Sensi Seeds - Shiva Skunk

drcannabi

Strain Name — Shiva Skunk — Sensi Seeds

IMG_20140131_200735_542.jpg
IMG_20140212_195406_254.jpg
IMG_20140219_224941_851.jpg

Grow Style - Organic soil and ferts, LED Lights, Stealth closet

Amount Smoked 1/4 joint (.25 grams) - Mrs. Drcannabi and I shared 1/2 joint (This is what's left from yesterday)

IMG_20140305_183105_220.jpg

Price - $118 USD - 10/seeds (shipped to US)

Type — Mostly an Indica Hybrid - 90/10 - Indica/Sativa

Appearance — Normal weed looking (Not too dark or light, a very neutral green). At close look, it will impress any true connoisseur with the trichome production. Bag appeal is a solid 7/10.

Smell — Smells like Sweet Skunk and Columbian brick weed with a hint of forest berries. This has a sweet skunk smell mixed with a nice spice the undertone is of soft berry fruit.

Taste — Tastes like it smells. However, it is EASY on the lungs. I can't make myself cough!

Type of Buzz — Mixed, the most medical strain I've grown to date. It has Great muscle and joint relief. My back pain disappears instantly. Sleep comes almost too fast depending on how much you smoke.

Length of Buzz - 4 + hours

Best Medicinal Use - Insomnia, appetite enhancement, pain relief, anti-anxiety! Yes all of it! CAUTION: You will lose your job if you smoke this before punching the clock. While great for evening toking with the Mrs., and even an occasional movie, this is overpowering MMJ, and if you're asked any question beyond, "Are you alive?", you may find yourself searching for answers for an extended amount of time.

Overall — This is my favorite smoke I've ever grown so far. It's important to note that I am an MMJ patient that has a low tolerance for heart racy, paranoid inducing strains. This strain has NONE of that. It's smooth and easy on the lungs and brain. It is perfectly medicinal for my symptoms (Chronic back pain, degenerative bone disease, and insomnia).

Part 2 — I started this smoke report yesterday and was unable to finish due to the medicinal properties of this MMJ. I woke up to the alarm at 6:00am. Before that I was writing this review. So take that into consideration. This was the first time I've LOST time since I started medicating 2 years ago. Could be a fluke; just be aware that it has that potential.

Part 3 - This strain has nearly no odor when growing unless disturbed. I literally turned off my carbon filters until harvest day.

I think that this is a very worthy old school strain that should be considered by all MMJ patients. I've tried all the newer breeders' strains (available to me) from local and regional dispensaries and I can't imagine keeping this one on the shelf for true MMJ patients. JUST GROW IT! You will be done in your search for the perfect medicinal strain.

Pics from the harvest:
IMG_20140221_212036_493.jpg
IMG_20140221_212024_217.jpg
IMG_20140221_212006_736.jpg
IMG_20140221_211952_608.jpg
IMG_20140221_211932_903.jpg
IMG_20140221_210629_103.jpg
IMG_20140221_210620_531.jpg
IMG_20140221_210554_292.jpg
IMG_20140221_210534_381.jpg

Blessings JJ

I just started using again after 11 years of going without.... anything! No cigs, joints, or alcohol. So the first try was a joint of MK Ultra. I got "heart racy" after 3 or 4 tokes, left the rest for the two dudes there, and went home. Not a totally bad experience but not good either as I've never had a racy panicky heart like you describe in all my ten thousands of times of smoking until then. The second time, after I decided that joints weren't in the cards for me because my lungs were literally shot, was some Headband out of a vaporizer set at 300. One puff... mmmm tasty.... two, three, four, five... oops my innards started telling me "too much" and tried to initiate me going the bathroom or starting my irritable bowel syndrome to cry out! So I knew I should have taken one toke and waited... too much again. So me and my buddy left dudes house, I dropped him off and made it home and went to bed. Another not so cool experience. Which made me wonder if my shot lungs weren't accepting and processing like they used to...(?) So now it's down to eating it. But I still have to leave the door open for smoking from a vaporizer once in a while [after I've gotten used to smoking again]. That is why I like your review on not "heart racy, paranoid inducing strains". I do not have the balls [the lungs] to keep experiencing and suffering that and it is helpful to help weed out [pun not intended] strains that might do this.
Thanks heeps.

I've got those same scissors. Man those things are dangerous with the very sharp tips.

Hi TBob,

Yep, this one is a keeper. It's pretty much all I've been reaching for lately. I am building a tolerance to it so that needs to be considered. The shorter fruit smelling one is a definite keeper. After this WiFi grow I'm going to see what she can do with a full 10 weeks of flower. No paranoid or heart racing effects, but then again, it's not a day wrecker. great social smoke. I highly recommend it!

Peace

JJ

Hi TBob,

Yep, this one is a keeper. It's pretty much all I've been reaching for lately. I am building a tolerance to it so that needs to be considered. The shorter fruit smelling one is a definite keeper. After this WiFi grow I'm going to see what she can do with a full 10 weeks of flower. No paranoid or heart racing effects, but then again, it's not a day wrecker. great social smoke. I highly recommend it!

Peace

JJ

K, thanks. I'm going to try and find some in my area.

Hey T-Bob,

I was able to buy the seeds from the tude. I'd check there or Herbies. I'm going to get this lab tested because I'm thinking it's pretty high in the CBD with less THC due to the medicinal properties. I'll post the results in a couple weeks when I get the results back.

JJ

Hey T-Bob,

I was able to buy the seeds from the tude. I'd check there or Herbies. I'm going to get this lab tested because I'm thinking it's pretty high in the CBD with less THC due to the medicinal properties. I'll post the results in a couple weeks when I get the results back.

JJ

Skywalker is what I have been smoking (vaping), one hit at a time... til I am finally getting used to smoking again.

just got news my heart xray, showed issues in the lungs. like u, i stopped for years. even quit tobacco 8 years ago. now, i have to get a opinion, from a new dr. so., how about if i would have stayed away? too much of anything, is an irritant. if its been for a lont time, well, the odds double. heart dr, who is sending me to this other one, said top of lungs look like "honeycomb". and now, for a hit of nl#5!

Howdy Grayhawk,

I can't recommend this strain enough. Specially if you find the Forest Berry pheno. This pheno has already become a classic with my close friends. Everyone loves it. My problem is that I'm a simple smoke to grow Medical user and I don't have enough to go around. If you find this pheno it's unmistakeable. It smells just like a blueberry pop-tart. Luscious blueberry skunk that you just want to eat it smells so good.

JJ

I looked at this online last nite as a potential wish list buy....you sold me....insomnia,rls,leaky gut,fibro myalgia,naseau,cramps...look at the Medicine man from the seedman.It wont give you any racy but lock the refrigerator cause you will eat everything in it right before you pass out. The indica side is earthy and almost smells like medicine while the sativa side is sweeter.I prefer the sativa as its very cerebral at first and then works you into a deep stone but it (sativa side)does not tolerate humidity at all.

@shatterdabs -- Thanks SD

@passthechips -- I've had a while to reflect on this strain now. I must say, my initial impression has been validated time and time again. I have a dozen or so strains that I've either grown or purchased from a local dispensary and this is the one I always reach for - for medicinal use of pain or anxiety. It is the best I have for that. As soon as you inhale your muscles just relax and a wave of relaxation flows from your head to your toes. I've only got about a OZ left and I use it sparingly. For insomnia the "White" (Indica dominant) pheno of OGR White Fire is devastating. It is the best for that Puff puff - Night Night!

@high Timez -- Thank you sir it is a frost show for sure.

@GreenJini -- Grab it, you will not be disappointed.

Does that really work?i stopped for 15 years bc of paranoia.heart racing and uneasy anxiety.i was thinking of 1 hit of shiva skunk and see what happens but I'm scared?

Does that really work?i stopped for 15 years bc of paranoia.heart racing and uneasy anxiety.i was thinking of 1 hit of shiva skunk and see what happens but I'm scared?

Hi Joe,

I've had more experience now with medical mmj and there are a couple things that I've found are always true for me.

1. Paranoia is not entirely strain dependent - any strain will make my heart race and bring on paranoia if I over do it. Mostly with edibles where dosing can be difficult.

2. My current tolerance is directly related to the level of anxiety I experience when consuming a strain known to cause racyness - the higher my tolerance the less paranoia I experience.

3. My personal experience with any mmj is highly influenced by my current state of mind, body, and mood.

4. In "general" sativas have more potential to cause paranoia than Indicas do. However, I've found some pretty potent sativas that actually reduce anxiety for me.

5. Not all people react the same way to the same strain even if they are everyday users. That's why everyone has there own personal favorite.

With that said, unless you are in a legal state or know and trust someone who grows, there is no way to know what strain you're smoking.

If you can go to a dispensary and talk to the folks in there, just ask them to recommend a beginner strain known for low levels of racyness and paranoia. You want something "not very strong" that treats anxiety.

When you're ready to try it again just take half a toke and ride it out for a while. If it's racy or paranoia inducing, move on and find another strain.

I found most all strains caused me anxiety the first year I was using mmj as treatment. That's how I came up with the 1/2 hit method. To this day, I still implement the one hit method with almost all my strains.

Hope this helps you Joe, but it may not as some people just can't use mmj, it's too overwhelming for them.

Back
Top Bottom