Seedsman Order Troubles

So yesterday, six months after my two Seedsman orders never arrived, I get two packages.

Both have been opened and resealed with US Customs tape, and the Customs letters inside tell me my "products" have been infested, which they have taken the liberty to "clean".

Well, Seedsman still has my $100, and I get an empty DVD case and broken cheap hairbrush.

What a world.

Thanks for posting that. I haven't heard of them getting a lot of seizures.

So yesterday, six months after my two Seedsman orders never arrived, I get two packages.

Both have been opened and resealed with US Customs tape, and the Customs letters inside tell me my "products" have been infested, which they have taken the liberty to "clean".

Well, Seedsman still has my $100, and I get an empty DVD case and broken cheap hairbrush.

What a world.

Blame Customs, not Seedsman. Did you go with stealth shipping? Non-original breeder packs? The stealth shipping option gets you a free resend I believe if they don't make it. And choose non-original breeder packs cause as cool looking as some of those things are they'd be more likely to show up in an x-ray than seeds in them small plastic baggies.

Blame Customs, not Seedsman. Did you go with stealth shipping? Non-original breeder packs? The stealth shipping option gets you a free resend I believe if they don't make it. And choose non-original breeder packs cause as cool looking as some of those things are they'd be more likely to show up in an x-ray than seeds in them small plastic baggies.
Which is why I posted the follow up, to clear Seedsman. Still not happy about losing $100, is that okay with you? Yes, I did stealth.

Sorry didn't mean to come off snarky there.

That was super snarky, but I understand your frustration. I would be too. Maybe you were just unlucky with 2 orders and I was lucky with 5. Shitty customs aside Seedsman are a good company. Hopefully you'll get some seeds through soon (from whoever you decide to go with) and can start growing this wonderful healing plant.

Mikka- without, hopefully, making you revisit all the frustration, have you told Seedsman about all of this? Most good seed companies do replacements without any fuss or questions. Seeds are cheap and easy to get. Good business reputations aren't. Obviously some companies are not this cool, as I can well attest, but my feeling was that Seedsman was one of those good ones

Mikka- without, hopefully, making you revisit all the frustration, have you told Seedsman about all of this? Most good seed companies do replacements without any fuss or questions. Seeds are cheap and easy to get. Good business reputations aren't. Obviously some companies are not this cool, as I can well attest, but my feeling was that Seedsman was one of those good ones
Yes, I did and respectfully too. They did resend (with a substitute since what I originally ordered was out of stock by then). When the resend didn't arrive, they just stopped communicating with me, hence the frustration.

I have no beef with Seedsman any more, not since I got the Customs cleaned packages. I found a few other good suppliers and I now have about 100 seeds of various old time, newer and artisan strains in stock. I won't need to buy any more for some time, but when I do I will probably give Seedsman another try. They were fine till that last shipment and has been pointed out, it wasn't an issue with the supplier, so I'm cool with that. I've already emailed Seedsman to clear that up.

I think there can be issues with anyone you might use
Not so long ago the thread was people giving grief to CK
Most of the time they do ok

Well without revisiting all that CkS crap- a company which I'm extremely glad to put behind me and never deal with again- as was commented earlier it's when orders don't go well that you get a better chance to see the true nature of the people you're dealing with. Fake friendly is easy if you only have to do it long enough to get the money.

I had a feeling that was how this one was going to end! It was probably the hair brush. Who the hell orders a hair brush from over seas? I'm glad to have come across this because I just made an account with them and have my cart filled. If I do order from them, Ia m going to ask they send it in a souvenir from their country so it won't look so obvious or something.

I don't like mentioning specifics on the open board on how stuff is shipped from certain banks but yes I agree some of the stealth options could be a little better thought through. For not much more money they could ship in things that are region specific product (just labeling or something local and simple) that would make sense as to why you ordered it. A pen or hair brush with no real special markings or trinket value looks a little out of place.

I was just on their site and noticed the actual "Seedsman" seeds are all Out of Stock. They had good prices, was gonna give them a shot this Spring.

Ok, this is long-winded... I was a 1st time buyer from Seedsman (huge Black Fri. promo) back in Nov. 2017–I did use Bitcoin. I screwed up the shipping address and used Ave instead of Road. They promptly fixed it since the order wasn't sent out yet. Shipping was slow due to the promo & holidays–US East coast. When the order arrived via stealth, they mistakenly put in RQS Critical strain & not RQS Critical Kush (breeders packs were maintained as I specified). Plus, missing some Blue Dream promo beans. Support was great, lmk they might be late in resending due to staff being off over the holidays. All of this communication was via email and very very prompt (within less than 24 hrs). Then the RQS CK went out of stock... they asked me to choose something else, but I told them I would wait until restocking. This was around Xmas. On Jan. 2 I got an email saying my entire order had shipped. I wasn't sure, but when it arrived in about 10 days, they had resent my entire order worth $150 and not just the 5 beans of the incorrect strain & 2 missing promo BDream. Unfortunately they sent 5 more RQS Critical again! I told them I was so happy to forget the 5 RQS Critical Kush beans, but they should talk to whoever was working in their fulfillment/packing/shipping dept. and inform them re: 2 entirely diff strains. They were wonderful and responding saying they insisted on sending the orig 5 RQS Critical Kush beans since I should get what I paid for & wanted. The 5 RQS CK beans arrived about 8 days later. 300$ worth of beans for 150$ due to them correcting their error(s) and prolly about 50 freebies included. Needless to say, I will order from them again. There is such a wide variation of responses, that it is confusing, but my experience with them is that they were top notch. Especially their Support area. When 1 support person was off duty, the next one picked up her emails for continued communication & support. They sure built some customer loyalty with me in their service arena.

I was just on their site and noticed the actual "Seedsman" seeds are all Out of Stock. They had good prices, was gonna give them a shot this Spring.
I believe I read a few days ago they are in the midst of an annual inventory and advised their customers there would be a three to five day delay before any shipments would be taking place. I too saw that many if not most of the seeds were listed as out of stock. I suggest checking the site in a couple of days. For what it's worth they're batting .1000 with me at five for five. Best of luck to all when ordering your seeds from whomever you choose.

Appreciate the info! But I will make a purchase elsewhere for now. Maybe I will check them out when their delays are past them and their inventory is updated.

Update 2019.... things haven't changed much seedman is still slow. CK has crap genetics. MSNL sells junk seeds that don't germ. TrueNorth is extremely expensive. It's hard to find a good seed vendor.

Apparently things have gone downhill since I last posted my glowing review. I ordered again–twice since. Communication now sucks. I used bitcoin & they never sent the 8 bonus beans for using bitcoin. When I contacted them, the guy responded days later & just gave me points (totaling about $20 in value) to my acct. I wanted the beans they offered with the deal. It forced me to order again because points were expiring. Next order: paid for stealth & keep breeders' packs but they removed packaging on one pack (out of the 3). It took them over a week to even process/start packing the order. It took 3 weeks+ to get to me this time. Dog slow by comparison to previous orders. I think they now have a stateside facility here in the states(?) but orders are taking even longer to get here. I won't order from them again unless they have something I can't find elsewhere. meh.

Back
Top Bottom