Semi Newbie First LED Grow With Coco

Blinkflag

420 Member
Hi Guys, :welcome:

This is going to be my first grow using LED lights and coco coir/perlite 50/50 as a medium.
Any advice or Info along the way is much appreciated! :thumb:

My Setup:

1m x 1m x 1.8m Mylar Tent
4" Intake fan which is fed through the bottom duct hole
4" RAM Inline mixed flow fan (Exhaust Fan) feeding out the top hole of the tent.
4"Carbon Filter attached directly to the Exhaust Fan.
(Both Fan and Filter are inside the tent).
2 x 6" Clip-On Fans.
Ram 5L Humidifier
Temperture/Humidity Meter

Mars Hydro TS1000W (which im ordering today)
Am i missing anything else?

My Seeds:

1 x Critical (feminized)
3 x G13 Haze (bag seed)

Medium & Nutes:

Canna CocoPro Plus
Perlite
Canna Coco A & B
Canna CalMag

Germination:

Paper towel method, which was successful with 3/4 seeds so far.

Seedling Stage:

Ok... So I've put the sprouted seeds into yoghurt pots, the (Critical and 2 Haze) sprouted nicely, just waiting for the 3rd Haze to sprout.
They in a mix of compost and perlite. When they grow a bit bigger I'm going to transplant these into bigger square pots (5.5L)

They popped up 2 days ago and have since been on the windowsill while I'm preparing area and waiting for the light before i move into the tent.
The yoghurt pots were clear pots so i wrapped some paper around them temprarily to keep the light away from the roots, messy i know...

Transplanting:

Right this is what my idea is, please... if you think I'm doing anything wrong, your advice is welcomed.

When i move from the yoghurt pots to the 5.5L pots, I'm going to being using Canna Coco Coir Pro Plus / Perlite in a 50/50 mix.
i'm planning to Veg for 7-8 weeks. And then at this point i want to up-pot to 11L pots with Coco and perlite again.
Would this be ok when i switch to Flower? Will a Rootball form to much in 8 weeks?

Light Cycle:

For Veg I will be doing 18/6
For Flower i will use 12/12
----------------------------------------
Right ok so I'm going to Veg using the Mars Hydro TS1000W LED Grow Light, Now im thinking when i switch over to the flower cycle (12/12) shall i switch to HPS 400W, using a Dual Spectrum bulb?
The only reason of this thought, is that could maybe produce more bud? i might be wrong...

Also Once i transplant from the yoghurt pots to the 5.5L that is when i intend to give them thier first feed of nutrients, Until them i will just feed them water, should only be a week or less...What you guys reckon?

What's yer water pH, don't see it mentioned

I started right away with 1/4 strength nutes watered daily
So sooner the better to get them rolling correctly

1m x 1m x 1.8m isn’t going to be big enough for 4 plants on 7-8 week veg IMO.
A good rule of thumb is 2’x2’ spacing for each plant. You plants will double/triple in size after flip.

Couple of helpful charts...
6.2-6.5 for soil. I forget what yer running.
Really depends on what you drift is... up/down.
6E4CBFC8-2B5E-4F5F-ADB8-35C417787F35.png

72894C63-6FF6-45BB-9EFA-F0D5C748BC1A.jpeg

Couple of helpful charts...
6.2-6.5 for soil. I forget what yer running.
Really depends on what you drift is... up/down.
6E4CBFC8-2B5E-4F5F-ADB8-35C417787F35.png

72894C63-6FF6-45BB-9EFA-F0D5C748BC1A.jpeg
Ah.. I see now. Coco
In that case you follow the hydro chart from what I’ve heard. No experience there though. I grow in organic so it’s not really a big deal for me.

I'm gonna wait till

I'm gonna aim for my PH to be between 5.8 to 6.5

5.8 is ideal ph for coco. Your on the nose with that one.

I know it may be a simple concept to some, but you’d actually be amazed. You have poked holes in the bottoms of your yogurt cups right? Lol I’m sure you have. Sounds like a fun grow. Your well on your way to a successful grow!! :thumb:

get some cal-mag if you don't have it. led pulls piles more cal-mag out than hps.

Welcome, I'm gonna to get :lot-o-toke: and watch your grow. :popcorn:

Have fun and green days to you. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom