Sensi Star Grow

What strain is it? Paradise Seeds - Sensi Star (5 feminized seeds).

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds germed on 8-26-2014, opened and planted on 8-27-14.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4.

If soil... What size pot? 6", then I'll transplant to 2 gallon pots.

Size of lights?
-Seedling: 125 watt blue spectrum mogul-based CFL.
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye-Hortilux HPS with 250/400 Phantom digital ballast.

Is it aircooled? 4" inline fan with air cooled reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? around 81 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 46%.

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? Gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water and feed alternately 2 times a week (RO water and General Organics CaMg+).

Type and strength of ferts used? To be determined.

Post pics soon; I think these will pop out of the soil fast.

Yep your bad luck has to be used up. Looking forward to your go.
It's the only luck left, stealthgrow. My past 6 grows used up all the bad luck the universe had. :)

Thanks I'm so gunshy right now things should go smooth I'm too worried to try anything new, fghtsmallcell :bitingnails:
I like a method I've been using with FF on another grow of mine (minus one tsp. on all the bases and full amounts on all the supplements), so I may use that for nutes. AN Iguana may be a choice of mine too; I really like the taste with organic grows.

Sensi Star grow, 5 days from seed:

0051649.JPG

I'm keeping the light right on top of them to avoid stretch, but it's not a strong light. They should be okay. Post more pics soon.

They look perfect so far.

Thanks again fghtsmallcell, but I decided to condense my grows and these seedlings having a bit of stretch to them was the main reason for the decision. They do look good besides that though; I'm relieved. I had the CFL right on top of them and they still stretched, so now they're under a 250 watt MH/HPS bulb set at 250x (My ballast has a setting to use on older bulbs to increase the power output in order to get the max out of them before you change to new ones; just don't look at it while it's on ouch it hurts). I have 9 other seedlings in there and they haven't stretched much, if any. I'll get another pic up soon.

They're getting on in size; I had to condense two of my seedling groupings together until another grow unit of mine is clear. The Sensi Star plants are in the larger pots (back row and right side). They are at 14 days from germination today:

0071370.JPG

Post more pics soon. Things are going problem-free so far.

looking good man subbed for this!

I love Sensi Star!

Welcome, mrrobert420 I think I picked a good strain to do from what everyone here has to say about it. I think I'm going to use a nute program on these called Biolink (organic). It's two part, and I may use humic acid powder in the SSM#4 when I transplant to the larger pot. My AN program isn't a full one, so I'll use it for other stuff. I'm also thinking of maybe getting a GO box for this grow instead. I've got a week to decide.

I did some more rearranging :) The Sensi Star plants are in the shape of an "X" (corners and middle of the 9 plants on the right). The top middle is a GDP clone, top bottom is a Pre '98 attempted clone (almost dead; the pot to the left out of the 9 plants is the same Pre '98 I'm trying to reveg), and the 2 plants middle left and right are a hybrid I did (818 Headband x Grand Daddy Purple):

0051655.JPG

I'll have these in their own grow soon. :)

Sensi Star - 2 weeks and 5 days from seed:

0041755.JPG

I think I can hit them with the Biolink early. If they need watering tomorrow, I'll hit them with 1/2 strength nutes (1 oz. per gallon of water with 1 oz. of micros, too). I might as well add some mycos, too :) Post more pics soon.

Looking awesome for 3 weeks from seed Potchimp. Definitely looks like they are big enough now to handle a light feeding of nutes. ;)

Thanks man yeah I think I'll do a half dose and give it to them in the morning. I need to transplant soon too. :)

Notes: I did both the transplant and the feeding. The transplant was 2 gallon plastic pots; the bottom half of the pots was recycled soil from previous grows (hope that don't come back to haunt me but the stuff looked okay) and the top half was SSM#4. I wanted to conserve materials, so I thought I'd try it. The feeding was 1 oz. of Biolink 3-3-3, 1 oz. of Biolink micronutrients, 1 tsp. of CaMg+, and 1/2 tsp. of GWS (the 3-3-3 is usually 2 oz. per gallon, so this is 1/2 strength). I poured the nute solution over the plants to foliar feed, then misted the plants down to prevent burn. I put them down lower from the light to prevent burn also.

Sensi Star - 3 weeks and 2 days from germ (the plant on the lower right isn't one of them; it's a cross I did):

0011968.JPG

They seem mostly similar here's the structure of an average one:

0021954.JPG

I don't like this nutrient program. I have a leaf that looks like it has a deficiency. I'm going to use aerated compost tea with this grow. I'll post the stuff I'm using in it and more pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom