Senator Kerry graded on Medical Marijuana

Legalize It!

I don't have AIDS, CANCER OR ANY OTHER DISEASE that would allow me to get medical marijuana. So my question is WTF about us. You have to be on your death bed in order to burn a joint. WTF is that all about. FORGET MEDICAL MARIJUANA... LEGALIZE IT ALL. TAX IT!

peace
DJDread@itsReggae.com

Big Blunt

Fact of the matter is, it's time for America to stop living so ass-backwards. As solid as our Constitution is, the document itself is a symbol of change. Which is what we need. A change. I'll say right now that Kerry is shady around the edges. But this is an opportunity to change and I'm going to grab it by the horns like the mad cow I am. We need to stop moping over terrorist attacks and stubbornly trying to McDonaldize the rest of the fucking world. That's not timely, necessary or even sensible. We need to keep going on, not slipping in this quicksand of federal deficit, soldier casualties and unrationally conservative decisions and say "Well, that old Bush boy..bless his heart, he's doing the best job he can." Fuck that. I don't believe in partisanship, and I'm not a Democrat, but Bush's first term in no way, shape or form could possibly merit a second one. And if you beg to differ, then differ away.

DJDread, your post is ripe with innacuricies and ignorace of medicla marijuana. I am NOT on my death bed, nor am I close to dying, and I have a medical recomendation for marijuana use. Nowehere in proposition 215 does it state that you have to ahve a specific illness, all that is required is that you siffer from pain, and marijuana helps. Medical Marijuana has already been legalized in 9 states, and is the BEST chance for recreational users. THe best thing YOU can do, is educate yourself on what medical marijuana is, if your state has it, and if not, become the catalyst for change and get active in creating or setting tino motion the creation of laws that WILL allow for the medical use of marijuana. Apathy and wishfull thinking wont do SHIT for change, only active participation and activism will result in what you want ;-)
-PM

personally i like the idea of having more parties to choose from. a couple of countries in europe have dozens of parties, mostly because their populations are so splintered--many different cultures within the same border. They form weak coalitions to get things passed, so sometimes you see strange things, like a "green party" group working with neocons to push the labor group a certain direction.

having one party ("republicrat"), like the US has, is kind of depressing. 51% of the population jabbers and makes noise while the other 49% are locked out, which is exactly how I've felt the last four years...locked out. If elected, I hope Kerry does a better job bringing people together. America is strongest as a big team with a large middle class, not split politically, as we are now.

Kerry will have a hard time doing much for pot. I do think he will honor his word and pull back the DEA busts in MM states. Unfortunately the big drug companies are very against MM, because it's a frickin' weed that grows like crazy, preferably all over your backyard. How are they going to sell people $200 a month of addictive painkilling drugs when those same people can grow pot for free and feel better? So the med companies will lobby against legalizing weed.

I've heard Clinton was very, very close to attempting legalization at the end of his second term...not sure if that rumor is true or not. He might have pulled back to keep a controversy from affecting Gore's run...a lot of good that did.

Turtle, you're one hyperdriven dude.
Alls I got to say about the upcoming election is this: I'm glad I live in Canada.

Woohoo now we'll be even more dependant on weed to do our natural duties....YAY!!!

I have a corneal eye disease that makes it impossible for me to live a normal life. Im glad that YOU dont suffer from such ailemnts, which allows you to make such an ignorant and insensitive statement. Without the nausia and pain dulling effects of marijuana, I wouldnt even be able to be outside for more than 5 minutes. I used to live an extremely active life, INCLUDING serving my country in the military. So excuse me, but yes, I DO depend on Marijuana to do natural duties, do you have a fucking problem with that? What an ignorant statement you just made. Its too bad I cant give you my eyes for a fucking DAY, then we'd see how dependant on marijuana, the only drug that relieves all of my symptoms, it is nessicary for me to be. And while I cant speak for others, I can imagine people with severe depression, social anxiety dfisorders, pain disordrs, and other ailments, feel the same way. What, excatly, do you find wrong with people using marijuana in their daily, "natural" activities, especially if marijuana helps them to engage in those activites in THE FIRST PLACE?

