Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

How does this look?

I think this is what you were advising me to do. I removed the wrapper and burried the cube in the clay pellets till the bottom 2 inches are submerged in the pond water. I can attach the drip hoses this weekend. Im now pretty confident that the water isn't over fertilized. 1724290

My new beans popped so I also just placed them into my soaked Jiffy peat pods, and clear dome. Hope these are "Better Beans than the last batch. Now what to do with the 3 surplus Killer Nuke beans?!? Anyone around here ever tried that strain? I only have space for about 3 roommates.

Looks great but the water should be 2" BELOW the bottom of the net pot, not in the water

That way bubbles splash up to the roots

Sound good

But looks much better, just adust yer water level down a bit

Looks great but the water should be 2" BELOW the bottom of the net pot, not in the water

That way bubbles splash up to the roots

Sound good

But looks much better, just adust yer water level down a bit
Thanks for that advice. I didn't know about that. I'll fix that once there's some roots established. I'll erect the drip flow this weekend to allow me to keep what roots she has now with continous water.

My ultimate goal is simply to be self sufficient and not forced to blow $100 a month at the dispensaries! I am behind with my grow studies I've been so involved with building the garden with my "Bums Budget. My goal was $200. But I'm nearly passing $300. Plus the $$ for beans.

I'm also distracted by all my efforts to get into the VA Hospital for some "Seriously Overdue and BADLY Needed Structural Surgeries. Been off opiates for 3 years except a day or two following several Surgeries. Then maybe I can brag about being able to walk around stoned (without my Walker)! and maybe even check bow hunting off my bucket list. When everything is fixed I'll probably have 8 MORE pounds of screws holding me together‍..

If you keep the rockwool constantly wet, the plant will drown and die
Her slow growth is evident of that

Drop the water asap my friend, and I'd re evaluate the top feed method

But that's me

My plan was always a drip irrigation system and I'm just invested too "Deep" to switch now. I've been so involved with building the garden with my "Bums Budget. My goal was $200. But I'm passing $300.

The technology for monitoring water quality and a zillion tonics, recipes and something for every kind of growing. I'm not equipped with funding for high tech other than these timers and minimal life support appliances not to dismiss unfamiliar lingo. There's also a huge learning curve with being social again. So please don't be offended if I get foggy inside the details...

Okay, I put her back above ground and will lower the water. My air supply is insufficient and so I intend to invest in a better air pump.

Maybe I can follow what you say if there's a video or photographic illustration i can visualize the setup...

I think I understand this but how much clay between the cube and the basket bottom. I have the water just millimeters below the basket and my question is how much clay between the cube and the basket. Her roots are just starting to poke out of the bottom.

I think I understand this but how much clay between the cube and the basket bottom. I have the water just millimeters below the basket and my question is how much clay between the cube and the basket. Her roots are just starting to poke out of the bottom.
I'll lower the water as the roots grow

You need the water level 1"-2" below the bottom of the net pot.
The bubbles from the Rez splash onto the netpot and cube to keep the roots active and growing without over watering them
That big rockwool can sit right on the bottom of the net pot, or put one layer of pebbles under it

I don't have any videos or how too's sorry

You need the water level 1"-2" below the bottom of the net pot.
The bubbles from the Rez splash onto the netpot and cube to keep the roots active and growing without over watering them
That big rockwool can sit right on the bottom of the net pot, or put one layer of pebbles under it

I don't have any videos or how too's sorry
Got it, this is way different from what I was seeing. . Can you refer a tutorial i can see how to work this, doe's it have a particular name. I'm willing to check it out.

The type of grow is DWC or deep water culture

Very simple process of water, nutes, bubbles, and same net pots u use

I use 5gal buckets with a air stone in the bottom to circulate the water and creat bubbles
You would probably need two or three depending on the volume in yer tub

Here is the sub forum with many questions and answers to DWC issues

I tried the buckets it in the very first place and 3 buckets would not fit so I got started with the water volume in the tote and fitted the lid with 3, 10 inchers and I figured 3 plants always maturing 6 or 8 week intervals and i can. So i really want a successful first gow..

Hydro

DWC

Just a little different from the methods i viewed (lowering the water is new), but it makes sense but I'm still about some dripping water to keep the clay pellets "moist" and fresh with nutrients. Otherwise as roots push through the rockwool sides won't the roots dry out? Im talking about a slower drip, not a full on flow! Am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom