Seeking the best strain for my environment

Willko491

I know this is kinda early, but I seem to be obsessed with looking for the "perfect strain" for my outdoor grow next year. I do have 4 reg Afghani seeds and 2 feminized Delhaze that I got free with my Autos that are currently in week 5. My climate is subtropical and our summers hare most;ly upper 90s. I don't think the afghani and delhaze are going to like it very much so they are my secondary plants ( just for experiment).

That being said, I want a Sativa or Sativa dominant hybrid that does well with minimal input. I have narrowed it down to Jamaican Pearl, and 3 strains from Mandala ( satori, Mandala #1 and Kalichakra)

Has anyone run any of these that could confirm if the Mandala claims are actually true? I am leaning toward one of the Mandala strains because of the minimal input required. One thing for sure, I can hardly sleep thinking about it all.

Hey man, just a heads up that IMO, don't pay attention to any of the flowering time predictions of Mandala seeds. I have used them several times and every single time my plants have taken at least a third longer to flower than what they claim. I ran a Number 1 last year which didn't finish until late November when Mandala claim it is late September finisher. What bullshit! The whole plant rotted to crap as well by then so if you have a lot of rain in the fall like we do here in the UK, well then there's no point in risking it, trust me. It's very prone to bud rot and a mid-late finisher so unless you live in soCal or Southern Spain, don't bother.

I also ran 3 Jamaican Pearl's the year before and all 3 hermied on me, none badly, but all produced at least some seeds with one producing close to 100. This was under perfect conditions, top notch care, good soil, no pests, although there was a big difference in daytime (85F) to nighttime temp (50F) but saying that none of my other 20+ plants hermied so I blame the company and seed genetics...

I've ran a Satori as well which I got for free in last year's seed order. Again it took way longer to finish flowering than advertised, 12 weeks compared to the 8 weeks that Mandala claim. But it did manage to survive 10+ frosts and temps down to 28F with little to no damage proving it is very cold hardy. What did fuck it over tho was bud rot when the November rains came. I chopped her early December and she was about 50% rotted. Again, it would have done fine in a drier climate, so if you get a lot of rain in the fall, don't bother with it.

What you need to do is breed your own seeds to suit your climate and the high you want. Here in the UK at 51N we don't hit 12/12 until mid Sep which is way too late to start flowering since first frost is usually early-mid October! That pretty much leaves a 4 week flowering window to get shit done which is near impossible. So photoperiods don't finish in time and Autoflowers don't yield enough and have below par potency which is why I have crossed my own best super auto (Easy Sativa) with a photoperiod (Blue Widow) and then crossed it back with an actual auto (West Coast OG). The result is a 'super auto' that has a 4-5 month lifespan, flowers regardless of light cycle at 10 weeks of age (starts flowering late July for me) and it is mould and frost resistant due to long, spaced out branches. Perfect for UK conditions.

WHITE BLUEBERRY HAZE (Super Auto)
(Easy Sativa x Blue Widow x West Coast OG Autoflower)
Type - 80% Sativa / 15% Indica / 5% Ruderalis
THC Potency - 15-20%
Yield - 4 to 9 ounces
Flowering - 7 weeks (Early Sep finish)
Height - 4 meters if not trained & topped
Type of high - Buzzy head high, trippy & almost psychedelic but turns into a heavy body stone after 30 mins. Long lasting (2 hrs+).
Notes - Mould resistant & frost tolerant to 25F. Proven by vigorous testing and the plants going dormant in December and restarting growth in April, surviving the winter with lowest temp of 20F...

Just develop your own stock dude to suit your requirements. Its tedious but so worth it.

In subtropical climate you need pure sativas, man! Check what Ace and Cannabiogen have in stock. You won't be disappointed.

Guerilla Dr- thatnsounds awesome. I would defenitly like to develop my own strain someday. I would like to get a few seasons under my belt before I jump into something like that . My area's average rain totals are 3 , 4.5 and 3.5 for sept, oct and nov respectively . Is that too much? Not sure how much you speak of when you talk about the uk rain.
I appreciate that advice though. I know I have a lot of learning to do. My first crop is flowering now (candy kush auto) and they will not be yielding much. I planted too late ( end of August ) and I over watered and fert too early.

well, im in the pacific northwest, usa. i make a point, to plant fast finishers. 8 weeks. right now, i have two new strains for me, four seedlings, in cups. fems. two are hollands hope, two are frissian dew. i also have two fem dinafem og kush, that claims to be an early finisher. i usually plant about may 10. harvest, last of sep, first week of oct. the larger the hole you dig, the bigger the plant will be. and hence, yield. i like a hole at least four feet across, and maybe 18 inches deep. filled with good potting soil. i also had one last year, in a 3 ft hole. and, one, in a 25 gal pot. from the four ft hole, i got about 24 oz. from the two ft, about half that, and the pot, about half that. so. the size of the root system, has more effect on size and yield, than anything else, put togeather. was thinking, of a dwc outdoor, using a 25 gallone tub. wonder how big that sucker would get?
PA060379.JPG
PA060380.JPG

Back
Top Bottom