SEIU Backs Proposition 19 Pot Legalization In Great Score For Legalizers

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Take your mouth off the bong and cheer, you legal pot advocates, because this is a good score: One of the state's biggest and most powerful unions, the Service Employees International Union, has endorsed Proposition 19, the November ballot initiative that would legalize pot and its cultivation and distribution. The union has 700,000 members in California.

A big segment of the SEIU? Nurses and other health care workers. If nurses are OK with pot, why can't we all be?

The union president told the Yes On Prop. 19 campaign that most of the union's efforts are directed at getting Jerry Brown elected governor but "but we look forward to joining you in any way we can to help pass Proposition 19." The union believes taxing pot could be a source of revenue that would mitigate the fiscal crisis.

We can't imagine SEIU devoting much in the way of resources to Prop. 19. With the budget crisis, the union has more important matters to attend to.

But as Adam Nagourney points out in The New York Times, the SEIU is a nice stamp of legitimacy that counteracts all the law enforcement agencies and elected officials of both parties who have come out against Prop. 19. This could allow other groups to feel more free to come forward. Game on.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: laweekly.com
Author: J. Patrick Coolican
Copyright: 2010 LA Weekly, LP
Website: SEIU Backs Proposition 19 Pot Legalization In Great Score For Legalizers

this seems like good news for prop 19, I went to SEIU website to see what there about and I was impressed, personally, but they said in this report that "most of the union's efforts are directed at getting Jerry Brown elected governor"
he is opposed to prop 19 from what I have read.

this seems like good news for prop 19, I went to SEIU website to see what there about and I was impressed, personally, but they said in this report that "most of the union's efforts are directed at getting Jerry Brown elected governor"
he is opposed to prop 19 from what I have read.

The SEIU is huge. The UFCW and other unions have jumped on board also, and the news keeps getting better (they send assloads of mailers telling their members how to vote). Jerry Brown has publically opposed prop 19, but his language in opposition has never been as strong as Meg Whitman's. She has made the topic a running platform on her website.

REGISTER TO VOTE PEOPLE!!!
Voter Registration - Elections & Voter Information - California Secretary of State

KEEP STEVE COOLEY AWAY FROM THAT ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE!!
:yummy:

yep, brown is opposed. i remember when the guy was a bit of a radical back in the day. i guess he sold out.

No Jerry Brown didn`t sell out the backers of prop 19 are the sell outs! Prop 19 is all about a few people getting rich instead of many,many family growers making a living. It tries to give so many consessions in it`s taxes,Regulations,and Controls it could be regarded as terrorist against marijuana smokers! It`s just "pothetic" that so many people could be fooled by so few ! Please don`t vote for this crap law in November! Smoke a fatty and clear your mind then think about it again before you cast your vote!

mark do you add anything to the 420 magazine community other than more FUD?

please tell us all why you would want to see my mom go to jail for growing herb?

mark do you add anything to the 420 magazine community other than more FUD?

please tell us all why you would want to see my mom go to jail for growing herb?

I think my oposing prop 19 in Cali is a great contribution to 420 mag!

I don`t want your mom in jail for growing marijuana! Nobody should do time behind bars for what God has clearly given mankind! Why do you want Her to be Taxed,Regulated,and Controlled by thoughs who would have her behind bars? :Rasta:

Markcastle, dude, seriously, are you like a major competitor of his? Let him make his money and you smoke a fattie and laugh at everyone enjoying it legally.

This is my state and I care about it! I have kids and grandkids here and want to see more responsible marijuana laws passed for the good of the people not just for Richard Lee and his gang! I am in favor of passing better laws making marijuana legal but not if it puts our youth or anyone else behind bars and with a criminal record like prop19 does! I don`t want uncontrolled taxes on marijuana and the lest control and regulation and more freedom to the people the better! Remember what America was all about? Low taxes and freedom!

This is my state and I care about it! I have kids and grandkids here and want to see more responsible marijuana laws passed for the good of the people not just for Richard Lee and his gang! I am in favor of passing better laws making marijuana legal but not if it puts our youth or anyone else behind bars and with a criminal record like prop19 does! I don`t want uncontrolled taxes on marijuana and the lest control and regulation and more freedom to the people the better! Remember what America was all about? Low taxes and freedom!

Dude if you care about Cali why don't you read the PROP before you run your mouth strait .....FUD

Just curious what happens to our kids if they are caught at a party drinking(taking for granted most cops are assholes) CRIMINAL RECORD!!!! DUH logic failing captain loosing argument, starting to look ....

If you grow your own there will be no tax. if you are medical there will be no tax. when 19 passes kids will be safer due to less probable cause for LEO to conduct searches based on smelling or seeing pot and pot realted items.

If we wait for your Utopian bill to come your grand kids will be adults with kids of their own...

contributing to the 420 community is much more than opposing one bill and posting fact less BS about it...

care to site some statistics to back up your claims of increased arrest? or is this just more flyby FUD strafing.

youd prefer to see growers still go to jail until a perfect bill or kids come up...one that would never pass due to the lack of age restrictions?

Back
Top Bottom