Seedsman Review

Hi everybody :ciao:

This is a review from my recent interaction with one of the much appreciated sponsors here, @SeedsMan seed bank.

Selection: 4.5/5
Price 4.25/5
Freebies 5/5
Shipping 5/5
Overall 4.75/5 {Will Use Again}

*bonus category*
Communication 1/5

Details:

selection
Good filters and sorting. Lot's of big name breeders. House breeders and seeds as well. Specialty/exotic/rare seeds are a crap shoot with all banks. I had 2 particular strains I was looking for and found both, then explored.
price
I did not do a ten bank comparison. They are all pretty close to the same. A $7 bean at X, is not $2 at Y... It's usually $6.5. The shipping/tracking can add up anywhere and I was not surprised at the total of the order, as it was in line with what I expected.
freebies
I caught the 4/20 special, and combined it with some breeder specials. I PAID FOR 17 AND GOT 16 FREE. All feminized, some photo some auto.
shipping
I placed the order via zelle-y option on April 17, and received my order today May 7. I am in a "fly-over" area. It arrived with original breeder packs in a plain envelope with bubble wrapping. I did the "discreet delivery product- at our discretion" for a slight additional fee. I was impressed as I have received beans in nondescript baggies before and been skeptical.
communication
I paid for the economy tracking. I received an email today that my package "had shipped" and when I clicked on the tracking number it showed as delivered. :/ For the previous 19 days my order just said "in transit to local shipping depot" I will not pay for the tracking again as it seems I payed for a delivery confirmation instead of actual tracking.
And just for transparency, I also messaged @SeedsMan on Friday May 3 and still have not gotten a reply. I'm sure they are busy with tons of other members and what-not, I am but a grain of sand in the 420 ocean of knowledge, but serendipitously my beans were in my box today so I am a happy Spimp-er!

Final Summation
If you are an over-amped, can't wait to get started, checking the mailbox every day kinda grower, this may not be the place for you. We all get antsy with anticipation, so expect 3-ish weeks, smoke a bowl, and keep thinking positive thoughts!

I was pleased with my interactions. I will use them in the future. I already have wish-list created and am very satisfied with the overall experience. Good selection, easy to go down the filter rabbit hole and get lost in a sea of buds. Order process was very easy, and payment was quick. I am very happy with the overall experience, and very proud that @SeedsMan is a sponsor of
:420:.

(I will update with germination rates)

If you are an over-amped, can't wait to get started, checking the mailbox every day kinda grower, this may not be the place for you.
Thanks for the review, especially like that last part above lol.

Maybe seeds should have a waiting period like guns... if someone really needs seeds, like RIGHT NOW kinda needs them... I’m not so sure we want those people having them :)

Maybe seeds should have a waiting period like guns... if someone really needs seeds, like RIGHT NOW kinda needs them... I’m not so sure we want those people having them :)

Nah, just charge them double to make up for the stress they cause after sitting with their thumb in it all year and then suddenly deciding that they need a pack of seeds yesterday... five minutes after you run out of stock, then going and crying about it on 420 different cannabis forums for approximately the next 100 years.

Okay, triple.

:rofl:

I will have to go against the flow here I'm afraid. Although I will agree that selection, price and freebies are good doesn't really matter much if you don't get the seeds. I placed an order on Jan 11 and after nothing in the mail and nothing but automated responses from their customer support, I ordered directly from the breeder and got seeds 10 days later. Still waiting for a response from a human being at Seedsman but not holding my breath. Whats more, they didn't honour the advertised 25% discount on first order paid with bitcoin either. Definitely will NOT be doing business with them again.

I will have to go against the flow here I'm afraid. Although I will agree that selection, price and freebies are good doesn't really matter much if you don't get the seeds. I placed an order on Jan 11 and after nothing in the mail and nothing but automated responses from their customer support, I ordered directly from the breeder and got seeds 10 days later. Still waiting for a response from a human being at Seedsman but not holding my breath. Whats more, they didn't honour the advertised 25% discount on first order paid with bitcoin either. Definitely will NOT be doing business with them again.

I'm surprised. I wonder if it is country specific that causes the issue. Ive6had three orders and all three were pretty solid experiences. I had an issue on my first as I was late to mail the cash and my order was cancelled but I contacted customer service and they responded in 24 hours. I'm in the US. Sorry to hear you had issues. Hope you got good seeds from the breeder though!

I don't think it is a country issue - i'm in Canada. Only issue was no tracking possible as Canada Post just doesn't....... But like I said, now at 48 days from ordering and still no seeds and no response from 'Customer Service'. The new seeds from Dinafem are already up in the tent (at least three are...) so no problems other than a bit of time lost. But I must confess that i am surprised at the shoddy treatment i received after seeing all the positive remarks on this site about Seedsman. Maybe they jut didn't take my small initial order very seriously.....

Sorry to hear about that @oldnoob !

You have a message....and I hope we can solve this ASAP!

have a great week end!

:Namaste:

I will be following this thread I was considering using seedman and also in canada but am a little bit seed shy now. I hope they make it right for you.

To report on what Seedsman finally did: After posting on this forum, someone from Seedsman finally contacted me. They offered to give me 10% off my next order. After the poor showing on this order, i hesitate to gamble yet again when i know i can get what i pay for from other suppliers. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

To report on what Seedsman finally did: After posting on this forum, someone from Seedsman finally contacted me. They offered to give me 10% off my next order. After the poor showing on this order, i hesitate to gamble yet again when i know i can get what i pay for from other suppliers. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.
Seedsman is the best

The cripto stuff is a challenge, as are CC to overseas companies

But it's yer call

I've had nothing but great success with @SeedsMan , I think 8 orders

I don't blame you I would do the same don't think I will be placing an order with them anytime soon. Lots of good seed banks in Canada!

I have to post one more update as the seeds did finally arrive. There was a sticker on the envelope from Royal Mail saying there was insufficient postage so apparently the package went into limbo for a while as there was no return address. These will just go into the seed storage i guess.....

Hi everybody :ciao:

This is a review from my recent interaction with one of the much appreciated sponsors here, @SeedsMan seed bank.

Selection: 4.5/5
Price 4.25/5
Freebies 5/5
Shipping 5/5
Overall 4.75/5 {Will Use Again}

*bonus category*
Communication 1/5

Details:

selection
Good filters and sorting. Lot's of big name breeders. House breeders and seeds as well. Specialty/exotic/rare seeds are a crap shoot with all banks. I had 2 particular strains I was looking for and found both, then explored.
price
I did not do a ten bank comparison. They are all pretty close to the same. A $7 bean at X, is not $2 at Y... It's usually $6.5. The shipping/tracking can add up anywhere and I was not surprised at the total of the order, as it was in line with what I expected.
freebies
I caught the 4/20 special, and combined it with some breeder specials. I PAID FOR 17 AND GOT 16 FREE. All feminized, some photo some auto.
shipping
I placed the order via zelle-y option on April 17, and received my order today May 7. I am in a "fly-over" area. It arrived with original breeder packs in a plain envelope with bubble wrapping. I did the "discreet delivery product- at our discretion" for a slight additional fee. I was impressed as I have received beans in nondescript baggies before and been skeptical.
communication
I paid for the economy tracking. I received an email today that my package "had shipped" and when I clicked on the tracking number it showed as delivered. :/ For the previous 19 days my order just said "in transit to local shipping depot" I will not pay for the tracking again as it seems I payed for a delivery confirmation instead of actual tracking.
And just for transparency, I also messaged @SeedsMan on Friday May 3 and still have not gotten a reply. I'm sure they are busy with tons of other members and what-not, I am but a grain of sand in the 420 ocean of knowledge, but serendipitously my beans were in my box today so I am a happy Spimp-er!

Final Summation
If you are an over-amped, can't wait to get started, checking the mailbox every day kinda grower, this may not be the place for you. We all get antsy with anticipation, so expect 3-ish weeks, smoke a bowl, and keep thinking positive thoughts!

I was pleased with my interactions. I will use them in the future. I already have wish-list created and am very satisfied with the overall experience. Good selection, easy to go down the filter rabbit hole and get lost in a sea of buds. Order process was very easy, and payment was quick. I am very happy with the overall experience, and very proud that @SeedsMan is a sponsor of
:420:.

(I will update with germination rates)
I am still waiting for 2 months for delivery. I pleaded with Seedsman for a quick delivery as the grow was for a cancer patient that began Chemo on Dec1. a little too late. I could be harvesting by now.
One strain, OUT OF 5 strains I ordered, was out of stock. I asked to send what was available 6 weeks ago, and they just replied again with the same question after delivery tracker showed package was help up.
My first order 2 years ago went fine.
Not sure what happened to Seedsman

Back
Top Bottom