Sensi Seeds Northern Lights

Hey there mate, doing alright here thanks. Been at the hostiptal a lot this week for me mums chemo. Stresses me out more than her I think lol

The plants are going alright, getting fatter and starting to brown off a little, Day 48 of 12 12 so at least a week to go most likely 2 weeks.

I'll get some pics up soon mate, gonna head out to the gym now and kick a heavy bag and run around a bit :D

cheers

what a month it has been Dirty, man so very busy and lots of hurdles like injury and sickness preventing me from doing much other than work and garden.

So the story is that I have chopped the NL's over the weekend just gone, I have been sampling it in various stages of wetness due to me being out of buds for a while and being a fiend lol. I gave all my buds to my mum because it gives her instant relief from the chemo woes. Its like magic you know, instant affect on her, she goes from distressed and sick to just melow and relaxed. its amazing actually how much cannabis is helping her.

Anyway so far I dont really like the NL, to me it tastes bitter but my wife says its more pine like so maybe I just don't get on with the terps lol either way it has a good medicinal affect so will defineitly be good for old mum when it is properly dry, hopefully the taste improves also. I will get some pics up I promise guys, I will get something up before shutting down the thread at least.

The next round is under way, day 2 of 12/12 lighting today. full tent already, need to crank out these meds :D

stay tuned for pics over the weekend, full update then I promise :D

cheers

I took a pic of the big tent just now for you Dirty, round 2 on its way and ready to go.

I will clean them up a little and take more cuts by weeks end. I have a half dozen or so rooted cuts from veg time pruning going along also. I am going to pop more seeds also as the hunt for the ultimate plant continues as unless the NL blows me away next run I will be moving on. I have learned that I like more fruity and skunky flavours more than pine and fuel type smells and flavours so far. It is sure fun learning what a like though and I am happy to be able to produce good medicine still. I'll get some buds pics up for you guys on the weekend.

Next seeds to pop will be Ripped Bubba by TGA, hoping for a lemon smelling pheno that is mentioned in the TGA literature. Either way hoping for some good, calming, pain relief from that one later in the year.

Sorry for the delay everyone it has been a hectic time of late.

I have some pics today of the last harvest. These buds and this plant has actually grown on me alot and my love of it increases as it improves each day the buds are in the jar. I find the pine smells and tastes very pleasant now and I really enjoy the complexity of the aromas coming out as it cures.

first here is a pic of just before harvest and then at the time of jarring up

These buds are really good medicine. The high is strong but not to intense. I can function without any pain all day with these buds then indulge a bit more at night and sleep really soundly. I can feel it relaxing my muscles and it does ease the pain of a hard day at work and the gym. For my mum it is a wondrous herb, it helps her keep calm and rest and eat through all the chemo so far. It is funny how my opinion has changed so much on it, seems a good dry and cure does wonders and patience is the key.

oh I almost forgot haha, I made some bho from the trim leaves with a friend recently. It is a gift of pine fresh dankness that is therapeutic in every sense, a real delight to consume.

we are nearing 28 days of 12/12 for round two now and things are moving along well. I haven't got a recent picture but I plan to take more soon so they will make it up here eventually :D

Have a great day, I hope you are with those that you care about most.

Cheers

Hey Grizz and anyone else :D hope you are well and your garden is getting set for the outdoor season.

I took some pics today and found some time so thought to upload them

day 33 or so of 12/12 for round 2 now and things are starting to move along. Got a little bit of a yellow fan leaf that looks a little rusty in the background of one pic I saw. I will add some cal mag to the resi and see if that helps and continue with the sticky trap and gnatural treatment for gnats also in case they are causing the damage. If it gets worse I will get some better pics and seek some help otherwise they seem to be going along fine for now.

Cheers, have a great day.

Looking really good broheim..
seedlings are in pots, soil is waiting for them :) November they'll go into ground.. we getting some nice days but nights are bloody cold still...

