Self-watering system

Hebrewdiver

I will be away from my girls on vacation for 10 days and not sure if I have someone to water them for me while I'm gone. Does anyone know of a good self watering system? have some blumat mini cones but not sure if they work well. Any suggestions.

Hey Turbo what are you using for a reservoir or water supply?

I've been using Auto-Pots for years with good results but its costy. I've gone away for
as long as 21 days without needing to do anything. It's a bottom watering system.

Can use the 4gal system they use plants wont get too large. The XL is 7.5 gal and all my plants get huge in those containers. By huge I'm talking 8' or taller.

Hey Turbo what are you using for a reservoir or water supply?

I've been using Auto-Pots for years with good results but its costy. I've gone away for
as long as 21 days without needing to do anything. It's a bottom watering system.

Can use the 4gal system they use plants wont get too large. The XL is 7.5 gal and all my plants get huge in those containers. By huge I'm talking 8' or taller.
I already have my plants in 5 gallon bucket how will auto pots help me? I need a system that I can incorporate into my grow now. I’m in flower and don’t want to try repotting

HD - I Can't say, prolly wont help you.

I'm just sharing with you what works for me.

I wanted to see if a 5gal Homer bucket fits the AutoPot XL

IF you buckets look like that. You just need to drill holes in the btm and sides.

Nice submersible pump. Be cool to have it auto turn on like a switch attached to a float. Something I've been thinking about off and on.

My setup I have a RO filter hooked up that I have to turn on the water and fill my 80gal res usually only have to fill it weekly and spray for mites every other day ffs this time of year.

We are going away for several days here again. So will be leaving my girls to their own devices.

Even IF they run out of water it takes the plants 2-3 days to get droopy maybe even longer. We won't be gone that long.
The hotter the temps the faster they drink. So its cooling down here finally so they can go 10 days right now with a full res. @ 25-30ish days in flower. When they get closer to harvest they drink a lot more water so I'm filling the res more often say every 4-6 days down the stretch.

I'll check out your journal. I'm prolly sub'd up there already! lol

Nice, 80 gals would be great. Mine get multiple irrigation cycles throughout the day, if I have to be gone I just reduce the frequency of irrigation enough to make it last. They are in Coco so they're fine for a couple days of reduced water.

Yeah I've played around with putting a float switch on it but I want to move the grow into a different room so I've kept everything temporary so far.

I see in the pic you have a timer for the pump. I guess that SOP with hydro turbo buckets (sorry don't know what they are called).

That looks pretty cool actually. I might look at doing that. Be cheaper than AutoPots for sure. A lot cheaper.

Temporary grow rooms. Our flower room has been set up temporary for 5 years now. lol
I even set up the tent upside down and said after the setup, fuckit its only temporary.

Out grown it now so we off to larger greener pastures for the fall season.

Nothing special, just drain to waste using Coco for the medium and fabric pots. Yup 3 minute run cycle at lights on and every 2 hours after that. 5 minute cycle 4 hours before lights out no irrigation after that. Easily adaptable to whatever water requirements a setup may have.

Nothing special, just drain to waste using Coco for the medium and fabric pots. Yup 3 minute run cycle at lights on and every 2 hours after that. 5 minute cycle 4 hours before lights out no irrigation after that. Easily adaptable to whatever water requirements a setup may have.
Turbo that sound awesome I would like to try and build myself. Would you mind sharing with me the parts and procedures. Basically what would it cost. I’m growing in soil.

Sure it's gonna have to be adapted to your situation but it's a pretty simple basis.

I use a submersible pump from the hydro store, (260gph?) and 12 outlet manifold from Cannabis irrigation supply. The kit they sell contains most of the fittings you'll need, I added an inline filter and some ball valves so I can easily remove and clean the tank and pump.

I can dig for the pictures later but there are some in my build thread, I'll try to find a page number for you

Edit: page number 80-81 has some pics

TB - man I love your avatar. I could use one of those for my pu truck (tacoma v6 lexus version) and my flower room. lol

Thanks for the tip and link to you build. Thats simple and effective. What I like.

The ones I currently have are "century heavy duty timer". Digital controlled, separate or shared schedule for each outlet, allows 8 cycles, programmable by day.

They seem ok. One has held up fine, the other one the outlet number one relay doesn't release so it's always on. I use them for lights and pumps

Nice, I actually have one of those in my VEG room. It's actually held up pretty good compared to other timers I've burnt up.

I use 20amp pool pump timers now but they only work for lights. Not programmable for pumps. Those small submersible pumps should use a lot of voltage?? So should be great for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom