Seniors First Grow Bag Seeds: 600W LED Grow Light, 6 Sq Ft Tent

That net was a pain. I forgot i had dowels.

I trimmed some of the leaves blocking bud sites. Not too many.

Took the net off once and for all. The dowels will keep them from crowding others. I used my wires to put the stick where i want it and clothes pinned it to the stick.

0207192107.jpg
0207192113.jpg

That net was a pain. I forgot i had dowels.

I trimmed some of the leaves blocking bud sites. Not too many.

Took the net off once and for all. The dowels will keep them from crowding others. I used my wires to put the stick where i want it and clothes pinned it to the stick.
Now you know what I'm going to say... what the fuck are the big ass dirty fan leaves still doing on there... get them lower ones culled, I'm seeing way to many down in the shade, doing naff all....

But those bud site are looking magnificent... lets get all the power redirected diverted and devoted to those bud sites now.

My culls are proof that the girls love it...

Left plant before and after culling.. 2 days between photos
20190209_092656.jpg
20190207_151512.jpg

And the plant on me right. 20190209_092701.jpg20190207_151518.jpg

Now you know what I'm going to say... what the fuck are the big ass dirty fan leaves still doing on there... get them lower ones culled, I'm seeing way to many down in the shade, doing naff all....
But those bud site are looking magnificent... lets get all the power redirected diverted and devoted to those bud sites now.
Left plant before and after culling.. 2 days between photos
And the plant on me right.
Is the idea on the trim to move the growth of the fan leaves higher on the branches?

LOL avtr you know how i razz you on your journal about you scissor handing your poor girls :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mine are all getting light without stripping the girls, by letting them stretch for the light. I think one of them might be a more sativa hybrid, because it it still stretching and I am pretty sure it's been 3 weeks in flower.

How long do they stretch?

Also, Avtr did you save your leaves?

I know commercially they use leaves to make edibles, but is there enough cdb in them now? I didn't save any. Then again I only get a handful.

If nothing is blocking bud sites, I'm going to let her have at it. I have fans in there circulating with good airflow. I did put my humidifier back in there when humidity dropped to 32 overnight. I didn't let it get above 50rh in there with it and temps about 72-80f. I noticed the pistals perked up with the added humidity and started reaching straight up, so I guess that's what they needed.

i love how this plant lets you know what it needs. MUCH easier than growing veggies outdoors. We have had a summer veggie garden for 13 yrs here and in those years the high PH of the city water has raised the soil PH to about 8. Heavy amounts of sulphur will take a couple years to correct. Tried straw bale gardening and did better, but watering with city water gave us a small crop.

I'm not about to ph my outdoor garden water, but indoors i have control. I will say though that PH'g the water is the biggest bitch of indoor growing lol. I dread filling gallon bottles :reading420magazine:

Avtar, I only removed fan leaves that were covering bud sites in the middle of the pot to give them light to stretch. They have all caught up now. The dowels hold the bigger main nodes to the outside so that entire branch can get light below to the bottom of the main branches. With the dowels and no net I can adjust as needed daily. I think I'm doing it right. Just a different technique.

I know commercially they use leaves to make edibles, but is there enough cdb in them now? I didn't save any. Then again I only get a handful.
Unless you have a high CBD plant there won't be CBD anywhere in it. When fan leaf oil is used for edibles (not commercially as it would be very weak in terms of THC), you need bags-full of leaves to get enough THC in them to feel anything in what you eat. You can save your leaves and put them in salad or on pizza if you like. There are good cannabinoids in them.
With the dowels and no net I can adjust as needed daily.
This is exactly what you needed to do! No net is perfect.

Hey dudes and dudettes.
Is the idea on the trim to move the growth of the fan leaves higher on the branches?

My idea is to keep all fan leaves above my canopy line if they are not obstructing... but the idea with the strips are to promote the growth into new colas and bud sites only....

