 91.0°F
COB heatsinks 31.2°C / 88.2°F
COB 34.7°C / 94.5°F

Those DIY COB lights will go well over 500W. What I really like about them is that they are on 12" (30cm) centers and can therefore be dropped to 6" (15cm) above the canopy.

That extra two feet (60cm) of height makes a world of difference. I've got plants still in veg that are 2' or 60cm above ground. Just for giggles I took a few readings with my infrared thermometer:

Room Temp 23.5°C / 74.3°F
Tent exhaust 24.4°C / 75.9°F
Power Supplies drawing 315W 32.8 °C / 91.0°F
COB heatsinks 31.2°C / 88.2°F
COB 34.7°C / 94.5°F

Those DIY COB lights will go well over 500W. What I really like about them is that they are on 12" (30cm) centers and can therefore be dropped to 6" (15cm) above the canopy.
Yes that extra height likely would help with those LED's; I went from 2 plastic 4" inline fans up to 2 iPower 6" just to control the heat in that little tent. That little tent just heats up way too much (as well as my second story) with Plurples.

Yes that extra height likely would help with those LED's; I went from 2 plastic 4" inline fans up to 2 iPower 6" just to control the heat in that little tent. That little tent just heats up way too much (as well as my second story) with Plurples.

My 6" fan is at less than 1/4 speed. That's more than enough for this setup.

I'm running as slow as the speed control will allow; it's likely overkill given I'm using QB's but now that the other tent is shut off I might be able to get my upstairs semi-livable with the fan pulling more than enough cool air to cool the tent and sending the excess air into the room thereby cooling it.

I built a tent topper for air extraction, details in my current grow. You can also run just the duct through one of the vent holes. You can either blow air through the filter, or encase it and draw the air from it. Someone here used a five gallon pail to house the filter. They ran the duct from the tent to the lid, which was cut out for it. They cut the bottom of the pail to fit the flange on the filter, and ran from there to the fan.

I had seen this "filter-in-a-bucket" set up, and it was very clever. I hope to replicate it during the set-change between grows in the next several weeks. Will free up some much-needed headroom in the tent.

I had seen this "filter-in-a-bucket" set up, and it was very clever. I hope to replicate it during the set-change between grows in the next several weeks. Will free up some much-needed headroom in the tent.
You can get a flange for the lid. That would make it easy to attach your ducting.

Id be very interested in seeing that filter-in-a-bucket technique develop. Ive gotta do a set change also in a little more than a month and Ive gotta get the A/C Infinity outta my tent, takes up too much room.

Id be very interested in seeing that filter-in-a-bucket technique develop. Ive gotta do a set change also in a little more than a month and Ive gotta get the A/C Infinity outta my tent, takes up too much room.

I will have to hunt a bit for it.

Ha! Easier than I thought. It was in @stoneotter 's journal.

I think if you search "filter" by name "stoneotter" a bunch of hits will pop up. Perhaps @stoneotter himself will stop by and share a bit more information!

I will have to hunt a bit for it.

Ha! Easier than I thought. It was in @stoneotter 's journal.

I think if you search "filter" by name "stoneotter" a bunch of hits will pop up. Perhaps @stoneotter himself will stop by and share a bit more information!
That was a fun project and months later is working well. I'm thinking of getting a bigger bucket and making one for the 4 x 4 tent.

Back
Top Bottom