We truly don't know if things will be all heavenly good , anyhow, if weed were legalized.

That's not the fucking point, AT ALL. Its not weather things will be "good" or "bad", but weather or not the illegality of marijuana is RIGHT, JUSTIFIED! There is NO evidence to support the illegality of marijuana, especially when it helps so many people. Theres nothing good or bad about someone lighting up a joint, same as its not good or bad if someone takes a shot of whiskey. What the hell does that have to do with the issue at ALL? With that logic, we should never allow ANY new drugs to be released into the market, for fear of the unknown social effects? And what, in your opiion, is a reasonable amount of time for study on the effects if it were legalized? THe FDA approves numerous new drugs for public consumption DAILY, yet marijuana has been shelved for over 70 years. Obviousley, the drug issue extends MUCH farther than "is it good or bad", centering around government sponsored programs that feed billions of dollars BACK into government, which is largely unaccountable for (the drug war), big companies who's interests would be highly threatened were marijuana to become legal (Tobaco and Cotton, just to name two), and centuries of fear and outright lies (Marijuana makes you insane, it makes you crazy, it makes men grow tits, etc) propogated by the religous right, based on nothing but PURE MYTH, and a whole hearted REJECTION of modern science and studies done on the drug. The issue of "will it be good or bad' ois incredibly naive and irrelevant to the legalization issue. We already have seen what a decriminalized populace will do. Its called AMSTERDAM. THeir city has not been egnulfed by flames. And why should a plant ne CRIMINALIZED in the first place, iof theres no reason for it top be unlawful in the first place?

What if a president was using legalization/decriminlization/etc. as a way to throw people(pot-smokers mainly) off his bad intentions...? I'm sure a lot of pot-lovers would probably only care about that and would immediately vote for that president(not all of-course but from all of my friends that I've asked they usually said "Hell yeah I would, who cares about the other crap as long as weed is legal"... the answer would always be the that way or similar).

Dude, are you for real? Have you ever picked up a newspaper PRIOR to 3 weeks ago? HELLO!! Dennis Kuchinich anyone??? He was a democratic nominee for president this year, and voted for TOTAL legalization/decrim of marijuana and ALL other drugs. I'd dont see him in the race now, do you? He was one of the LOWEST earners of votes for his party. Obviousley, your theory of stoners being a buch of fucking retards and voting fort anyone who mentions full decrim is bunk. WHile I would certainly support a candidate who believed in full decrom, I wouldn't follow the candidate if his/her record and OTHER views ran contrary to the good of America. I'm certain everyone else here who knows anyting about politics feels the same way.
-PM

cinbad64635 said:
Whatever Kerry has said about the drug issues is irrelevent. He is a liar! plain and simple he will say whatever to whomever to ensure he has your vote. we cannot let him into office. I truley believe it will be our downfall.
bush would do the same, buddy... they both suck... but kerry will let me smoke legally with a medical reason.

The Rep's have always cut taxes and increased spending because that's good for the rich folks, the Dem's have always tried to tax the rich to support domestic spending on popular social programs while paying down the public debt by cutting military and federal spending.
But no President will ever legalize the bud, congress won't let them because then the kickbacks from the marijane exporting contries will stop and their little cash wells will all go dry. :eek:
Bush is a wuss, he wasn't elected the first time, he stole the election in Fla. with Jeb doing the slimy work for him by screwing the voters in the biggest county in the state. And he hasn't told even a half truth in 4 yrs.
Kerry is just full of himself and alot of hotair but then so is any other politician.
No one ever ran for President because he wanted to do what was right (except maybe Peroe, and the jury's still out on him) it's all about power.
This years choices are;
BoyGeorge, he'll turn Iraq into another Vietnam just to prove a point.
and Kerry the Clown, he'll make you laugh while disarming our military as they come home from Iraq.