Hey Grizz and The Dirty and anyone else :D

It is still cold at night here grizz mate, the weather hints at spring with a nice day or two then its back to winter so I reckon you are on the money with getting plants outside around november. I have taken some extra clones and got them going for my local friend with the means for outdoor fun :D

So it has been just going along here. The only issue has been the veg area with my cheap chinese ballast breaking down and leaving them all lagging behind under only a big 125watt cfl, which is just inadequate for trying to veg up 16 or so clones in a 1.2 m tent. China has been playing silly buggers with honouring the warranty so I guess its a lesson learned from me to invest in proper gear over the temptation of a cheaper chinese price tag.
I have a solution in the works for the situation though and it will be a LED light by these guys
Willkommen bei GGL-GERMAN-GROW-LIGHTS Welcome to GGL - German-Grow-Lights
More about that when the light gets here but let me say that I am excited by what I have seen these lights do and can't wait to try them :D

here is the flower area a few days ago, we are 6 weeks in to 12/12 this time round, I had just finished defoliating the girls so I took a picture

This time I defoliated more than ever before and I will keep experimenting with defoliation through veg and flower from now on. As a newbie indoor grower the nuiances of plant training have been the last things for me to master, not that I am a master at anything yet, far from it.

I hope all is well in your worlds and gardens and that you are doing what you love and with those that matter most.

I will be back soon to show you all the LED lights when they arrive.

cheers

Those light look interesting... Break up into two or four lamps, that's good idea.. what they worth?
Melbourne cups always the time mate to plant the toms and herbs.
I think Coner will get beaten this weekend.. hows your training/fighting going? Hope all is well :passitleft:

Hey mate looking good and nice haircut.

Plant training can be a pain but also very rewarding. I try to get my plants in order training wise through veg then I don't have to worry about it too much in flower.

Spring has broken here so you southerners can wait a little longer. Time to turn the a/c back on.

Keep up the good work mate :Namaste:

*Photobomb*

Hey Grizz and The Dirty and anyone else :D

It is still cold at night here grizz mate, the weather hints at spring with a nice day or two then its back to winter so I reckon you are on the money with getting plants outside around november. I have taken some extra clones and got them going for my local friend with the means for outdoor fun :D

So it has been just going along here. The only issue has been the veg area with my cheap chinese ballast breaking down and leaving them all lagging behind under only a big 125watt cfl, which is just inadequate for trying to veg up 16 or so clones in a 1.2 m tent. China has been playing silly buggers with honouring the warranty so I guess its a lesson learned from me to invest in proper gear over the temptation of a cheaper chinese price tag.
I have a solution in the works for the situation though and it will be a LED light by these guys
Willkommen bei GGL-GERMAN-GROW-LIGHTS Welcome to GGL - German-Grow-Lights
More about that when the light gets here but let me say that I am excited by what I have seen these lights do and can't wait to try them :D

here is the flower area a few days ago, we are 6 weeks in to 12/12 this time round, I had just finished defoliating the girls so I took a picture

This time I defoliated more than ever before and I will keep experimenting with defoliation through veg and flower from now on. As a newbie indoor grower the nuiances of plant training have been the last things for me to master, not that I am a master at anything yet, far from it.

I hope all is well in your worlds and gardens and that you are doing what you love and with those that matter most.

I will be back soon to show you all the LED lights when they arrive.

cheers
Hey with those lights do you what the spectrum is? Couldn't find much data on their website.

Hey guys,

garden is looking great there dirty, very nice indeed mate :D

there is not much info on the website for these lights yet but I have been talking with the owners on instagram and from what I see in there own personal setups they are on teh same level as all the new led's coming out. They are a little cheaper than the hlg units but still more expensive than an old style HID fixture. My 285 watt veg light setup will cost me about 600 aud shipped to my door, thats 150 aud cheaper than the hlg 300 from the local supplier which is basically the same light.
If I am happy with the 285 watt unit I will upgrade the flower area to the 550 watt fixtures. You can choose the spectrum Dirty, either 4000k for veg or 3000k for flower areas.

I think conor will go down also today grizz. My training has been slow, just back into full training again after a knee injury has slowed me down the last few months. It wont be until next year that I go for a match up again but I am glad to be amongst it again training at least.

Cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom