Sensi Skunk - 90 Watt LED Grow

day 87 / day 60 12/12
harvested, because of mold... the mold is at the withered brown hairs/pistils, but not much
day_087_day_060_12-12.JPG
day_087_day_060_12-12-side.JPG
day_087_day_060_12-12-buds.JPG

all buds are dry now, 35 gram it is, every bud has a little mold so i will throw all away, anyway it was fun to grow her, next time i should control the moist in the box and a better airflow out of the box, peace to you all :hippy: and keep up growing public :cheer:
35_gram.JPG

the roots... forgot it to post the last time...
day_087_day_060_12-12-roots.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry to hear you had mold issues with that grow, but not defoliating properly will leed to massive increase in risk of mold. had a guy i was helping. beeged him to defoliate his plants he ended up trowing out a dry weight harvest of more then 1 K becourse his plants "needed" the leafs too according to his beleifs. you could easily defoliate more when using led, plants gets unnatually bushy. Those few brown leafs you got at the bottom are a freaking sponge, when it comes to mold spores. And with lower heat levels and not suffesient airflow in a small led growspace versus a hot ass hps growroom with lots of airflow, that just gives the perfect conditions to mold.

Best of luck with future grows it was i really pretty plant sad it got that Botrytis :(

:Namaste:

Sucks about the mold

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

i think u misunderstood me. the leaf to bud ratio gets unnaturral when only getting specific spectrums of light instread of broad spectrum light like the sun or hps. you can't argue with the facts that LED lamps grows way more bushy plants with a bigger leaf to bud ratio then HPS and natual sunlight does. I have grown plenty years with all methods to see the difference :)

furthermore i had one of those ufo's as well it pulled between 60-70g dried easy. but if you do not defoliate correctly one will not get near that yield under 90w. so its actually just a small friendly advice to give the defoliation a small chance :)

here is to small plants vegged about 5 weeks from seed and put under a lamp with burned lenses that when running uptimal uses just under 100w. these are last day of week 6 tomorrow. they are put in a 8 liter pot so thats 4 liter soil pr plant.

20170211_110054.jpg

here is some other plants made under 100w lamps both from a small soil and dwc grow

20160224_091925.jpg
20151022_132739.jpg
20151022_132751.jpg

20151016_110546.jpg

20151016_110701.jpg
20151018_154057.jpg

that light defoliation regime do work. also i never top my plants, except that last one i only ponytail and tie down to prevent growthstop due to stress. works ok for me. But yeah people gotta find their own regime that fits them the best.

i think u misunderstood me. the leaf to bud ratio gets unnaturral when only getting specific spectrums of light instread of broad spectrum light like the sun or hps. you can't argue with the facts that LED lamps grows way more bushy plants with a bigger leaf to bud ratio then HPS and natual sunlight does. I have grown plenty years with all methods to see the difference :)
If that were true "
LED lamps grows way more bushy plants with a bigger leaf to bud ratio then HPS and natual sunlight does
" then why is it LED growers can hit 2 grams per watt of light? We don't harvest leaves. And HPS has a CRI (color rendering index) of about 20 lol. That's very far from a wide and "full" spectrum light. While newer LED's (COBS) have a color rendering index of up to 97 CRI. 97 CRI is far and away a much more full spectrum then any hps ever thought of. Heck, the low end of COB LED's have a CRI of 70.

For instance, heres a Hortilux spectrum graph...
Hortilux.JPG

Here is a 90 CRI Citizen COB LED.
citi.JPG
I don't think you can say ANY hps is a wider more "full" spectrum light.

dude something is lost in translation here. i think. i mean leds are better than HPS. cus different spectrum is tweaked in them hitting those sweet spots were hps and sun light is more broad spectred giving more useless light compared to the leds. and a bigger heat output with makes plants grow taller less bushy than under led. just my observations over the last ten years.

But yeah do whatever u want to your plants, i was just trying to give him a friendly output on things and how he could benefit from a propper training regime. But sorry trying to act friendly and stuff it will not happen again. my bad. im an aweful human who almost does not deserve the air i breathe. ;)
LOL

u do understand than i also only use LED myself and this is not an attack on LED at all or do you?

dude something is lost in translation here. i think. i mean leds are better than HPS. cus different spectrum is tweaked in them hitting those sweet spots were hps and sun light is more broad spectred giving more useless light that led. and a bigger heat output with makes plants grow taller less bushy than under led. just my observations over the last ten years.

But yeah do whatever u want to your plants, i was just trying to give him a friendly output on things and how he could benefit from a propper training regime. But sorry trying to act friendly and stuff it will not happen again. my bad. im an aweful human who almost does not deserve the air i breathe. ;)
LOL

u do understand than i also only use LED myself and this is not an attack on LED at all or do you?

Yeah, I hear ya for sure man. I didn't at first and was sitting here going....:loopy:....You nailed it though, proper training can take things to a whole new level.

super now we speak the same language. :) that was just my point small tweaks does amazing things. and my small lights were more compatibal to his grow than say your BIIGASS light setup :D so i thought it would give him a good sense of the possibilities to optimaze a small grows yield.

Good day to you my good sir and thanks for the little litterate fencing match to start with, great morning workout :p

:Namaste: friend.

super now we speak the same language. :) that was just my point small tweaks does amazing things. and my small lights were small compatibal to his grow than your big ass setup so i thought it would give him a good sense of the possibilities to optimaze a small grows yield.

Got day to you my good sir and thanks for a little litterate fencing match to start with :p

:Namaste: friend.

No problemo lol.
My big ass light arrays are all the more to help you prove your point man! Lots of them all together driven very very soft = less power to do the same or better job just as your doing really. Just on large scale:thumb:. Good lookin girl there too!

No problemo lol.
My big ass light arrays are all the more to help you prove your point man! Lots of them all together driven very very soft = less power to do the same or better job just as your doing really. Just on large scale:thumb:. Good lookin girl there too!

And what a great setup you have there - its just lovely. Used to have a kickass perpetual grow room with HPS and cfl¨s for veg tents my self, Then unfutunately i got a bit sick and the damn foreclosure put a full stop to it. But now i just do it small scale in almost all my closets in my small all 1 roomer with LED only. but i sure would wish i had the chance to convert my old room to all LED that would have been kickass.

But now i have a perpetual grow in a small closet still pumping out between 160-200g every other month confined on a 3.5x2 ft closet using a maximum of 260w so im a happy LED grower i must say. and acouple of extra small closets i can put up extra installments in when needed. In my opinion LED did a quantum leap for small time growing it really did.

Back
Top Bottom