420comic said:
Florida's going to the democrats this election

A great thing, democracy...this election might have a record turnout, I sure hope so. People are getting involved.

If anyone is reading this and is a US citizen, and you are entitled to vote (but are not registered by election day) YOU CAN STILL VOTE!!

This is a fairly new federal law called "provisional balloting". They let you vote and verify your eligibility afterward. In many states you must go to the proper precinct, tho, that's the only hitch. Might have to call the registrar's office or ask a neighbor where to go.

"SMOKE THE VOTE!"
Big Blunt

Hawker said:
um, you might want to re-think that after you read this....i dont support bush either really, but if i had to pick, wel read on...
In reviewing your list, Kerry apparently doesn't like mixing religion and politics (Bush does) and Kerry doesn't support the neocon gun whackos (Bush does). Uhm, okay. You've made my choice easier!

As far as Kerry flip-flopping, he's been a senator for 20 years. That's the way the process works--lots of give 'n' take and vote changes. All Bush ever did was sign or veto bills others wrote and sent to him. Being a governor is not exactly a tough job.

Gun control? You mean the failure of the republican congress and executive to reinstate the assault weapon ban? You've got to be kidding--90+ percent of all police organizations were for that ban. In general, the best firearm for home defense is a shotgun...for personal defense a pistol. They will be legal to buy and own for decades. The only people who buy assault rifles are hardcore collectors and hardcore criminals. It just makes sense that full auto be disabled for collectors. Sorry, but there is a public safety concern there.

I know a lot of people around here dislike law enforcement for obvious reasons, and maybe a few would like to see them hurt, but I've had a few officers treat me decently (and yes a couple of them "tested me" with their psych stuff, annoying) but I've never met a cop that I'd want to see face hardcore military weapons in a bust. Screw that! There are better ways of dealing with the pot laws than buying full auto AKs.

...like electing Kerry!

Hawker said:
fuck kerry....Nader.

one of my dreams is to meet kerry's wife and say 'high thereeeeesa' instead of fucking thereza......she changed the pronunciation at age 20....thats like pronouncing david daveed.....dont mind me.

Who gives a shit how she pronounces her name!

If you vote for Nader you might as well vote for Bush directly! Nader is a Republican patsy, he's a wild card encouraged to run this year by his own stupidity! Any vote for him takes away a vote from Kerry and gives one to Bush.

ee99ee said:
While the medicinal use of marijuana is a very important issue to me, there are many more important issues that need to be considered when casting a vote. It's not possible to find a president who is going to be perfect and see everything exactly as we see. I think this election is more about damage control than anything, personally -- which candidate is going to do the least amount of damage over the next 4 years? While I'm neither a republican nor a democrat (I'm libertarian), I think Bush will be the safest bet.

The beauty of our country is that we can choose. Long live democracy.
what bush has done to this country this past four years, and you say he is the safest bet? he is bad for the environment, he took the best enconomy ever and turned it to shit, he is sending americans to die in iraq for a no good cause, not to mention all the anti pot comercials on t.v., and I am one of the millions of americans who lost health insurance, and will probablybe layed off in the next couple weeks. how am I supposed to provide for my wife and three kids? we cant afford four more years of bush!!!

I believe she pronounces her name like that because she is from South Africa.

cinbad64635 said:
Whatever Kerry has said about the drug issues is irrelevent. He is a liar! plain and simple he will say whatever to whomever to ensure he has your vote. we cannot let him into office. I truley believe it will be our downfall. I don't like Bush either but when it comes to the lesser of 2 evils I think Bush is too the safer bet. Kery is gainning the upper hand in this election and Bushes approval rating was down as of this morning. Its not looking good for us folks. Who cares if smoking pot is legal if we are in a nucleor holocost.
Yea... and Bush didn't lie about ANYTHING important... :icon_roll

Back
Top Bottom