So from what I've been reading, the fan leaves are 100% needed for the 1st month of the plants life until it is established.. as the plants supply thier own growth hormones and nutrients.. when we cut the main stems dominance we are the going for nodal growth only really.. So every 10 days all the fan leaves that are not connected to new growth gets culled... this is because they are wasting energy. The fan leaves are storing energy and nutrients in preparation for the day it runs out of drink lower down in the medium. On those dry days it has what it needs to last a long time. All it's sugars and nutrients stored for a rainy day.. but we are providing nutrients as regular as the girls need anyway, so no need to store it's food when we supply a direct line of food 24/7.

So these leaves are wasting energy getting bigger to store more foods that the will never actually need. The idea is to not let the plant waste time vegging unnecessary growth... whoever there is a fine line. You have to wait for the new model growth to be established before culling it's fan leaf otherwise you'll harm the new node.. there are a few things alive learnt from doin all this... we need to give reparation time and you must not cull the fan leaves to soon...

Everything I have done to my 0lants the last 2 month they have still build through mightier then before.. my only problem was I fucked up the seedling stage messing around figuring out how I wanted my system to be. Now I've sorted that out next time round in expecting 10fold greater yield

Avatr, how many bud sites are on there?!! I havnt counted yet buddy!!

quick question, are all those bud sites going to be huge colas, or are many of them going to be popcorn buds? Is the growth of the bud dependent on what node it is on, or will they all be big colas?

I'll digg a photo up of my last grow that turned out a similar way. My biggest nugg in that grow was about 3g and i hadd many nuggs. I pulled about 4oz wet off it..

this stuff fascinates me.
Avtar, I only removed fan leaves that were covering bud sites in the middle of the pot to give them light to stretch. They have all caught up now. The dowels hold the bigger main nodes to the outside so that entire branch can get light below to the bottom of the main branches. With the dowels and no net I can adjust as needed daily. I think I'm doing it right. Just a different technique.

Dude this leaves that are drooping around the rim of your pot are the ones I'm talking about... I'll point them out in a hot second.

I don't want all your fans gone just those high horrible bothers you've tucked way down the bottom.. I bet if you pinch them from the stalk the originate the sucker will be about 5inch long

So ive just had a little count of the ones I can see. I think I'm going to have to have another count because it's more then I think it looks...

60+ on the left plant and 80+ on the right. I didn't count all the Stumpy colas... im hoping each cola hold 2-3 gram dry.. but i really cNt say.
20190210_134915.jpg
20190210_134850.jpg

this is because they are wasting energy. The fan leaves are storing energy and nutrients in preparation for the day it runs out of drink
Aren't the fan leaves providing all the photosynthesis that makes the plant grow? I asked about you moving the leaves higher up the plant because it looked like your plant was spending energy replacing those fans with new leaf growth.

Aren't the fan leaves providing all the photosynthesis that makes the plant grow? I asked about you moving the leaves higher up the plant because it looked like your plant was spending energy replacing those fans with new leaf growth.

All the leaves provide photosynthesis. Not just the fan leaves. But as we get towards the end of the grow you keep mainly the leaves that are growing from the colas..

20190210_144647.jpg

In this photo you can see how the plant creates a fork.. well at each fork those fan leaves get culled

Unless you have a high CBD plant there won't be CBD anywhere in it. When fan leaf oil is used for edibles (not commercially as it would be very weak in terms of THC), you need bags-full of leaves to get enough THC in them to feel anything in what you eat. You can save your leaves and put them in salad or on pizza if you like. There are good cannabinoids in them.

This is exactly what you needed to do! No net is perfect.
YES that's what I am after Cabbinoids. So much is unknown about their medical benefits.

I have been eating a few of them when I trim. Not a whole lot of flavor, but they taste good. Mix it with 2-3" kale and spinach leaves and lettuce. I throw anything and everything in my salads.

Shed ty. I have not looked into recipes yet. One step at a time, but that is my plan. What is the minimum # of leaves that can be used to make something? I imagine the ones that are spent at harvest will only have compost value. ?

OMG Shed!! YES i forgot i had the dowels!! they were sitting on top of the tent. I say "you idiot" to myself all day long :rofl: My husband and I were talking yesterday about how much longer it takes to get anything done as we age. We exhaust ourselves trying to find things... remember what we were doing... It's a mess! Hoping to find a good indica/sativa blend (in the bowl not the plant) for concentration, energy, and muscle, nerve and pain relief.

Back
Top Bottom