Seeking Patient - Doctor Confidentiality Information - Everyone Please Read

Founder
please help us find all information possible for a very dear friend of ours, who has court on monday morning.

rumor has it, a medical marijuana patient/defendant has the right to decline answering a state's attorney or judge's request in court, for their condition in which they use cannabis...

does anyone have any info on this, confirming this rumor?

please post everything you can find on the subject, in this thread.

thanks and much love to you all...:adore:

The law is very sketchy on this one. Due to the conflict between State and Federal law and the conflict of Doctor/Patient rights. The judge can order you to answer. I asked one of my lawyer friend about this and no one seems to know the exact rule on this. It also depend on what charge and case is pending on the person.

This is the respomse I received from Norml to my email

Mark:

I am reasonably certain that you are correct. The court can inquire as to whether the individual has a valid physician's recommendation, but they cannot get into the medical records to determine the precise medical reason for the recommendation.

To be certain, let me suggest that you call Bill Panzer, an experienced member of the NORML Legal Committee from Oakland and someone who is an expert in this area. Here is his contact information.

(510) 834-1892
wgpanzer@earthlink.net

I have copied Bill with this note.

Regards,

Keith Stroup, Esq.
NORML Legal Counsel
keith@norml.org
Marijuana Law Reform - NORML
Los Angeles, CA
Act now for discount rooms and reduced registration costs...
Special 'Student' and 'Senior Citizen' discounts available
Marijuana Law Reform - NORML / 888-67-NORML

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:angel:03 +1000
To: <norml@norml.org>
Subject: help please

please help us find all information possible for a very dear friend of ours, who has court on monday morning.

rumor has it, a California medical marijuana patient/defendant has the right to decline answering a state's attorney or judge's request in court, for their condition in which they use cannabis...

does anyone have any info on this, confirming this rumor?

thanks

Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.487 / Virus Database: 269.13.22/1015 - Release Date: 18/09/2007 11:53 AM

Back
Top Bottom