Seeing signs of budding while on 18/6?

this guy

Let me start with the facts:

Experience: Newbie - First grow
Seeds: Jack Herer - Fem
Soil: Promix BX
Nutes: Foxfarm Grow Big (every other feeding)
Pots: 3.5 gallon
Lights: Quantum Badboy T5, 4' 4 bulbs
Light Schedule: 18/6 (on a timer)
Height: 12-14 inches (bushy as hell)

Not sure if something is wrong.. I'm seeing white hairs where the stalk meets the branches, while still in veg! Is this normal? Was I scammed on the seeds and got some autoflower strain instead?

I don't have any pictures of the hairs yet, but will post them within a day.

Well, I'm a first time grower as well, but from what I have read that is just preflowering. The plants are reaching sexual maturity and are ready to go into bloom whenever you are. Congrats! :cheer:

It usually occurs after 4-6 wks of veg, which is around 6-8 after seed.

Here is a link for ya What are preflowers?

Btw, your plants look great!

It's preflowering. Just means you can send it to flower whenever you're ready.

Sometimes means a strong fem strain. Good luck!

You'll like the Jack. How much head room to you have? The Jack keeps growing vertically for about 3 weeks after you start 12/12 and will easily double it's veg height. If you are at 12/14" now I'd estimate somehere around a 30-32" finish.

Your plant is fine. It's showing sexual maturity before flowering. All plants do this, some are just microscopic. If you'd looked at these earlier with a 50-100x magnification, you'd have been able to sex them at about 4-6 weeks old. Gratz on the girls, hope they get big and funky.

You'll like the Jack. How much head room to you have? The Jack keeps growing vertically for about 3 weeks after you start 12/12 and will easily double it's veg height. If you are at 12/14" now I'd estimate somehere around a 30-32" finish.

I have a 5'x5'x6.5' grow tent. So far, 3 female Jack's and an undetermined amount out of 4 Afgani will go in there to flower. ;)

Nice.. My flowering durban is about 4 feet tall (I'll have to double check that) but had fan leafs about 12" across.. Crazy huge.

Back
Top Bottom